The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finally Solved the Mystery (Glitch)- This Might Help Someone!

I "bought" the resort that was in foreclosure as soon as I moved my legacy family into I.P. I busted hiney trying to get the place both looking nicer and providing amenities. (I'm at 4.5 rating!!)

Anyway, soon after beginning, I noticed my staff would often stand around screaming that they couldn't get somewhere. I tried to look at the picture to see what they were trying to do, but all they gave me was a blank box and the "I can't get there" thought bubble. I have been going crazy trying to figure out what their deal was! On top of that, some guests were complaining about roaches, but I never saw any, I assumed the maintenance staff had taken care of them.

Lo and behold, I accidentally dropped underground while trying to look at the ground floor, and guess what I saw?? The roaches! Tons of them. They were on the "underground floor", all around my pool bottom. I could not crunch them, so I had to use testingcheat to delete them. So far, no more buggies, but I'm also not hearing my employees wig out either! Problem solved.

I hope this helps someone who has had the same problem. If you have built a pool there, it might be good just to drop to that level and check for those pesky bugs!

Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    MonienijntjeMonienijntje Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks so much for sharing this!

I was going crazy, 5 star resort but still everyone complaining in their reviews about the roaches. I never would've thought about looking underground.
  • Options
    DFGuyDFGuy Posts: 361 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I usually use buydebug and moveobjects to move them to a place where they can step on them so they feel like they're working.
  • Options
    mds424mds424 Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2013
    You're a genius! I see the bugs, but exactly what cheat did you have use to delete them? I can't seem to click on them at all!
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited June 2013
    mds424 wrote:
    You're a genius! I see the bugs, but exactly what cheat did you have use to delete them? I can't seem to click on them at all!

Most likely testingcheatsenabled true
    Useful cheat, shift click to bring up your testingcheats options.

By the way, does anyone miss the boolprop part? I do. :cry:
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited June 2013
    abugsmom wrote:
    I "bought" the resort that was in foreclosure as soon as I moved my legacy family into I.P. I busted hiney trying to get the place both looking nicer and providing amenities. (I'm at 4.5 rating!!)

Anyway, soon after beginning, I noticed my staff would often stand around screaming that they couldn't get somewhere. I tried to look at the picture to see what they were trying to do, but all they gave me was a blank box and the "I can't get there" thought bubble. I have been going crazy trying to figure out what their deal was! On top of that, some guests were complaining about roaches, but I never saw any, I assumed the maintenance staff had taken care of them.

Lo and behold, I accidentally dropped underground while trying to look at the ground floor, and guess what I saw?? The roaches! Tons of them. They were on the "underground floor", all around my pool bottom. I could not crunch them, so I had to use testingcheat to delete them. So far, no more buggies, but I'm also not hearing my employees wig out either! Problem solved.

I hope this helps someone who has had the same problem. If you have built a pool there, it might be good just to drop to that level and check for those pesky bugs!

Happy Simming!

I wonder if EA did that on purpose. I mean, roaches in the pool - it could happen!
  • Options
    abugsmomabugsmom Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2013
    mds424 wrote:

Yes, as a previous person said, I used testingcheatsenabled true then shift + click on them, and clicked "object" delete.
  • Options
    abugsmomabugsmom Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks so much for sharing this!

I was going crazy, 5 star resort but still everyone complaining in their reviews about the roaches. I never would've thought about looking underground.

:) I could claim genius, but it was purely impatience... I clicked down twice because it was not going to the ground level fast enough, but instead I got down underground. I saw these red hings that looked like eyes, zoomed in, and ROACHESSS!!!!!
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for this!!! Very helpful indeed!
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited June 2013
    I never would of thought to look there haha. I've gone over and over wondering why they keep talking about non existent cockroaches and a dirty pool, even though I add chlorine to it I've been stuck on 4 stars for ages :twisted: :shock:

Thank you :mrgreen: