Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about the newest update?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (Or if this is in the right subforum) but I wanna know.. If I move towns from my sims cell phone, is it going to mess up my family tree? Or will I still have all members within the tree?

Comments

• Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited June 2013
    I haven't tried it yet but I have heard from others that, yes, it will mess up your family tree. It only transfers relationships within the household that you move.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    pinkfairyqueenpinkfairyqueen Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2013
    so the new update made it so we could move town to town with our sims??? awesome!!! maybe this will help me from creating new sims every week. lol. :P
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited June 2013
    dark5id3 wrote:
    I haven't tried it yet but I have heard from others that, yes, it will mess up your family tree. It only transfers relationships within the household that you move.

She's right. it would be nice if the family trees would be kept intact. It could be done in TS2, albeit you destroyed both neighborhoods!
  • Options
    SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2013
    Dang, that sucks. I'm really starting to not like my town but I don't want to ruin the family tree.. Oh well.

Thanks guys.
  • Options
    LouisebkLouisebk Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    I have another question about the new update. Since i got the new patch (1.55), my sims won't go in to the bookstore. Has this happend to any of you? :(
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2013
    Louisebk wrote:
    I have another question about the new update. Since i got the new patch (1.55), my sims won't go in to the bookstore. Has this happend to any of you? :(

Do your sims have any special seeds in their inventory? (It affects the grocery store. It's feasible that it would affect the bookstore) Do you have any mods related to books that aren't updated for the patch?

I'm not for definate saying that either of those are the issue, but they might be.
  • Options
    moakley34moakley34 Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Yeah it will break your family tree
  • Options
    LouisebkLouisebk Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    Louisebk wrote:

Do your sims have any special seeds in their inventory? (It affects the grocery store. It's feasible that it would affect the bookstore) Do you have any mods related to books that aren't updated for the patch?

I'm not for definate saying that either of those are the issue, but they might be.

Thanks for answering. I don't have any mods realted to books, and I tried with a sim, that didn't have anything in her inventory, but it still didn't Work. They can go to the grovery store and any other rabbitholes, just not the bookstore. :(