Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with exhchange and CUSTARD questions

Well, I know a lot of you are great with the help, and I think it's probably easier if I expaline the issue I've been having for awhile (since the April Maintenance). For this I used something from my own studio, something that I and a few others had checked previously on CUSTARD and it came out fine. Here

When I save to my game I get this message when I check CUSTARD (edited to change, wording to avoid confusion: This is from the "Add to Game" option and saves in the downloads folder. You can see the filepath at the bottom of the picture)

CK9RbPU.png

When I do a "Save to file" (I saved it to desktop) I get this when I check

P0kexSA.png

I have obtained this message from a few others that I know are careful and some that don't even use CC. It seems like the most common denominator seems to be is the that they have a recolour or a pattern or both.

I do tend to use Firefox and not sure if that is indeed a factor. I have used IE 10 and obtained similar results. I really hope someone can help me figure out what is going on and why I keep seeing this on so many things where in the past I did not. I've been trying about everything...I've been having a good share of game issues in the past couple of months and trying as I might to fix them. Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited June 2013
    Nice catch. All of us tech responders are actually aware of this issue and it has been reported to EA. For now, use the Install to Game option instead of the Save File option. Happy simming!
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    I guess that is what I'm trying to say, the first option is for the "Install to Game option". Funny thing, I get more info about the download from the "Save as File" option (second picture) even though it shows both lines as being corrupt. :evil:

Does everyone come up with the same results or is it certain users as well? Is there something truly wrong with my uploads (and others) and do I need to take them down or is it more a need to fix on EA's part? (I kind of suspect the latter).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. I was only referring to the fact that the Install to game has one file. The Save File adds a png file when it should not. That is the issue that has been reported to EA. Are you saying the file should not be corrupt? That is something different entirely. That would be a Custard issue if so.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:
    Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. I was only referring to the fact that the Install to game has one file. The Save File adds a png file when it should not. That is the issue that has been reported to EA. Are you saying the file should not be corrupt? That is something different entirely. That would be a Custard issue if so.

Um, yeah, these are both the same files (they are of the file that it is linked to). Thank you for the info about getting the png file from the save as, for some reason I thought it used to come in both files but then again I could be wrong. This is my own files and was checked at least 2x prior to upload via CUSTARD and came out clean. I then would test my own studio every so often (more OCD). But since Maintenance in April 2013, I've had a huge portion of previously "non-corrupt" items turn "Corrupt not a DBPF" where they did not in the past. I did not change the program, it's the same as before...my computer is the same.

So while it is a CUSTARD issues something changed and hoping someone knows about this...and it seems the files that have turned "corrupt" that were not previously are those that contain patterns or recolours and/or both. The CC does not seem to matter it's more the patterns (CAP).

So why now is it corrupt when they were not before? CUSTARD is the one reliable tool that we have to help determine what is good and not. Because I was encountering so many errors, I let in some bad CC when I should not. I'm kind of curious if I something needs updated (though I've tried about everything)...or if EA is aware of this. I've heard other people talk about this too.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok, I understand you now. Unfortunately, Custard has not been updated since 27th Sep 2010. It's entirely possible something has changed that Custard is not picking up on. That would be unfortunate for us users, cause as you say, it's the only tool we have for this purpose for sims3pack files. Please let me know here in this forum if you find anything further out. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:
    Ok, I understand you now. Unfortunately, Custard has not been updated since 27th Sep 2010. It's entirely possible something has changed that Custard is not picking up on. That would be unfortunate for us users, cause as you say, it's the only tool we have for this purpose for sims3pack files. Please let me know here in this forum if you find anything further out. Thanks!

It could be, but I'm not sure. July 2012 had a situation very similar to this. Not sure what changed but the problem got fixed. Then we had a huge maintenance in April, and that is when everything went sideways for me.

Well, I'm still looking as it seems that it's only recent that things change and hard to figure it out...this was once person's guess at MTS:
    tangie0906 wrote:
    25th May 2013, 10:14 PM
    I'm still getting the "corrupt contains another DBPF - This package contains another package inside it" message on every lot I create and still have no idea what this means (as shown in one of the screenshots I posted on the previous page). Does anyone know?

They don't appear to have any sort of CC on them at all but I sure would like to know what causes this. I have a lot of EA Store content and my suspicion is that this is what is causing this but I sure would like to know for sure.

Edit: I just created a house with EA Store content and got the above message when I opened it in Custard. I then switched my game to a TS3 folder that has no Store content installed at all and created another S3P of the house. This version does NOT get the "corrupt contains another DBPF - This package contains another package inside it" message, which indicates to me that this IS being causes by Store content and is not CC or anything to be concerned about. Yay! :D

I do tend to use a lot of store content, and well, I've been having a LOT of issues with content staying installed(I mean huge Incredible Hulk rage level issues that leave me near frothing at the mouth like Old Yeller). Maybe it is due to "older" versions of store content and somehow it's not getting updated in the exchange when you download. I'm not sure but hoping maybe somebody know or let others know.

I'm ever the optimistic one and hope that it gets fixed at some point.