May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get rid of extra properties??

I have a house boat and a home on a private island, as WELL as a private home on my resort lot... sooooooo I was trying to figure out a way to sell my houseboat... I moved to the island, but doing that didn't sell my houseboat. I tried to sell from real estate mode, but all it would let me sell was my island or my resort. I want my island home! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    goke8456goke8456 Posts: 11
    edited July 2013
    Did you actually have your sim move to the island home? If you click the island home and then click real estate, there should be the option "move to this private lot." I had my sim do that (I was getting sick of the house boat and how slowly it moves around), then I built a dock off of my island home and just kind of parked the houseboat out front and never use it. I'd love to know how to sell it too, but at least this way you can assign the island lot to be your actual home lot.
  • Options
    abugsmomabugsmom Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2013
    Ok, I figured it out, finally... I moved to the island home, choosing it as my actual home. Then I clicked on real estate on the phone and I was able to look for the houseboat on my properties listed, and I just clicked sell. Unfortunately, it sold for the price of the boat, NOT including my stuff, which sucks, in my opinion. But maybe next time I will try living in the boat, moving to a lot, and selling furniture, then try to sell the houseboat. I" don't know...