Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete Your Set - Check Compilation Sets First!

Don't know if this has already been suggested, but check the big compilations before buying individual sets:

I own most of the Faire Folk set but was missing some items from the Faire Folk Attire set.

My discounts were:

Faire Folk Attire (own 42%) - buy for 360 points
Faire Folk Furnishings and Attire (own 67%) - buy for 60 points
Make a Wish Compilation (which includes Faire Folk Attire) - FREE

I have a similar situation with:

Interior Castle Set (own 17% - which I got free on a weekend promotion) - buy for 360 points,
but is FREE for me in the Best of 2010 Compilation set (own 87%).

Also, the Happy Holidays to your Furry Friends (which shows as 350 pts. and not included in the Complete Your Set promotion) is FREE for me in the December 2011 Compilation.

I do own most of the store, so this won't work for everyone.

Comments

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2013
    Just a word of warning. I purchased the 9/2011 comp set for 260 points and was charged 2950 points instead. I've contacted CS twice to no avail. They refuse to refund my points and apparently the "supervisors" won't talk to customers. :evil:
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2013
    I completely agree with this, definitely start with the compilations. Once you have purchased the compilations, you can then download the subsets, which I plan on doing.
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited July 2013
    Agreed. As items appear in different sets/compilations I was able to get quite a few compilations today by starting with the free ones which then added to the percentage of the other compilations that contained the same items which made those free, I then went and checked through the compilations again and again until I was sure I got everything marked as free.

Go for the big free stuff first (refresh the page first and don't have any other store page tabs open, apparently that helps the problem) and keep checking sets/compilations that you did before because as some items are in more than 1 compilation/set it could then make other sets free. Then go for the lower priced sets and hopefully those will lower the prices of the other sets you want.
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited July 2013
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Just a word of warning. I purchased the 9/2011 comp set for 260 points and was charged 2950 points instead. I've contacted CS twice to no avail. They refuse to refund my points and apparently the "supervisors" won't talk to customers. :evil:

I had a similar problem with being charged 700 for a free set and I got the SP back after including a link to the FAQ which showed them that I was charged for something that should have been free. You should make it clear to them that this is a glitch of the new feature. It is affecting a lot of people so I am sure they are trying to get their points back as well.

But I am only getting sets that cost more than the amount of points I have to make sure I wont lose anything. Hopefully by next week they will have fixed everything so I can get the lower priced sets.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited July 2013
    DarkMirage wrote:

keep trying and get some screenshots for proof i you can
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2013
    I was disappointed when I checked the More Magic set to see it isn't included in this. I was missing the hair that can't be got without the set and have wanted it for ages.

Then I checked the compilations and found it in a compilation. The hair I wanted was the only thing missing from that compilation so I got it and it cost me 75 points.

I checked and that is what I was charged.

I also discovered a dress in the costume compilation. I thought I had that dress but it shows I don't. I eventually tracked it down as being in the Romanza Bridal Party set. I own the set and it has the Blue download button. But it also shows that I own only 1 item in the set. It is something that I obviously purchased twice before I realised the Romanza Bridal Party set items always show as not owned. Even though I purchased it as the set and not as part of a compilation.