Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @jazen Thank you for keeping us all updated <3 I'm sure the others appreciate it, too. I thought it was odd that she'd been gone for so long, but I had no idea that's what happened. I'm sending warm thoughts her way!

I hate writing comments on my phone, too ^^ It's not just the comments, either, it's having to varify that you're not a robot or whatever the blogger might want from you. It's just a lot easier if I don't have to do it on my phone ^^ Thanks for catching up! Take your time :)

@Vuneca How long will you need to shadow for? :)

@Everyone As of yesterday, I'm a published writer <3 It's been a really awesome day, and the rest of the week promises to be just as exciting! I don't know how much writing I'll get done between the celebrations, but I'd really like to start Luca's generation, and Gary's story still needs to be plotted..

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    @MischiefTheKitten Congrats again on the book release! So excited for you! I have no idea. Probably awhile since I have had to call out nearly every day due to various sicknesses and injuries with the kids. If I didn't know better I'd swear they were trying to ruin this for me on purpose.

@jazen thanks for letting us know about @Piazzagirl1015 ! I really hope she's ok and I hope we hear from her soon. Please keep us updated if she reaches out to you again :-(

@Piazzagirl1015 we're thinking of you! I hope you heal quickly and you get a break. I know it's been a rough year for you so far. <3<3<3
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Wow, lots of news to catch up on! And such a mix of happy and sad...

@Vuneca Congrats on your new job! :) It's great that you've found one that fits your life so perfectly. My sister is also a vet tech and has had a hard time finding a place she is happy working.

@french_vanilla13 I'm so sorry to hear that your divorce is happening with such conflict. It's tragic that you must have lost so much to it. :( You have my condolences.

@jazen Looking forward to Matt's story continuing, but take all the time you need to get it ready. :) Adding my well-wishing to everyone else's for @Piazzagirl1015. I hope she recovers and is okay!

@MischiefTheKitten Congratulations on becoming a published author! :) That's a pretty awesome achievement.

@all I have a bit of news myself. I got accepted for an internship-like summer research program for community college students at a fairly prestigious university, which starts in a few weeks. It's an incredible opportunity and I'm really excited about it! Although also nervous... :) Fortunately, it shouldn't disrupt my simming much, if at all. With the gift exchange winding down in another week or so, I'm looking forward to getting back to my challenge!
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @Everyone I'll be sure to keep you all updated on @Piazzagirl1015 as I get more information.

@MischiefTheKitten I bought my copy as a show of support. :) I remember what release week felt like. Exciting and scary all at the same time. Congrats again.

@Vuneca aww sorry your kids are all getting sick right as you got your job. :( Hopefully they will all get better soon.

@KaytayRoall congrats on the internship!!! How exciting. My daughter is starting her internship next week. She needs it for her major so she can graduate next May.

Today is the last day of school for my boys. Summer is about to kick in for me.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    @Vuneca Thank you! It's been a really great week so far - and that I've got it booked off work doesn't hurt either ^^ That's bad timing with your kids getting sick right as you start your new job :/ Maybe they'll get it out of their systems now and then be healthy the rest of the year?

@KaytayRoall Congrats on the internship! That sounds really exciting, it's great that you've got an opportunity like that. All the best for it!!
    Thank you <3

@jazen Goodness, thank you! <3 I hope you enjoy it :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    @MischiefTheKitten Thank you, something new is what I'm looking for. I'm just waiting until I move and get settled before I start on anything else new right now. Just trying to get this all sorted out. I leave in 9 weeks and 2 days so I'm looking forward to it actually.
    Also, congrats on being a published author! I meant to tell you this sooner, but I've not had much time plus I was sick this weekend.

@jazen @Vuneca @KaytayRoall Thank you, I have a pretty decent support group. My family is being supportive. I have a couple of really close friends who are helpful as well. I'm looking forward to leaving. Honestly, I'm not too worried about it. It's an old laptop and some files, all of which can be replaced and hardly worth a fight. I at least have back ups of the stories, I just don't have back ups of the saves. So if I decide to revive them, I could do so, I would just have to spend a lot of time trying to recreate them and they would probably look a little off.

@jazen I hope @Piazzagirl1015 is doing well and gets out soon.
    polariod_1

• Options
    "Chirp. Chirp" says the cricket

What's going on everyone? Busy for the holiday weekend?
  • Options
    @Vuneca I went out to see xmen and alice this weekend and then me and my friend went driving around Oklahoma for no reason other than we could. What about you?
    polariod_1

• Options
    @Vuneca Not busy, but lazy ^^ We've had three very nice days off together, and I've had the whole week off so I'm ready to get back to writing tomorrow :) No news yet on Luca or Gary, but Luca at least is plotted and Gary is getting there as well :) I've been more focused on finishing 7Fates and the current gen in my rainbowcy. How about you? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    @french_vanilla13 hoping your enjoying our fair state. Stay weather aware always.
  • Options
    @french_vanilla13 We JUST got back from seeing X-men! I am hoping to see Alice while it's in the theater but date nights are few and far between. Other than that I have been busy studying and what not.

@DebraF63 I was in OK a couple of months ago. Way too hot there for me in the summer but so big and wide open

@MischiefTheKitten I've seen that you have been posting more on 7 fates. I have it pulled up to catch up but keep getting distracted. I hope you enjoyed your lazy days hanging out! I was trying to get myself motivated to write something today but I may just play for fun in TS4 instead.....
  • Options
    howdy. Well summer is in full swing here for me. The boys are home, I'm working, and trying to help The Girl get things lined up for her upcoming move. She's moving out of her on campus apartment/dorm to an off campus apartment since the college raised the rent again. :(

I have gotten some writing done for my legacy, 2.5 chapters written, one has shots so I'm slowly working through getting them all done so I can get it done and bury you all in updates. LOL :)

So far I've not heard back from @Piazzagirl1015 :( I'm hoping she contacts me back soon so I can update you all.

@MischiefTheKitten I'm waiting til you get 7Fates finished before I read. I hate the cliffhangers on that story. LOL (in a good way).

• Options
    @Vuneca Nothing wrong with playing just for fun ^^ I have a couple of saves for that, but usually the story saves win :P

@jazen No worries ^^ I'll be done with it this week Friday, so you won't have much longer left to wait :) I'm so excited to be done with it so soon! It's gone on for way too long! :P

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    @Everyone I got an email from @Piazzagirl1015 yesterday. She's starting to feel better, but has to go through physical therapy 5 times a week. :( From the tone of her email, it sounds like she's having issues with her hand which kept her from being able to use the computer. Don't have many more details than that. She did say she's missing everything, so hopefully she'll feel up to popping in to say hello soon.

@MischiefTheKitten yay for finishing the story soon. It's always a bittersweet moment when that happens.

• Options
    @DebraF63 I've been here for two years now, I can't wait to leave to be honest. So far, Oklahoma is my least favorite state. I simply don't fit here.

@Vuneca Oklahoma is definitely hot and humid, I don't mind the heat, it's the humidity that sucks to be honest.
    As for X-Men, it was a pretty good movie but it kind of feels like they're over killing the whole X-Men thing. Alice was good, but the plot needed some work in my opinion. It wasn't a date night for me, I just wanted to do something besides sit at home.

@jazen it sounds like @Piazzagirl1015 has a lot going on, I hope that things get better soon for her. Missed seeing her in the forums.

@MischiefTheKitten I've seen the updates, I'm going to get to them, I promise...probably in about 2 months when I'm living in Phoenix and in between jobs.
    polariod_1

• Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Everyone

I want to thank everyone for the get well wishes :) I also want to thank @Jazen for letting everyone know what happened. I've been home from the hospital almost 2 weeks now and I'm in physical therapy but I'm getting better and better each and every day. My car was hit by a truck on the expressway on the drivers side of the car and I had neck, back and shoulder injuries. I'll be home from work for at least the month of June. I did miss everyone in the GS community and I plan to get caught up on all the updates I missed. I'm not sure when I will be updating my story again but I have been thinking about the characters and the story so I will be getting back to them as soon as I am able to.

@Vuneca Congratulations on the new job! I wish you the best of luck with it :)

@french_vanilla13 I'm so sorry to hear about the divorce as I know from my own experience that can be very difficult. I wish you the best in your new home and I wish you the best for your future.

@MischiefTheKitten Congratulations on the release of the book and becoming a published writer :) I'll be catching up on your updates this weekend or next week.

• Options
    @jazen 7Fates is now officially over ^^ It really shouldn't have taken this long, but there ya go :P

@french_vanilla13 no rush! You've had so much to think about and worry about, just take your time :)

@Piazzagirl1015 PG!!! It's so good to see you! <3 How are you doing? It's good to know that you're back home, I'm relieved that it wasn't more serious than that. I hope we can help your recovery a little, or at least entertain you while you're stuck at home :) A speedy recovery to you!

@Everyone Still no new updates :/ I've finished my short story 7Fates today, and I've finished the current generation in my rainbowcy so I've got an heir vote to set up for next week :) Now that all that's done I'm hoping to get some playing done for Luca this weekend :)

How is everyone else doing? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 it's so good to hear from you, I'm glad that you're doing better. I'm with @MischiefTheKitten I'm glad that it wasn't any worse than that. That just sounds like a terrible experience. I'd like to say that I have updates for you to get caught up on, but sadly, my files are all gone. I'm working on a new novel though.

The divorce....I wish it was mutual. It's grown very complicated. Very complicated.

@MischiefTheKitten I started playing yesterday actually before I fell asleep. I may just start out with a simple challenge instead of a full blown one, just something fun to take my mind off of things.
    polariod_1

• Options
    @french_vanilla13 That sounds like a great idea <3 Playing just for fun is a great way to relax, I hope you enjoy it and can forget about your stress for a bit :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    SOnet104SOnet104 Posts: 487 Member
    Wow. After almost 2 years in Peru I have a lot of reading to catch up with. I will also be continuing my story as I have the save on a old PC. Nice to be home again :)

Can't wait to read what you all have been up too.
    325-sometme-she-would-stay-at-cstore-reading2.jpg?w=321
  • Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!!! I hope you all had a great week and that you have some fun activities planned for the weekend. I have to work today :( and before that I'm giving my aunt's daughter a driving lesson. She's the last of the triplets to get her license (20) but my aunt is tired of driving her around. LOL I offered to help give the lessons because T got nervous when her mom was in the car. The big event (for me anyway) is Sunday since it's my birthday!!! I claim it as my own personal holiday. LOL

@Piazzagirl1015 so glad you were able to check in. :) I'm wishing you a speedy recovery.

@MischiefTheKitten I am all caught up on your stories. :)

:-O is that @SOnet104 !!!! Welcome back! You have been missed. I hope your travels were exciting. So happy to hear you are coming back to the thread.

• Options
    WELCOME BACK @SOnet104 !!! How was Peru? You still have your old save file? That's amazing! Catch us up on how you've been :-D

@Piazzagirl1015 Wow, that sounds rough. How are you feeling about your recovery? Do you know yet if there will be any lasting effects from the injuries? What was that truck driver thinking!! Grr! It's nice to see you pop in though. Please keep us updated. The forum is not the same without you.

@jazen Happy almost birthday!! I hope you have something special planned for your personal holiday.

Everyone- I am starting to settle into a routine and figuring out how to do everything that needs to be done with my new schedule. I am LOVING work. It's equal parts cuddling cute pups and kittehs and cleaning....with a lot of poop in between :D Hubby surprised me with a copy of Dine Out and I will post my opinions about it later if anyone wants to read it
  • Options
    New content and Dining out:

06-10-16_4-29-21nbspPM_zpsnpojehvo.png
    This is Raelynn. She wants to be a top chef, she enjoys cooking shows, and her favorite adult beverage is Soft Shadow Avornalino

06-10-16_4-30-13nbspPM_zpsfwijhgat.png
    This is the house I built for her using premade rooms that I tweaked. Watch out for that wishing well! My sims died for laughter the first time I used it and had to reload the game!

06-10-16_4-45-27nbspPM_zpsqhlhu6ui.png
    It's not a drinking problem when it's part of your job right? right?

06-10-16_4-56-38nbspPM_zpsjrp1jviv.png
    06-10-16_4-58-37nbspPM_zps1zcnz3oc.png
    This is Sergio, her BFF. She's also madly in love with him but he is happily engaged to a beautiful lady. Raelynn likes the cute, nice guy types if anyone wants to make her a potential mate.....
    They went out to Hogan's Burger bar. It's the cheapest pre made place I think. The sims had a designated table. They can get up, walk around, talk to other customers, but always come back to their table. No one else comes to sit with them that is not part of their party. Clicking on the table brings up options to order, give up table, pay and leave, sit together, etc. You can only order 1 beverage and 1 food item per sim per order but you can order as many times as you want, they just won't bring out your other orders if your previous one is still on the table. Service is relatively quick. The servers don't wander off and forget you.

06-10-16_4-57-20nbspPM_zpsgh2x5vnk.png
    you can even watch the cook prepare your food

06-10-16_5-03-20nbspPM_zpszazabypy.png
    06-10-16_5-09-36nbspPM_zpssio7hyyx.png
    For dinner she wanted to go someplace fancier and invited Clara our to Chez Llama. This is the place to go if you want your sim to try the new "experimental" foods or sit at the fancy bar. (they have to eat them at a restaurant BEFORE they can try making them at home.)

63182077-7562-4002-8dac-20e814215d62_zpsnfaapudt.png
    When you order you get this kind of menu. You select drinks and food for each person in your party. The gold medallion signifies chef's choice. You get moodlets for the food, drinks, atmosphere. It's pretty neat. They all offer appetizers, entrees, and desserts but you have to order them in turn. For example, we ordered a drink and appetizer. When that was done and waiting to be cleared, we ordered another drink and the entree.

5e653b38-d1b3-40b7-9c52-5d20b78a7947_zpssffueis6.png
    When the experimental food comes, you can take a picture of it, share on simstagram, and eat it to learn about it. After you take the pic, a print will show up in your inv that you can hang on the wall or sell. They're pretty big.

06-10-16_5-07-43nbspPM_zpsz5b7xsej.png
    Honeyed World Fruit Charcuture

06-10-16_5-10-42nbspPM_zpsbzlv3kmi.png
    Cubed Ahi w/ Veggie Wasabi Matrix

06-10-16_5-12-50nbspPM_zps5iefwclx.png
    Vanilla Sea Shells & Chocolate Caviar

06-10-16_5-13-39nbspPM_zpslipgdtyy.png
    Dining out is a lot of fun. It honestly works better than I had imagined it would and Rae goes out A LOT. Poor girl, Sergio is always calling and asking her out to breakfast. (she went up several dress sizes in the few hours I played the game) It is very time consuming though. This adventure took 20 sim hours from calling Sergio to getting back home. Poor Clara didn't have the constitution to keep up with Raelynn.
    EA provides several premade places and of course there are a million on the exchange by now. So far I really like it!

Bonus:

I caught this guy hitting the wine pretty hard behind the wait station..
    06-10-16_5-05-52nbspPM_zpsxou0hdsp.png
    06-10-16_5-05-58nbspPM_zpsc6tmbht6.png

• Options
    carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi all!
    I'm sorry I've been away for so long. I get stressed easily and I've been contemplating going back to school. (No jobs in my field and my current one isn't life sustainable. Still living with my parents here)
    Good news is I'm going to try Going Solo tomorrow and see my beloved Phams again. I just hope Sims 3 doesn't lag on me like it likes to do. :/
    I also recreated Quintalyn for the Sims 4 if anyone wants to play with her. She has CC so I'd check that box before looking for her.

In the meantime, Enjoy this pic of Quin with her butt on fire
    tumblr_inline_n4ewk7shDf1r1cgut.jpg
  • Options
    @SOnet104 Welcome back! That's a lot of reading you've got ahead of you, good luck with the catch-up :)

@Vuneca The expansion looks amazing!! I'm going to get it later, and your pictures have made me quite impatient :D It's been a while since I've been looking forward to an expansion ^^
    I'm glad to hear your job is going well and you're enjoying it so much! ^-^

@carlimact Welcome back! :) Awesome, I'll have to see if I can find her later. I definitely wouldn't say no to Quin in my game :)

@Everyone Still no update for Luca or Gary, but I'm getting there, I swear :D Do any of you have trouble with the smiley on this page? They try to force themselves into every spot, and I keep having to go back and delete stuff because I can't get the pop-up window to go away and pressing enter inserts a smiley -.- I had to delete 7 before sending this post!

~MischiefTheKitten

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top