Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Corner sinks / toilets & mutlifunctional objects- less wasted space

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    Suceress wrote: »
    I don't recall the all-in-one bathroom from Sims 3...

I believe it came with one of the expansions.

Ah. Ok. I only got up to Pets. I need to check to see if there are any good bundles for the rest of the expansions.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited November 2014
    I would like a two eye burner for camping(when we get it), those who live in tents(when we get them), and poor sims who can't afford a stove. A mini frig that can hold drinks and snacks would be nice too. A cooler would also be a poor sim's last resort if he couldn't afford the refrig.
  • Options
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I would like a two eye burner for camping(when we get it), those who live in tents(when we get them), and poor sims who can't afford a stove. A mini frig that can hold drinks and snacks would be nice too. A cooler would also be a poor sim's last resort if he couldn't afford the refrig.

What is a "two eye burner"?

I would love a campfire that works as a fireplace AND a cooking space. Pots could be hung on it. For added humor, they could also be used for laundry. Remember the old cartoons where someone would think the cauldron had soup and would taste it but it was really someone's laundry? That would be pretty funny. In medieval times, peasants lived in structures with a firepit in the middle that they used for heat and cooking. It would be nice to be able to have stuff like that for the game.

mini fridges, ice chests, and coolers would be nice.
  • Options
    WindiiWindii Posts: 27 Member
    love the ideas for the corner units.. i think this has been needed for a long time, , would make it so nice for adding small bathrms ensuites etc
    and corner sinks and stoves in kitchen nice thanks hope we get to see these in game soon!
  • Options
    Thanks, Windii. I wish I could think of some good titles for stuff packs that would involve corner items. Corner Time? Cozy Corners? Or something... I don't know...
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    I kind of hope they bring back the all in one bathrooms too, plus the outhouse was fun to use
  • Options
    I finally looked up the All-In-One Bathroom. Interesting. I do like the idea of being able to see the Sim though-- but that one would also be a cool thing.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Some very good ideas on the corner stuff! I wish we could place sinks on the corner cabinets that we have now.

Perhaps they need to consider a 45 degree angle cabinet for some designs instead of just the 90 degree angle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Fullspiral, I agree, it would be great to have sinks that can sit on a corner counter.

S100Headache, interesting about having medicine. I think they had that in either Sims 2 or Sims 3 but I can't remember which. Or maybe I'm thinking of a mod to cure some of the sicknesses. Although instead of Robitussin, I'd say Delsym. I have a deep hatred of Robitussin-- stuff makes me hurl. LOL. I'm sure there would have to be Simlish names for them though.

Good points about some of the objects being larger than they should be.

Is there such a thing as a pocket telescope that Sims can carry in their inventory and pull out to look at the sky wherever they are?
  • Options
    Some other ideas: Furniture that doubles as storage and seating. For children's rooms there could be toy chests that serve as benches (they can possibly have cushions on top). There could also be footboard dressers (same width of the bed but sits against the footboard or replaces the footboard of the bed) that can be used to get out clothes but also can be a seat. And maybe a storage trunk to store inventory items that has a flat lid and can be used as a seat or surface for placing objects.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    what I want? Is being able to put bath/shower combos in either direction if I want to remake my house. Let say I want my shower/bathroom combo to have the facet/shower head next to the toilet (which is on the right) but with the current ones. I can't do that because the other half of the tub is closed off.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    what I want? Is being able to put bath/shower combos in either direction if I want to remake my house. Let say I want my shower/bathroom combo to have the facet/shower head next to the toilet (which is on the right) but with the current ones. I can't do that because the other half of the tub is closed off.

Oh, I absolutely agree with this. It would be nice to have left-hand drain/faucet tubs/showers or right-hand drains or even center drains. Currently in my house, my tubs have right-hand drains, but my remodeling plans for the 3rd bathroom include a right-hand drain tub.

It would be cool if there were like modular shower walls that you could put together to build a look-- like different sorts of corners or end pieces with shelves and stuff. It would be nice to be able to add shower caddies that can store decorative shampoo and soaps.

If I had my way, pretty much any surface that could hold items in real life would be a surface to hold stuff-- tub edges could hold bottles and such. And we'd be able to choose different faucets/showerheads, levers, etc to be able to make custom tub/showers.