Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sneak Peeks for this upcoming Thursday, July 18th! [Last Edit 07- 16 - 13]

Comments

• Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited July 2013
    So so so excited for this!!! I cannot wait to see the full set :D
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well, so far so good! Goodness, we have been waiting for something like this for so long! It's going to be a long week! :lol: Comes out the day after my 14th wedding anniversary.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm so excited (and hungry) that I ordered takeout! :lol:
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Well, so far so good! Goodness, we have been waiting for something like this for so long! It's going to be a long week! :lol: Comes out the day after my 14th wedding anniversary.
    It's being released on my Birthday, I'm excited... :mrgreen:

Aw, congrats! :mrgreen:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I'm literally sliding my card across the screen right now, against the image, and nothing is happening. Why can't I have this now? :lol::lol:

I try that every time--it never works. :lol:
    I do have a question. If this is a restaurant will the content enable Sims to sit together and eat? Right now it's easier to herd cats than it is to get a family all together at the table at the same time.

Valid. Very valid. :thumbup:
    It's like watching musical chairs. :(
  • Options
    jdeastkysims2jdeastkysims2 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2013
    It's being released on my Birthday, I'm excited... :mrgreen:

It will be released two days after my birthday... But still it is going to be awesome... Can't wait :P
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited July 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I'm literally sliding my card across the screen right now, against the image, and nothing is happening. Why can't I have this now? :lol::lol:

I try that every time--it never works. :lol:

I wonder how long it will be until our computers do have the ability to process credit cards? :shock: Actually, I'd rather have the machine hooked up to my tower then have to enter my personal information into every site I want to purchase something on. Thinking about it, I am surprised this is not an actuality yet.

I am excited to see the new content and hope it will be able to answer at least some of the dreams for everyone who wants to run a business in game. :)
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited July 2013
    So awesome!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2013
    Is it the 18th yet?? I want to get this set like yesterday!!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    bluebird137bluebird137 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I can not wait it look good and I have the sims point ready which my husband got me for our anvisary at the end of june
  • Options
    AngelKsc03AngelKsc03 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Have any of you caught this image that SimGuruSmitty put on Twitter???

BOx9ovoCMAIqlbS.jpg

The caption was, "What are you doing?? I sure hope you paid for that!"

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THIS BE OFB CONTENT!
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    :shock:
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited July 2013
    What CHEERS!!!!!! OMG it's an open restaurant. Mindblown!!!!!!!!!

Cinder where are you we need to jump for joy and sound off the Marching band. It looks like ofb content is coming to the store. WOOT!!!!
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2013
    NO WAY! I've been waiting for this.. for well, ever!
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited July 2013
    Are "venues" editable? And if so do the new animations that come with venues work in player made building? In the game venues are rabbit holes. Are store content venues rabbit holes??

Anavastia wrote:
    Cinder where are you we need to jump for joy and sound off the Marching band. It looks like ofb content is coming to the store. WOOT!!!!

I'm here! Just quieter than usual because I've got a summer flu type thingie and I'm tired.

I'm jumping for joy on the inside though! :D
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2013
    Are "venues" editable? And if so do the new animations that come with venues work in player made building? In the game venues are rabbit holes. Are store content venues rabbit holes??

Store venues aren't rabbit holes.

As to working in other buildings...I rarely use the venue that comes with the PC content. I buy the sets for the parts so I can build my own buildings....so yes.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh! Can't wait to see it being released. I was waiting for playable restaurants and shops for a very long time (to be honest, since the release of 'The Sims 3'). Even though it's going to be released on 'The Store' and I probably won't be even able to get this set by myself, but it's always nice to see that opportunity to expand my gameplay the way I want actually exists. Woop! Woop!
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited July 2013
    I am pleased, but I miss my bakery and flower shop from Sims 2. I guess it is just going to be a restaurant and cash register for stores.

I miss skills that you can turn into a business I guess we have to wait for Sims 4.

I don't think that the SIms outside is a waitress she is not wearing an apron.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited July 2013
    do I seriously have to wait until the 18th?, that is not fair, how dare EA tease us like that!!!! Lol! I want, and ready to buy simpoints. Can't wait! :)
  • Options
    Neady134Neady134 Posts: 129 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm so excited for this and I hope the 1700 points I've been keeping will be enough :lol:
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited July 2013
    I haven't seen any new items in the pictures except the menus and the register. I think this might be a mini PC set like we got with the pokerand roulette tables.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2013
    I haven't seen any new items in the pictures except the menus and the register. I think this might be a mini PC set like we got with the pokerand roulette tables.

Nah, Lisa implied they were talking about two different things!

'hmm..people think that my hint and @SimGuruCopeland's hint are about the same thing...maybe it'll all get sorted out in a week or two...:P'

So, this thread confirms the 'menu' thing will be this week, so I guess either a premium set or an open restaurant venue *squee*

And my guess is they'll announce the next store world on the next live broadcast, which will have the register as premium content.

So 'in a week.... or two' means next week we get one, and in two weeks (almost) we find out about the world.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2013
    oh... this is interesting...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    SidyGirlSidyGirl Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Oooh, I don't want to get my hopes up too high as far as OFB features go, but I'm really looking forward to a playable restaurant! The store team has really been on point this year with lots of interesting releases. :D
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think that the community stove, podium, cooks and waiters and hosts are beyond what the store team can do, but the NPCless system might have an upside. We are getting way too many NPCs in our games. Our game files are huge. I was thinking that I will be able to get rid of quite a few NPCs in my game by getting rid of the food registers. I also think that the menus on the tables will keep people from reading and doing homework at the tables. That really annoys me. It takes away the whole feel of the place. I am looking forward to seeing exactly how this is going to work.
  • Options
    StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2013
    I still think they should have done an OFB EP as that was my favourite in Sims2. But even if it has a little of that EP as a store item, I'll be happy. :)