Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I would want more than anything!

The Sims 3 is really hitting it's stride now and there are tons of fun things for us to do with our sims. For me there is only one type of object that is still really lacking in the game and that is objects that make handmade craftables. I'd really love something like a sewing machine or knitting set. These are activities I enjoy in real life and I would love for my sims to be able to do the same. I also wouldn't mind getting anything handy for sims to do around the house such as fixing up a junk car, flower arranging, or a pottery wheel...also something for the kids like coloring or drawing with crayons. Really any of these I would love, but especially the sewing machine, so many of my sims houses seem lacking without one.

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'd love a sewing machine especially if the did a ultra modern, 50s style and a spindle/wheel as skins/versions.

Sadly this feature would work awesome if we have a shopping like in Sims 1 (but we don't! :( ) where you can purchase outfits only available by in game purchase with simoleons (sp?).

Fixing junk should have been in with the inventors or handy skill, especially when you could get items from the junk yard (buy you have to buy it and can't refurbish : / ).

Flower arranging, I'd love cause sometimes I want to use flowers in a build but can't change the color of them and sometimes they don't match my scheme.

I hope the last EP has meat of the game to contribute as a wrap up (skills, hobbies, etc) and not just a bunch of future looking stuff (we have it basically future shock items!).
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'd love a sewing machine especially if the did a ultra modern, 50s style and a spindle/wheel as skins/versions.

Sadly this feature would work awesome if we have a shopping like in Sims 1 (but we don't! :( ) where you can purchase outfits only available by in game purchase with simoleons (sp?).

Fixing junk should have been in with the inventors or handy skill, especially when you could get items from the junk yard (buy you have to buy it and can't refurbish : / ).

Flower arranging, I'd love cause sometimes I want to use flowers in a build but can't change the color of them and sometimes they don't match my scheme.

I hope the last EP has meat of the game to contribute as a wrap up (skills, hobbies, etc) and not just a bunch of future looking stuff (we have it basically future shock items!).

That's an awesome idea about having the different types of sewing machines! I myself was thinking of a modern one and a Victorian one. Every time I see that Victorian-looking dress model that came with Supernatural it makes me want a Victorian sewing machine to go with it!

And I too was thinking about how in the Sims 3 each sim has access to all of the clothes without having to go to the clothing store, but maybe the sewing machine could have a few exclusive outfits that come just from it like in the Sims 2. Stuffed animals and decorative quilts would be awesome as well! I've always wanted to put some quilts on the walls of my consignment stores!

I agree that fixing up junk should have come with Ambitions and the junk yard...it would have been awesome to be able to find a junk car there to take home and fix up. Since we haven't got one yet, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!

I too hope the Future EP has something crafty in it (Maybe building more types of robots?), but if it doesn't (and even if it does, but doesn't have say the sewing machine)I'd love to see a few crafty items in the Store before they wrap up the Sims3 forever. As a crafty person in real life it just seems like a big hole in the lives of my sims.