Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barnacle Bay has so many celebrities...

Barnacle Bay has some many celebrities that I can't find any Sim who's not one :lol: I thought that this bug was fixed few years ago :roll:

Comments

• Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited July 2013
    Did u turn celebrities off in settings?
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited July 2013
    If you aren't opposed to mods, I believe Nraas' Story Progression mod would fix this. You could go into settings and type a maxium for the different sim types (Fairies, Werewolves etc.). I THINK it works for celebs as well, but don't quote me on it. :lol:
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited July 2013
    If you turn Celebrities off before you start a new Barnacle Bay game, it should stop all your townies from getting the Celebrity Status.

Turning off after you start your game doesn't remove the celebrities.

Hope this makes sense.
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the tip, folks! Just found another solution to the problem. As long as I'm playing with story progression being off, I had to turn it on, check on the part of opt out active household from getting celebrity stars and turn off story progression again :mrgreen: No stars are visible anymore and I can talk with whomever I want :lol:
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the tip, folks! Just found another solution to the problem. As long as I'm playing with story progression being off, I had to turn it on, check on the part of opt out active household from getting celebrity stars and turn off story progression again :mrgreen: No stars are visible anymore and I can talk with whomever I want :lol:

So, before you created the neighborhood? I just got the stuff pack that has this option....I'm a little lost on it. I never play with Story Progression on.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited July 2013
    So, before you created the neighborhood? I just got the stuff pack that has this option....I'm a little lost on it. I never play with Story Progression on.

No, after doing that and it did work :mrgreen: I started turning that function off as long as it demolishes my town :lol:
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2013
    Its a glitch. Having celebs unchecked in options before starting the new game should do it.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited July 2013
    I started a game in Lucky Palms and forgot to turn celebrities off,my town had a lot of them.What I did was turn off celebrities to stop more from coming and every celebrity I saw I shift clicked on them and reduced their celebrity level to 0 instead of losing my entire game