Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Guppies ~ A Mersim Baby Challenge ~ *Prologue Posted*

BANNER COMING SOON
This is not exactly the typical "100 Baby Challenge". It's much more than that. For off, it's mermaids/mermen that will be in this. Second, it's not 100. Well...it can be. It starts off with a mermaid or merman (preferrably a young adult) and they have as much children as possible before they turn into an elder (in the normal life span, no life fruits allowed) and then one of their last 7 children (or however many children are left in the house) when the starter (or heir) turns into an elder can become the new heir to the challenge. The amount of children the starter had, well, the heir has to have at least 5 more children than that number. It's the same way with the heir after that and their parent, and on and on until it reaches the goal the simmer has set or so. "The Guppies" has the honour of having Annie Breedon as its starter.

Welcome to The Guppies!

Will be updated later

Comments

• Options
    foxgirl902foxgirl902 Posts: 10,987 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Chapters

GENERATION 1: Annie Breedon
    Prologue
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Children

Annie Breedon's Children
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Reserved (Just in case)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have updated the first post ^-^
  • Options
    EmralEmral Posts: 481 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This looks interesting! It's gonna be hard fitting in all those babies into one lifestage...Can you use Young adult and Adult or just one? I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you! :D You can use both lifestages. Well, if you start as a Young Adult you can, if you start as an Adult you can obviously only use one because of the Elder stage not being able to have children :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The Guppies - The Prologue

Isla Paradiso. Islands upon islands stocked with resorts, houseboats, and mermaids. Mermaids are considered a curse, and are frowned upon. Almost all of Isla Paradiso is filled with skeptics. Annie Breedon, a French local born in Champs Les Sims, France only traveled to Isla Paradiso months ago, expected something much different. She never expected mermaids. Scaled legs sims? That too. She's probably being the biggest hater of mermaids ever. I decided to teach her a lesson, and surely if she ever had kids she'd teach them to hate mermaids too, so they should get taught a lesson too, right? Yes! I'll curse her whole family for generations to come! It'll be fantastic.

6 Months Later

Screenshot-14837_zps89085354.jpg
    Are you serious? You're crazy. I'm sorry, but you are.
    This is Annie, you know, the one I told you about.
    I really can't believe you.
    Be quiet Annie!

Screenshot-14838_zpscaae69ad.jpg
    Screenshot-14839_zpsc2c509ef.jpg
    Ehh..that's a nice house there.
    It is! It's beautiful for a sim like me. I love it because it's not underwater, because mermaids live there.
    Oh hush, Annie. You'll have a better one when you're a mermaid. It won't be long. It'll be big enough for your children too!

Screenshot-14840_zps9e1d0b23.jpg
    What now?
    I didn't tell you? You're going to be having kids. Lots of them.
    Okay, I didn't think you could get any crazier. I was wrong. Isn't being a mermaid bad enough?!
    Having kids is the only way to break your family's curse, Annie.

Screenshot-14841_zpsbf729722.jpg
    Can't we just talk about this? I don't want to have a million kids! My family is cursed? What-
    You need to zip your lips before I zip them for you.
    Fine, let's go inside then.
    No, you must turn first before you go anywhere. I don't want you escaping. Again.

Screenshot-14844_zps46bf1c8c.jpg
    Fine, I'll eat this stupid kelp. I bet it tastes like dirt.

Screenshot-14847_zpsbfc9adb8.jpg
    Screenshot-14848_zpsd3a93759.jpg
    Screenshot-14849_zps56ca55d4.jpg
    DUN DUN DUN

Annie turned into a mermaid. Her legs became covered in scales and the heat had her begging for water. It amused me.

Screenshot-14850_zps7ac2d315.jpg
    Can..Can we please go inside before I burn to a crisp? It must be a hundred degrees out here!
    Annie! Annie where are you going?!
    To the bathroom!

I followed Annie into the bathroom. She didn't like that much..

Screenshot-14855_zps8b127192.jpg
    What are you doing in here? It's a bathroom!
    I wanted to see what you're doing. We have more to do.
    Do I look like I care?
    Do I look like I care about your needs? No.

Screenshot-14851_zps52251a0b.jpg
    Whatever..How many kids do I need to have to break my curse?
    Well, you won't be the one to break the curse. One of your family members has to way after your dead.
    What in the world do you mean? I'm going to die a mermaid?!
    Yes, you are. Your family has to have 500 children, mermaid and all, before the curse is lifted.

Screenshot-14854_zpse5982f9d.jpg
    No..No this can't be happening to me! It just can't!
    But it is. Now, go eat some yogurt. It'll calm you down.
    Fine...I like yogurt.

Screenshot-14858_zps56f1afb0.jpg

Annie went out to eat yogurt, and it gave me just enough time to create her new home for the rest of her life. I know, you're probably thinking, "How can you build a house in the time that someone's eating yogurt?" Well, Annie is a slow yogurt eater..

Screenshot-14859_zpsb8c96ee9.jpg
    Screenshot-14860_zps2f5b5f02.jpg

Isn't she beautiful? She isn't all the way done yet, but she's beautiful! I decided to check back on Annie and bring her down to the new house.

Screenshot-14861_zpsaeff4ac4.jpg
    Done already?
    Yeah..you finished your yogurt? I expected you to still be eating it.
    Oh shut up.
    Well, let's go to the new house to begin your quest.
    Oh..okay then.

I took Annie to the new house, her pouting the whole there. What a little cry baby. I just got her a brand spanking new house for free! We arrived and Annie went in to check out the place.

Screenshot-14862_zps54cf9cc7.jpg
    Screenshot-14863_zps094e3fb6.jpg
    So..this is my new house?
    Yep! Like it?
    Yeah..it's really great..
    Well, I'm going to take off. Don't fail me, Annie. It's the only way to break the curse.

Screenshot-14865_zps870a7a08.jpg

With that, I left the house, and Annie. I knew she desperately wanted to be a normal sim again, but she knew that'll never be possible. She has to think about her family (and not only herself), and create it, to break the curse of the mermaid.

Well, that's the prologue! The chapters are going to be in a more story-like format, and sorry about the weird looking house. It was being glitchy and I couldn't fix it. It fixed itself when I brought Annie to it, so that's good! :D I hoped you guys liked that extremely long prologue by the way :) This is..I believe, my first story that I've actually started so it might suck a little :wink:
  • Options
    KaylaBresisBrettKaylaBresisBrett Posts: 2,015 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I think this is such a interesting challenge idea, I can't wait for more :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks! :D Chapter 1 should be out either today or tomorrow!
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,728 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think I'm going to follow this. Sounds really interesting...
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you! :) Chapter 1 will be out tomorrow! I have the pictures and the base for the chapter but I'll piece it together tomorrow.
  • Options
    RayneFaithRayneFaith Posts: 113 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Ooh, great story. I want to try out the challenge myself, and so glad someone combined my favorite challenge and mermaids - can't get enough of mermaids.
    Can't wait for the first chapter! :D
  • Options
    RayneFaithRayneFaith Posts: 113 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I do have one question though. Where you say 500 children, does that mean the a total (like all the past generations added together) or one sim pops out 500 kids?
  • Options
    madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited July 2013
    Bookmarked. This is so cute. I love the idea of mermaid babies.
  • Options
    ski260ski260 Posts: 77
    edited July 2013
    I like it so far!
    I love reading 100 Baby Challenges, and about IP mermaids, so this is something I think I will enjoy! :D
    I'm excited for the next chapter!
  • Options
    AmberKotoriAmberKotori Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited July 2013
    Ooo I'm liking this =) Bookmarked.
    456932bd-d82f-41e3-ba07-e3cbab1b5ebc_zpsfu64k4v0.jpg