May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future. The New Traits

Havent seen a forum for this yet and I might as well make one.

What are some traits you are hoping to see?

How will the traits affect your sims?

What are some moodlets you hope to see?

Anything else you want to add on go right ahead.

For me I know there is the Technophobe trait and I hope they do an opposite of that one. The name of it would be....Techno-handle. Or I don't know I haven't really come up with a name for it yet. But it be mostly where you love technology and you will learn the bot building sim faster as well you can update things faster and learn handiness skill faster.

Another trait I am hoping for is Sci-fi Friendly, where your sim is a sci-fi lover. You will be more likely to effect the future.

I really hope for a moodlet for using the time portal as well when you are in the future town you get a moodlet.

Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    southern_wintersouthern_winter Posts: 321 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well the opposite of Technophobe would be a Technophile :) and that would be kind cool for a trait. And I know I'm going to sound like a huge dork now, but for sims who love to time travel there could be a time lord trait! :lol:
  • Options
    antcane296antcane296 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Isn't the opposite of a technophobe A computer wiz?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2013
    antcane296 wrote:
    Isn't the opposite of a technophobe A computer wiz?
    Yeah it can because computers are in that general category. But technophobe is broad term for fear of anything that has to do with technology in general. So it's not just computers, it's TV's and radios too. So the correct term for the opposite of technophobe is technophile.
    The new traits: One will probably be based around either advanced technology, or create-a-plumbot. One might be based around the ability to control either the hover board or the jet-pack. The others, who knows. :D
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited July 2013
    Bump.

I knew it was called technophile but I was having a brain fart I guess.

I wouldn't mind a time lord trait that be rather cool.

Edit: Grammar
  • Options
    4eee54eee5 Posts: 687 Member
    edited July 2013
    what about a robot builder
  • Options
    bella7790bella7790 Posts: 23
    edited July 2013
    Mabye:

Robotic Genius - Can learn Bot Building skill faster

Fear of Highs - Can't use jetpacks.

Shopping Colonel - Get a discount in the shopping plaza

Universal Creator - Can be promoted faster in the Astronomer career.

Futuristic Zoologist - Theese sims can learn faster about the animal that live in the future.

• Options
    TomDansterTomDanster Posts: 34 New Member
    edited July 2013
    bella7790 wrote:
    Mabye:

Robotic Genius - Can learn Bot Building skill faster

Fear of Highs - Can't use jetpacks.

Shopping Colonel - Get a discount in the shopping plaza

Universal Creator - Can be promoted faster in the Astronomer career.

Futuristic Zoologist - Theese sims can learn faster about the animal that live in the future.

I'd Agree With All Of These Except Futuristic Zoologist - Don't think We'll get 'future animals' besides bugs
    And Fear Of Heights - Acrophobic
  • Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm thinking of an Old-Fashioned trait. Old-Fashioned Sims don't like the way things are done in the future. They dislike furniture and Sims that come from the future and they have a harder time learning the Advanced Technology skill. :)
  • Options
    MistermoomanMistermooman Posts: 265 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Richi3f wrote:
    I'm thinking of an Old-Fashioned trait. Old-Fashioned Sims don't like the way things are done in the future. They dislike furniture and Sims that come from the future and they have a harder time learning the Advanced Technology skill. :)

I had an idea for a similar trait - Nostalgiac. Though they won't dislike the future objects, but just prefer to use older objects, and get positive moodlets from using them, or being in a room full of them.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2013
    Because there's up to six trait slots for Plumbots, I imagine there's quite a large variety in them.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited July 2013
    With this nostalgic trait, the sims in the future wouldn't have been nostalgic for anything because that's all they know. It's like someone born in the 21st century being nostalgic for the 1970s, for example.

I like the techno-savy trait as I feel it would suit well. Also, something about star voyager or space enthusiast to go with the new Astronomer career. For a second there, I was getting mixed up between Astronomer and Astronaut :lol:

I think one to assist building simbots might be useful as a trait but the eccentric, handy and creative traits are already hear and could help with this skill.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    With this nostalgic trait, the sims in the future wouldn't have been nostalgic for anything because that's all they know. It's like someone born in the 21st century being nostalgic for the 1970s, for example.

I like the techno-savy trait as I feel it would suit well. Also, something about star voyager or space enthusiast to go with the new Astronomer career. For a second there, I was getting mixed up between Astronomer and Astronaut :lol:

I think one to assist building simbots might be useful as a trait but the eccentric, handy and creative traits are already hear and could help with this skill.

I like the nostalgic trait. I think it work well with the game as well as there was an yin to its yang, something to counter it. Wow I sounded like a nerd there didn't I 8) 8)

Anyways I really hope something for the Astronomer career as well, because I made one sim just for that and im working on his logic his life time partner is working out. Hehe.

Hmmm trying to think of good stories to go with this new game and I keep coming up with more and more. Anyways, I also trying to think of new traits.

I thought of this as a trait: Something that goes around electricity. How you love working with anything that is electric. You are less likely to get shocked and you updated things that are electric more quickly. And if you do get shocked you like it. :lol: :twisted:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Bump!!

More information might have come out, and Im behind. Someone anyone, any news on the New Traits for ITF