Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U 10: MOO U! Guest Professor:TarynTempestwind_Self-Paced Tutorial--See Post 1

Comments

• Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2013
    Just makes me wonder what kind of hidden traits she has? :shock: :lol: :roll: :hunf:
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Just makes me wonder what kind of hidden traits she has? :shock: :lol: :roll: :hunf:

YEAH! Or what her traits got CHANGED to!

I saw a post once when Sims 3 was pretty new and people were playing with the trait system and a girl posted that you shouldn't give your Sim both flirty and good kisser because "I turned my back for a minute and then realized my Sim was a big ho!"

LOL! That still cracks me up. I wonder what her Sim was doing. She didn't elaborate.
    oow785m
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited August 2013
    Colors and siding took me a full day Idontrcall! But I enjoy it so much. Just looking at your pictures already, I can tell you are enjoyig the process of finding your colors and patterns too.

I will help you with pool work, should you need it!

I would love that. When I get to my pool I'll post the pictures and give you a shout out here :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi MOOers! I am so excited to see what colors and patterns and tricks you come up with from yesterday's Victorian class! Remember! With just a quick, "May I Taryn?" You can upload the Victorian to your own studios! Believe me, I know you will have earned the right to call it your own! I am already seeing some gorgeous combinations! This s what excites me most! To see the color and pattern combinations come to life! I encourage you you try something new!

Yesterday I spent with you, then in a recliner awaiting my husband's return from the gym and the nachos he promised me, and then I kicked it into high gear to compete my city block of touristy shops for SimGuruHydra's Keeping Afloat showcase!

I wanted to show you some more exterior MOOing, so here's the link!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1920/498746.page#11197824

I had a lot of fun with the MOOing of signage for the shops, and I hid lights in them so that the street would have a glowy, well lit night presence! Come take a look at the pictures, and maybe you'll get an idea or two as well for your new projects! The city street does have a certain old Victorian flair to its architecture.

Thanks for being such a fun group of people! I eagerly look forward to your projects and new builds!

T

PS. Zoo....Julianna is totally playing Brigham and Denton. I don't know if they even realize.....

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi Taryn. I've got some samples of my poor pool work in my MOO thread. I did pick one that was the best of the lot and I'm going to start landscaping around it. It is not too late, though, for suggestions from you (or anyone!!).

And I just downloaded your new lot. I think Lala and Uncle Stevie deserve a little R & R (although the town I'm building in is very unpopulated :)). I'm sure they'll have fun!
  • Options
    DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited August 2013
    Taryn, I forgot to comment that on your thread, but I figured I might as well just post it here; I LOVE the little sign you made for the bookstore! The little bears and such give that sign a completely different vibe! I might have to use THAT in a future build! :wink:
  • Options
    KOCHIE1210KOCHIE1210 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I have updated my homework thread!!!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/700102.page#11200407

WARNING
    BLINDING BY EXCESSIVE COLOR MAY OCCUR

EDIT:
    Taryn, once you've looked at my homework so far, do I have permission to re- upload?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    IDR...posted in your thread! The world I built it in was completely unpopulated, sothere were only a purple of NPC Townies to man the registers. I still had fun exploring and playing with everything else. I didn't need to "buy" anything, so I was ok with that too. I posted in your thread about pool shapes.

Kochie! I posted on your thread too! And yes! Permission here-by granted!

Data! I loved making the signage for the Eectric Ave street! That was fun and creative! I seriously like making streets! It's fun to do the smaller scale shops! I just got the theater set, on sale with the new compliation deals for just $ 6.00 maybe I'll do one with a theater too! I am already talking myself into it. Now enough chit chat from you. Get back to work :twisted:

T

• Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited August 2013
    I know I am late. I slept in, way in obviously. :roll: Just wanted to say thank you for your wonderful lessons Taryn, you presented everything so well and all the fantastic photos for us to follow your directions easily. There is so much work in the whole presentation, congratulations. Everyone has had a fabulous time joining in here and learned so much more for our building. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    I know I am late. I slept in, way in obviously. :roll: Just wanted to say thank you for your wonderful lessons Taryn, you presented everything so well and all the fantastic photos for us to follow your directions easily. There is so much work in the whole presentation, congratulations. Everyone has had a fabulous time joining in here and learned so much more for our building. :mrgreen:

MUCH better to have you here late than not at all! I agree, GK, our lovely Taryn did an AMAZING job!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So happy to see you here, Glenkarri! I'm excited to continue on, and I am way behind, so I'll be keeping you company. :D

IDR, to translate just a little for T, she meant to say that "there were only a couple of NPC Townies to man the registers." Not purple townies. Don't ask, just smile and nod your head. :mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Glenkarri! It was a lot of fun planning, building, screen shotting ( is that a word?) and writing. I can only hope I caught most of the typos! I am the typo queen

And it's been so fun interacting as a group and seeing all the new MOOIng!

I can't even tell you how proud of everyone I am! I could just run around doing Bree's happy dance and slapping high fives!

Incedently..."high five" is Scoutie's favorite trick. You clap two times, say" High Five" and she jumps up on her back legs and slaps you a hive five! So,cute and she loves it. I am teaching Harley it too, but at nearly 5'0" tall when she stands on her hind legs that's a whole lot of goofy Poodle coming at you! Lol!

Zoo. I will post screen shots soon of Taryn and doggies in her new house soon! It is beyond adorable! I took the day off from my computer! I think I was on it for more than ten hours yesterday! Lol!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    LolLol!

TYPO QUEEN,!!!

iPad hates me....Prisca translates for me and I love her for it!

( just smile and nod your head!!). LolLol

I typed my lessons in Word with spell check and many proof reads...I still missed things I am sure!!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    priscapup wrote:

IDR, to translate just a little for T, she meant to say that "there were only a couple of NPC Townies to man the registers." Not purple townies. Don't ask, just smile and nod your head. :mrgreen::lol:

Yes, thanks for that :). I thought it best to keep quiet about it, lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Now that I think about it, they might have been purple, too. I mean, who knows, right?

And Zoo? My very first Sims game ever, I'm not sure what traits I gave the gal, but I do know I was shooting for rock star, so something appropriate there. I walked away and left it running to feed my pooch. I came back, and she had moved the mailman into the house with her! :shock: The Mailman!!!! That was Sims 3. I'm a late bloomer. :D
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh, I definitely have to check out the lesson soon, my computer decided to break down yesterday, perfectly the day of the third lesson too! Going to Apple tomorrow to get it checked out, for now I'm on a MacBook Air, with no sims!

Sorry MrsProfessorMotherTarynLadyWoman! I promise, it was the dog! He ate my homework, I swear! :lol:
  • Options
    alverdinedrakealverdinedrake Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just love this class! It's so inspiring to see such a creative mind at work - my colour schemes usually consist of white, yellow and blue :P.
    I adore the red, blue, gold and cream, it seems so opulent, almost regal. And those roof decorations (forgot the term), SO GOOD!

Zoo, your house for Taryn is gorgeous, rec from me! Do you have any idea what your classes will be covering next?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Now that I think about it, they might have been purple, too. I mean, who knows, right?

And Zoo? My very first Sims game ever, I'm not sure what traits I gave the gal, but I do know I was shooting for rock star, so something appropriate there. I walked away and left it running to feed my pooch. I came back, and she had moved the mailman into the house with her! :shock: The Mailman!!!! That was Sims 3. I'm a late bloomer. :D

LOL!! That is AWESOME, P-Pup! I would have paid money to see your face!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    will2586 wrote:
    Oh, I definitely have to check out the lesson soon, my computer decided to break down yesterday, perfectly the day of the third lesson too! Going to Apple tomorrow to get it checked out, for now I'm on a MacBook Air, with no sims!

Sorry MrsProfessorMotherTarynLadyWoman! I promise, it was the dog! He ate my homework, I swear! :lol:

Stop trying to sweet talk the teacher so that you don't get in trouble! Kiss up!

LOL, no, just kidding! I'm just jealous because I had to DO my homework and STILL got into trouble. There may have been a "Sour Babies" throwing incident, which I maintain was Prisca's fault. Don't ask any questions there, it's just best.

How are you, Will? I'm sorry that your computer is acting up, I HATE that! Hopefully they will be able to fix it.

oow785m
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I just love this class! It's so inspiring to see such a creative mind at work - my colour schemes usually consist of white, yellow and blue :P.
    I adore the red, blue, gold and cream, it seems so opulent, almost regal. And those roof decorations (forgot the term), SO GOOD!

Zoo, your house for Taryn is gorgeous, rec from me! Do you have any idea what your classes will be covering next?

Hi, Alverdinedrake! Thanks so much for your kind words and for the rec! Actually I DO know what we will be covering next. If you were keeping a watch on the house I built for Taryn, you know that I added a lot of Sim-made photographs of things that were special to her, including a photo of her real life dog Scout. In our next Zoo U, coming up in just about two weeks if all goes as planned, I will be teaching a class in how to do that.

Students will learn how to use CAP well enough to get artwork into their games and how to photograph it once it is in there so that the finished lot doesn't have any pattern at all from CAP.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    blinky47jblinky47j Posts: 495 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm really excited about the next class! The artwork looks really cool and it would be a nice touch.

Please let us know when the next registration is available. Thanks sooo much Professor Zoo!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    will2586 wrote:

Stop trying to sweet talk the teacher so that you don't get in trouble! Kiss up!

LOL, no, just kidding! I'm just jealous because I had to DO my homework and STILL got into trouble. There may have been a "Sour Babies" throwing incident, which I maintain was Prisca's fault. Don't ask any questions there, it's just best.

How are you, Will? I'm sorry that your computer is acting up, I HATE that! Hopefully they will be able to fix it.

I have to be on the teacher's good side to get a good grade! I don't wanna fail!

Hehe, I'm so behind, I actually think I'm going to do lesson 3 then go back to lessons 1 and 2 since they have more MOOing involved.

I'm good by the way, just wish that on top of my computer not working, my sims would work too. Maybe whatever they do to fix my computer, will fix my game, eh? I'm just hopeful :wink:

Taryn - Don't be mad! It's not my fault, I swear! :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    WILLiam.

You blame the dog, and then expect to not get in trouble?

Go to your room young man and don't come out until you MOO something!

Zoo...you know what you did. Stop blaming Prisca. Prisca gets into enough trouble on her own. Believe e, she does!

And thanks Alverdine!

T
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    WILLiam.

You blame the dog, and then expect to not get in trouble?

Go to your room young man and don't come out until you MOO something!

Zoo...you know what you did. Stop blaming Prisca. Prisca gets into enough trouble on her own. Believe e, she does!

And thanks Alverdine!

T

But Maaaahhm! Alright, I'll go, I'll go! :)
  • Options
    HARLEY2HARLEY2 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi Taryn, Thank you so much for the wonderful Moo course. I have just got back from spending a few days with my grandchildren and i have checked out lesson 3 what a fabulous home and how you turn it into such an exciting home is just great.Your colors and ideas are just so clever and very imaginative. Thank you for being my friend and for supporting me with my builds. I have been building since i got back and i have a new modern with furniture this time..lol.. :D
    Any my friend, i hope you and yours are well, Taryn fairy and Mr fatty are very cute and getting up to mischief again i see.. lol :D
    Jules (Harley2)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top