Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why doesn't metals count?

My sim has got the life ambition to master diving and collect 40000 worth of things she finds when diving. But WHY doesn't the metals she finds count towards the 40000? She just found palladium worth a fortune but it didn't help one bit :/ very frustrating since the fish and shells doesn't pay much...

Comments

• Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited July 2013
    The gemstones don't count either. Some of the seashells and fish are worth quite a bit of simoleans. The seahorse is something just over 1000 simoleans and the large clamshell is also worth a lot. If you get attacked by a shark and win, the shark tooth you get is worth over 1000 simoleans. Little by little it adds up. It irked me as well when I sold one of the large palladium ingots and it didn't count towards the 40000 simoleans. I eventually made it anyway.
  • Options
    DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm fairly sure it only counts for the new IP items you collect down there. Seahorses, eels, octopi and squid are all quite good. Also I think the gemstones and metals you only find in the chests and caves, maybe snorkelling as well? Has to actually be items you manually select and choose catch/collect.

I've done that LTW twice now, not that hard when you focus on the expensive stuff :)
  • Options
    TezaG78TezaG78 Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks, good to know it's not just in my game then :) I guess it make sense that it's just the new stuff that counts, in a way, but it's still not fair :/
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited July 2013
    For some reason if you go fishing off a boat and sell the fish, that also counts towards the diving LTW. Seems a bit cheaty to me, but I'll take it :-)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2013
    If you have University Life, get a Sim up to level 10 Science skill then buy him/her a Science Research Station; they can then take samples from sea life and clone them. Catch one of the really high value fish, put it in a fish bowl and take unlimited samples and you'll make it to your goal in no time.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TezaG78TezaG78 Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2013
    Great tricks :) bit cheaty but good to know :D
  • Options
    CaptobvsCaptobvs Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited July 2013
    Also you may want to think about (if you haven't already) is doing the Professional Diver self-employed at the City Hall. For some reason when I did this, anything I found diving contributed to that LTW.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2013
    Captobvs wrote:
    Also you may want to think about (if you haven't already) is doing the Professional Diver self-employed at the City Hall. For some reason when I did this, anything I found diving contributed to that LTW.

Happy Simming!

Good to know -- I'll be doing that with my alien as soon as he gets to the top of the Writing career. (He's the one with level 10 Science skill, and I've already got his work lab below decks for him to clone goodies.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)