Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My thoughts on age transitions...

I haven't seen any threads so far regarding aging in TS4 yet but here are my thoughts: so far aging has greatly improved since the beginning of the sims but I still think we are lacking a few developmental steps. These are my life stages ideas. I know most are unlikely to be added but feel free to add your own ideas!

Infant: (RL age, birth -1 year old) this stage is the same as we have now, but I really hope to see more infancy interactions so they are more than just bundles of blanket that everyone is excited to be rid of.

Toddler: (RL age 1-4)

Pre-Schooler: (RL age 4-6) does anyone else find it strange that we go straight from a crawling, cooing toddler straight to a kid who can ride a bike and go to school? This would be a great transition where you can have the option to enrol them in kindergarten for half the day... Hair gets longer and they have more abilities and social interactions but are still cute and playful and childish, throwing tantrums, learning to read, things like that.

Child: (RL age 6-11)

Pre-Teen: (RL age 11-15) another transition I really hope to see. Kids now go to middle school and really dive into their social lives. Sims would be going through their "awkward" stage, getting pimples, maybe even braces! I think it would be cute if they can begin having romantic relationships here also limited to "hold hands" and "kiss on cheek". They're only in middle school after all ;)

Teen: (RL age 15-18 ) same as now but with more! Please! Teens go to high school and relationships are everything! Mood swings, crushes, rebellion, learning to drive, part time jobs (more! waiting tables, pizza delivery, candy stripers, etc) Non-rabbit hole sporting events, you get the idea lol

Young Adult: (RL age 18-30)

Adult: ( RL age 30-45)

Senior: (RL age 45-65) not really sure what we'd call this life stage but I need a transition from adult to elder! Hair starts to grey, lose muscle definition, get more wrinkles, but they aren't quite knocking on the grim reapers door yet! Still active and social, it would make the jump to elder easier. I don't think I'm the only one who has a hard time playing elders, they just seem so limited.

Elder: (RL age 65-??) and now we can be little ol'grannies and granpas! Same as usual but we really need to think of new ways to make this life stage more interesting!

Anyway, these are just my thoughts. Anyone have anymore ideas? :)

Comments

• Options
    biggerthanlife11biggerthanlife11 Posts: 342 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Pre-Teen: (RL age 11-15) another transition I really hope to see. Kids now go to middle school and really dive into their social lives. Sims would be going through their "awkward" stage, getting pimples, maybe even braces! I think it would be cute if they can begin having romantic relationships here also limited to "hold hands" and "kiss on cheek". They're only in middle school after all

This I love!

There should be a pre-teen stage, and also different schools!, elementary for kids grades 1-5, middle school grades 6-8, and high school grades 9-12. It would make the game more fun because you would have more variety of friends in your age group. I just loved everything you said! Mind if I copy it and put it in my petition? I will give you cred!

I love having a closer relationship with my sims and its kinda cool when they experience what we have experienced in life!
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2013
    10 age stages are just too much for me, just had to let that out right now.
    Especially another adult-like age stage. I barely get through a life stage now.
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    edited June 2013
    Mind if I copy it and put it in my petition? I will give you cred!

Of course! I also think separate schools would be so fun! Everyone wants TS4 to be more realistic but we're getting too distracted by little details - it's the big picture- how they live. ;)
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    10 age stages are just too much for me, just had to let that out right now.
    Especially another adult-like age stage. I barely get through a life stage now.

Lol, I understand! I was wondering how we could more seamlessly transition this.. maybe each life stage doesn't have to be marked by a birthday rather just the sim wakes up one morning (at a specific point in the life stage so we aren't caught off guard!) with grey hair and defined wrinkles? Sort of like a mood swing teenagers have but affecting their appearance permanently.
  • Options
    biggerthanlife11biggerthanlife11 Posts: 342 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Mind if I copy it and put it in my petition? I will give you cred!

Of course! I also think separate schools would be so fun! Everyone wants TS4 to be more realistic but we're getting too distracted by little details - it's the big picture- how they live. ;)

Yes! I really want a realistic game (not in animation, but what makes the game a life-simulating game)I like seeing how my Sims grow up to what I want them to be and experience the little things in life that make a big difference later, like you said with a little kiss on the cheek! It will most likely raise the audience because the variety of what the S4 has to offer will attract their attention!