Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maddening - SocialJig Rugs

I think I'm going to lose my mind here. I never had a problem with the SocialJigTwoPerson Rugs prior to installing University, but now they are showing up everywhere, no matter how carefully I build a house. I'm curious how many routing errors these things are responsible for. My issue is this, in Build/Buy mode, I can't see the rugs. I have to move the family out, then go into build mode on the house I moved them from and then the rugs show up. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to see the rugs without having to move your family all over the place as EA seems very lax in dealing with this issue.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2013
    SocialJigTwoPerson Rugs :?: :?: :?:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited July 2013
    All I remember is SocialJig and they're silver/grey and they look like the small oval rug. It's some space reserved for a specific interaction, usually one that gets interrupted, but that's just my experience with them. They've ended up in really annoying places in my houses and I can't actually see them until I move the family out and then go back into the house empty and then I can remove them.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2013
    MiyuEmi wrote:
    All I remember is SocialJig and they're silver/grey and they look like the small oval rug. It's some space reserved for a specific interaction, usually one that gets interrupted, but that's just my experience with them. They've ended up in really annoying places in my houses and I can't actually see them until I move the family out and then go back into the house empty and then I can remove them.
    I own all EPs/SPs and the store but that doesn't sound like anything I've ever encountered. Hopefully, someone else knows or has had the issue will come along and help you. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have seen lots of people with the problem and they have posted pictures of them too.

I don't know how to make them stay out of the game. They are apparently something the game is supposed to clean up after the interaction between the sims is over. But for some reason they stay behind and accumulate making all of those locations into routing failures.

I've never had them in my games so I don't really know how to delete them. I think you may need moveobjects or buydebug cheat to do it but I don't know for sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the replies. I've done a bit of testing now and it seems to be happening when an interaction fails. At the moment, the interaction failing is 'Take Picture with Self'. The minute they queue that up, they both just stand there for ages and the action finally has to be cancelled. After it's been cancelled, there is a large space on the floor that I am unable to use. I suppose the only way I could stop this would be to make sure no one has any Jock standing. I believe this is Island Paradise though as this interaction worked just fine prior to this EP which I just installed a couple of days ago.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2013
    It might have started in your game after installing IP but others have been posting pictures of them in their games for months. I think it even may extend back into last year.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've had the problem before, but not so pronounced as it is now and admittedly it could be from last year as I only installed Supernatural and UL a few months ago but the failing of 'Take picture with self' is new. That interaction worked fine before IP. The only good thing about that one is that I actually know in that instance when the 'jigs' were set! Really hope it's fixed soon.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]