The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News About Patch...Something weird

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I just did last night. I was going through the game updates here at the Sims website. And pretty much every single one happened on a Tuesday.

So if I would have to guess the patch be coming tomorrow. Because the following Tuesday the actually Island Paradise game comes out. This is just a guess and I just wanted to make sure people knew about this.

Sorry for wasting time if this was already common sense, I am still rather new to the Sims Community.

Comments

• Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, it is common knowledge. Sorry to disappoint you.

We thought it would be released last Tuesday, and there were quite a lot of threads about it too. We were all really excited! :lol:
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited June 2013

We thought it would be released last Tuesday, and there were quite a lot of threads about it too. We were all really excited! :lol:

Its fine it doesn't disappoint me. Like I said Im new to the sims community. But I was looking at some other threads about patches and no one seemed to noticed this. So maybe this might help some people who are really having PEPS about this EP like myself.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2013
    I was hoping for it last week, but it should come out tomorrow; that'll give the mod community a week to get things fixed (hopefully it doesn't break too many mods).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Doesn't hurt to point it out. I'm only vaguely familiar with patch release dates. I generally don't follow those too closely. I rely on TheSimsVIP, twitter and Nraas to keep me up to date.

Thanks for the info KyuWolf13 and welcome to The Sims Community!
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited June 2013
    not upset. i clean my apartment today so at least now i have something to look forward too.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    KyuWolf13 wrote:

Its fine it doesn't disappoint me. Like I said Im new to the sims community. But I was looking at some other threads about patches and no one seemed to noticed this. So maybe this might help some people who are really having PEPS about this EP like myself.

Well common knowledge for those in the know. :lol: It seems some people barely research the new EP they're about to buy. :shock: But you seem to follow the news. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am hoping for the patch today because my husband picked a bad time to go on vacation and it is the IP release week. I was hoping to at least mess with the patch before we leave.
  • Options
    jennthyajennthya Posts: 328 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am hoping for the patch today because my husband picked a bad time to go on vacation and it is the IP release week. I was hoping to at least mess with the patch before we leave.

Oh no! :shock: I wonder if I could enjoy my vacation if I knew I could be home playing IP? :? Your hubby is obviously not a simmer! :wink:

edit: whoa..it "****" because I wrote "v a c a" instead of vacation. Ack, abbreviations are bad words, guys! :shock:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jennthya wrote:

Oh no! :shock: I wonder if I could enjoy my vacation if I knew I could be home playing IP? :? Your hubby is obviously not a simmer! :wink:

edit: whoa..it "****" because I wrote "v a c a" instead of vacation. Ack, abbreviations are bad words, guys! :shock:

It's an offensive Spanish word according to urban dictionary, vacay ought to be fine.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,613 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well, I didn't really know about that (and, yeah, I've been around here for ages lol) - so, thanks KyuWolf :D

I hope it is tomorrow. My PEPS is so bad this time around, it would be nice to get a couple of new features to tide us over while we wait for the EP. Mind you, since I'm in the UK then I know I will get the patch before the EP anyway - even if EA don't release the patch until USA's IP release day it will give me 3/4 days before I get the game.
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited June 2013
    i never had peps til i joined the community. now i get it every time.
  • Options
    LunaDiemLunaDiem Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    "V A C A" means 'cow' in Spanish. Why would they filter that?
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2013
    I didn't know that :shock: :?: :shock: . Thanks for the info, OP! :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited June 2013
    its no problem. And this is actually my second EP after I joined the Sims Community. The first one was University life and I had peps really bad for that but didn't really keep up with the news. But this time around keeping up with the news is just making my PEPs even worst. I don't know if I want to be update about stuff.

And why would they filter that word? Huh very weird.

Don't worry Michellehilbrand. I wont be able to play IP until 5 days after it comes out. I have family coming up I only see once a year so I be really busy with them. So I am happy that the patch comes out, if it does, tomorrow because Wednesday they fly in. I don't really have anything to do between now and than. I don't feel like playing Sims with IP being so closed to release.

Haha and thanks xVee. I always loved the The Sims I actually have the very first sims game and still play it. So I always loved the game.
  • Options
    DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2013
    Uhh not to be a spoilsport or anything but the patches were being released on the day the game hit, until recently. Like only the last 2 packs recent.

So, for all we know it may not get released until the 25th, I hope not but it wouldnt surprise me.
    Theres quite a few threads going on in the various folders about this but still no "official" word yet.