Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Server fire?

I saw this on a Youtube video that apparently the reason the Sims 2 trailer looked better than the actual game was because of a server fire in the Sims studio.

Is there any truth to this? It would explain why the Sims 2 trailer looked more interesting than the actual game.

Comments

• Options
    West_WindsWest_Winds Posts: 305 Member
    edited July 2013
    That sounds highly unlikely. How would a server fire make a trailer look better than the actual game? That makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think what seanierocksz means is that the fire happened AFTER the trailer was made and released. Unless fire improves graphics now. Hold on I'll check......

Nope nevermind. Also I appear to be missing my eyebrows.
  • Options
    West_WindsWest_Winds Posts: 305 Member
    edited July 2013
    I see. XD lol sorry I wasn't clear on what she meant.

I still don't think that's the case though. Trailers have better graphics than the games they are made for all the time. Look at World of Warcraft for example.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would assume that EA/Maxis had a disaster recovery plan that included off site storage for backups. In that case a server fire might push back a release date but not change the actual game.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2013
    It doesn't explain why TS3 base trailers looked better then the game.
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2014
    I saw this on a Youtube video that apparently the reason the Sims 2 trailer looked better than the actual game was because of a server fire in the Sims studio.

Is there any truth to this? It would explain why the Sims 2 trailer looked more interesting than the actual game.

Yea, I've been seeing this in other threads, but I can't find anything about it on the internet.

If anyone has an official link talking about it, I'd love to see it. :D
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, I followed this link from another thread, I didn't realize how long ago this thread was. :oops: