Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I had a dream...or nightmare.... (Vampire discussion)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    :shock: NO! No Movie Pack talk!! I need premium content coffin beds, and SPs never include anything that expands gameplay or is PC-related! :cry:

(But yes, I am looking forward to the movie SP--it may be the first one I actually WILL purchase for TS3)

I have yet to purchase a stuff pack either. But if they put in nice things for my vamps I'll have to get this one. However, I agree that what we NEED are PC items, sets, venues and WORLDS! LOL
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited June 2013
    Love your first post, Murfeel. A cape would be cool, we got some nice men's outfits with Supernatural and a cape would just go perfect with that. And I love anything vampire related, love Underworld, Selene is just the coolest female vampire ever. I loved Frank Langella and Gary Oldman as Dracula, the best Dracula incarnations ever. Christopher Lee was a pretty awesome Dracula, although his Dracula was more about the gore and horror and less about the romantic. After playing Sims 3, I am less enamored with the appearance of TS2 sims, but the vampires were really awesome.

A New Orleans themed world would be really awesome, I was really fond of the magical town in Makin Magic. I miss the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match maker and the stand where your sim could buy gumbo (or was it ghoulash? I cant quite remember).
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2013
    kmsim15 wrote:
    Love your first post, Murfeel. A cape would be cool, we got some nice men's outfits with Supernatural and a cape would just go perfect with that. And I love anything vampire related, love Underworld, Selene is just the coolest female vampire ever. I loved Frank Langella and Gary Oldman as Dracula, the best Dracula incarnations ever. Christopher Lee was a pretty awesome Dracula, although his Dracula was more about the gore and horror and less about the romantic. After playing Sims 3, I am less enamored with the appearance of TS2 sims, but the vampires were really awesome.

A New Orleans themed world would be really awesome, I was really fond of the magical town in Makin Magic. I miss the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match maker and the stand where your sim could buy gumbo (or was it ghoulash? I cant quite remember).

Gumbo was in TS2's culinary path. I don't remember TS1's.
    And so true about Christopher Lee--that man's always been frikkin creepy. :oops:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    As to the plasma fruit... you have to just buy some from the store and then be gardening level 7 (I think) and then you just click on the plasma fruit in your inventory and it'll give you the option to plant one or pant many.

A-HA!!! Thanks so much for that tip! :mrgreen:
    murfeel wrote:
    Speaking of...
    What was that film where he played a vampire who woke up in the 70s or whatever? I heard it wasn't all that good. Though I bet he was fantastic as a vampire.

Johnny Depp? Are you talking about Dark Shadows?

220px-Dark_Shadows_2012_Poster.jpg

I thought it was okay. More comedy than anything. Give it a shot if you haven't seen it.

THAT's the one!

Oh my g--wait....oh no!

FANGIRLING!!!! :XD:

I think Cinderelli's gif sums it up quite nicely.

(Is that Pam from True Blood I see?)

• Options
    edited June 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I have yet to read the entirety of this thread but THIS ^^ is all I need! SERIOUSLY EA whatever HAPPENED to the "more intriguing" vampires you promised us????

Yeah, I was expecting A LOT more from SN with regards to vamps.
    AmaraRena wrote:
    WHY on earth do our vampires suffer from an insane pathological need to confess to being vampires? And WHY would they apologize for it?

Cuz they feel guilty? I would, too, if I was a vampire worth my fangs and found myself suddenly downgraded from TS2 classic vamp goodness to glittering in the sun and floating from my altar with not one stitch of Grandly Gothic clothing, chasing skirts at the local club instead of battling vampire hunters in the back alleys of some fabulous creepy haunted voodoo world. :?
  • Options
    MurglemurgleMurglemurgle Posts: 245 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

I always thought that Al Lewis was an incredible vampire <3 (wish he was my granpa x.x ) .. but also loved Herman and Lily, the whole family. In fact having a vampire called Yvonne deCarlo would be awesome :P :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K4AFmijybs <-it's the munsters theme with lyrics.

And I do want more vampire stuff and.. the second empire style roof.. when I watched the seasons trailer and they showed the spooky house I thought that we were finally going to get that, but nothing.. I'm very sad :'( .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I have yet to read the entirety of this thread but THIS ^^ is all I need! SERIOUSLY EA whatever HAPPENED to the "more intriguing" vampires you promised us????

Yeah, I was expecting A LOT more from SN with regards to vamps.
    AmaraRena wrote:
    WHY on earth do our vampires suffer from an insane pathological need to confess to being vampires? And WHY would they apologize for it?

Cuz they feel guilty? I would, too, if I was a vampire worth my fangs and found myself suddenly downgraded from TS2 classic vamp goodness to glittering in the sun and floating from my altar with not one stitch of Grandly Gothic clothing, chasing skirts at the local club instead of battling vampire hunters in the back alleys of some fabulous creepy haunted voodoo world. :?

SIGH. You have a point there. Sharp as a stake I might add. :cry:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    [

220px-Dark_Shadows_2012_Poster.jpg

I thought it was okay. More comedy than anything. Give it a shot if you haven't seen it.

(Is that Pam from True Blood I see?)

[/quote]

Nope. But the movie is really funny in a very campy, over the top way... rather like the original series... which I remember watching as a very small child. Yeah, I'm old. Shaddup. LOL

As an aside.... I LOVE Pam from True Blood! She rocks!
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2013
    What an amazing dream! I haven't had sims dreams in such a long time - they were usually about upcoming games and when I'd install them they wouldn't work or the sims were just stick people :lol:

On topic they could create a set like this to flesh out the much loved Gothique Set.
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    ChainzzChainzz Posts: 207 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow :shock: great pictures,now i would love something like that in the game. Especially Coffins to sleep in ,we really need more stuff for our Vampires.I love playing them in the game, but yes they need to be a LOT better. I agree with what has been said on this thread,and i really hope something will be done, to make the Vampires more interesting.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Nope. But the movie is really funny in a very campy, over the top way... rather like the original series... which I remember watching as a very small child. Yeah, I'm old. Shaddup. LOL

But back then did they know that it was campy?

I remember it too.....and I wasn't quite what you would call a small child.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    But back then did they know that it was campy?

In the back of their minds? Probably. :lol:
    AmaraRena wrote:

I KNOW, RIGHT!? I loved her from her very first appearance--she reminds me of Angelina Jolie 10 years from now, sometimes. She's just got SO Much attitude. She could have made an excellent Catwoman.
    AmaraRena wrote:
    SIGH. You have a point there. Sharp as a stake I might add. :cry:

PFFT! :lol:
    I would like it if vamps/weres were more predatory, and that even if they couldn't be staked or drink a sim dry/to death at least make them a bit more menacing. MY sim can stay in a room with a vamp with the Hunted moodlet all daggone day and never be approached. They just don't MATTER. :( I know it's probably too late in the game to improve their mechanics, but at least we can improve their coven houses, right?

WRONG, EA's probably saying RIGHT NOW, lurking this thread. :lol:
    They showed the spooky house I thought that we were finally going to get that, but nothing. I'm very sad :'( .

ME TOO! :lol: I thought we would at least getting a Haunted House of Horrors or Curios Shoppe community lot type to replace/improve the art gallery/consignment store.

And I still would LOVE a Creepy Vista as the opposite of the Beautiful Vista. So graveyards and the Goth houses and such can be scary places to visit, especially for cowardly sims. I BET it would keep the paparazzi and burglars away better! :lol:
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    *HIGH FIVES* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dipalidipali Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2013
    What ticks me off the most about the vampires is that they have to be FRIENDS (or at least know somewhat on a friendly level, I guess?) with another sim before they can feed from them!?!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!?! Man, I'd love to play vampire sims in my game, but I refuse to because of that. It's like...Nooooooo, vampires bite you, you cant stop them if they want to do it, they're VAMPIRES!*LOL* What's the sense of the 'hunted' moodlet in Supernatura for a sim to have, if the vampire has to stop and chat them up some for a while anyways, before being able to bite them???

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Also...The vampire blood fruit thing. How the hell do you plant it? Or is there a seed you can find for it? I've got gardner sims that have maxed out their gardening skill and I cant seem to plant the darn thing?

I dicscoverd that if you have the master of seduction reward you can feed from strangers because the interaction is seen by the game as romantic :D thaught to let you know...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dipali wrote:
    I dicscoverd that if you have the master of seduction reward you can feed from strangers because the interaction is seen by the game as romantic :D thaught to let you know...

Oh THAT'S what that thing was all about? :shock: I never used it; I thought it was something like that annoying Attractive/Eye Candy reward, when every sim loves you; even the ones I want them to be enemies with.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    dipali wrote:

Oh THAT'S what that thing was all about? :shock: I never used it; I thought it was something like that annoying Attractive/Eye Candy reward, when every sim loves you; even the ones I want them to be enemies with.

Yep. It's one of the first things I give my vampires. I pretend it's a vampiric glamour.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    They won't sparkle, will they? :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Before I forget--I added this old post i made to page 1
    murfeel wrote:
    amjoie wrote:
    Creepy won't do it for me. SN has enough creepy things, already and Twinbrooks is already the flavor of that area.

Creepy as in a voodoo/wiccan addition to More Magic, with ouija boards and ancestor urns and rune stones and tarot cards and the Rod and Sword and Chalice and Pentacle, and gris-gris and ju-ju like Hands of Glory and shrunken heads or heads/hands/eyes in jars, and snake oil displays and ornate goblets/glasses of "plasma" and bottles of rum for spitting through your teeth at the creepy altar statuettes? Creepy as in piles of black chicken feathers and chicken feet creepy enough to have Charles the Evil Chicken gobble-gobbling in fear? Creepy as in Day of the Dead/Cinco de Mayo decor? Creepy as in items to set the mood for les mysteres, like dripping wax candles and grinning skull decor and festooning cobwebs we could dangle everywhere and boarded busted windows and tattered sheer curtains and motheaten heavy brocade and upholstery and sheets over all the furniture and heavy gothic carvings and more gargoyles on the columns and bedposts and banisters and doorjambs? Creepy as in more dead plants/trees in build/buy mode? Creepy as in finally having lots that can have a Creepy Vista buff instead of a Beautiful one? Creepy as in a playable Haunted House of Horrors venue (sans lame rabbitholes)? Creepy as in a return of the old favorites from Nightlife and Apartment Life, like the NL grand vamp clothes and the good/evil witch items & props in AL? Creepy as in a vampire coffin PC bed that could even have a 50% chance of making your sim a vamp if you have LN/SN installed? ;) :twisted: Creepy!?!

SN and Twinbrook are frikkin TAME, if all that's NOT what you mean by creepy. :XD:

Bring it on, EA. Creepy haunted voodoo New Orleans. :thumbup: Anne-Rice-Has-Dracula-Over-For-Dinner style FTW. BRING IT. :twisted:

Considering we got NOTHING for Halloween last year I'm THIRSTING for some creepy stuff. :twisted:

And YES I'm editting this post a lot! Lmao.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Old Swamp idea http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/568063.page
    murfeel wrote:
    Creepy haunted voodoo-and-vampires New Orleans (aka Old Town/Makin Magic's Gothique Quarter), EA, or I'm NEVER talking to you AGAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNN~!!!!!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686108.page

MUST HAVES, please:
    -Wrought/Cast iron fences, columns, railings; the works.
    -Maybe some Mansard roofs? Maybe a Grand staircase?
    -Voodoo references, like an extension of the more Magic, so our occultist sims can have some traitional decor like zodiac/palmistry/psychic reader wall art and store signs. Gris-gris like decor skulls and shrunken llama heads, lol. A new cemetery lot with NOLA-style crypts as new grave decor; look to NOLA's Saint Louis Cemetery #1, where the voodoo queen Marie Laveau was buried. Name it the Cemeterie Les Innocents, maybe, lol.
    -A voodoo outfit and hair, like Marie's. http://www.mysticvoodoo.com/images/marie.jpg http://media.nola.com/175years/photo/marie-laveaujpg-70d14c5130603074.jpg
    A simmified wall art tribute, even http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qM3DXH9_9v0/UbCtlQS1qCI/AAAAAAAAX6E/ijcaeB0HKhY/s320/MARIE-LAVEAU.jpg
    -Stuff for a Gothique Coven House: Blood BATH. ;) Hell's KITCHEN. ;) Dracula's CRYPT (aka bedroom). COFFINS, EA. COFFINS. And I don't mean more decor ones; I mean a new PC bed sims can sleep in--a return of the TS2 NL coffin! :twisted:
    -Proper Vampire accoutrements. A return of the TS2 NL Grand vamp tux and dress http://www.freewebs.com/freesims2stuff/Vamps.PNG and that hair the grand vampiress had. http://images.wikia.com/sims/images/b/b8/GVampiress_1.png
    -Signs of Dilapidation -- what happened to the broken down ragtag stuff we were supposed to get in SN? Like broken/boarded up windows and ricketty fences and tattered curtains and motheaten upholstery?

Also, can we please have
    -A fix for the plasma fruit so we have an auto soil in buydebug?
    -were the LN will o' wisps fixed yet?
    -southern dishes like dirty rice and gumbo and jambalaya?
    -fountains where we can change the water color, the way we can change them in hottubs. Cuz I want a bloody fountain, I kid you not. :twisted:

Seances and spells!
    Grunge and Gothique!
    Gargoyles and Grim reapers!
    Ghosts and Graves!
    Vamps and voodoo!
    Mystery and magic!

I can't possibly be the only one not wanting a fullblown Halloween inspired extravaganza~!! :twisted:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/686968.page#10957967
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2013
    I sometimes despair for more "vamp-like" interactions. It seems that EA is bent upon making the game more and more child friendly.

Case in point...from the list for the new patch....
    The Murphy Bed has been made less lethal.

I'd like to add....so far I've never had a Murphy bed death. If they keep it up Sims will die from old age...period!!

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright