Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My world will not install. Please Help! Thanks! :D

I made this forum because all the ones I see are people who create worlds, and I do not create worlds...
So I am trying to download my world Monte Vista, but when I download it it finishes and it says under the status that it is "installed" but when I go in game its not under the worlds tab when I start the game. I also look in the files and under "installed worlds" but it is not there. Its in the downloads though...

I have a Windows 8, my game is up to date. I do not know what the problem is... Any help would be great! :D

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2013
    You may want to delete the four cache files in "The Sims 3" folder under Documents before you restart your game.

• CASPartCache.package
    • compositorCache.package
    • scriptCache.package
    • simCompositorCache.package

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    diamonndleediamonndlee Posts: 17 New Member
    edited July 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    You may want to delete the four cache files in "The Sims 3" folder under Documents before you restart your game.

• CASPartCache.package
    • scriptCache.package

Will it mess up my game? And now it says it has come to an error downloading content... do you know how to fix this? Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    blunote00 wrote:

• CASPartCache.package
    • scriptCache.package

Will it mess up my game? And now it says it has come to an error downloading content... do you know how to fix this? Thanks :)
    Deleting those files won't cause any issues as they are regenerated by the game. Is your game up to date?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:

• CASPartCache.package
    • scriptCache.package

Deleting those files won't cause any issues as they are regenerated by the game. Is your game up to date?
    Yes my game is up to date. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:

• CASPartCache.package
    • scriptCache.package

What's the error you are getting? Also are you logged into the launcher?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:

• CASPartCache.package
    • scriptCache.package

What's the error you are getting? Also are you logged into the launcher?
    No more error after deleting the things you told me... I am gonna try in game, yes I am ")
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Okay.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    Okay.
    After I deleted those things you told me I now have them in the files ( installed Worlds ) And in game! :D Thanks for everything! :D:D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    blunote00 wrote:
    Okay.
    After I deleted those things you told me I now have them in the files ( installed Worlds ) And in game! :D Thanks for everything! :D:D
    Kewl Beans! You're welcome and have fun with your worlds. :mrgreen: