Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Houseboat docks and docking questions - Oh mighty Gurus?

Basically, I was wondering if houseboat docks were specific to a certain community lot, or if we could place them wherever we want, like on a resort or residential lot, and have them fnctin as normal,

Also, if NPC houseboats and community houseboats would both dock and set sail from time to time, or if we could even steer the community houseboats ourselves.

Comments

• Options
    WillHootWillHoot Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have wondered that too. I want the ability to have "private docks" that I can put on my private lots, so I can have only my sims dock there.

hopefully they will be a build object (like how parking spaces are) and have the ability to possess them (like how you can make one car one sims, you can make one berth (docking area) belong to one family)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    According to the simsvip fact sheet, 'dock' is a new lot type. I think it has to be a standard thing.

http://simsvip.com/2013/03/13/island-paradise-factsheet/
  • Options
    Cherrygirl2426Cherrygirl2426 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I think you can put docks or the posts down for the smaller boats like speedboats but I think a diner is on a houseboat and I would love to sit outside eating and be served whilst watching the sea go by if only rabbit holes didn't exist
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think you can put docks or the posts down for the smaller boats like speedboats but I think a diner is on a houseboat and I would love to sit outside eating and be served whilst watching the sea go by if only rabbit holes didn't exist

Diners don't let sims eat outside. I don't know why they don't but you could put some food in your sims inventory and have them sit down and place it on the table.

Your best bet for this is a bistro not a diner. And this is something they need to add in a patch a way for sims to eat outside at diners. I can't understand why we don't have that now.

I want to place the ship diner from Barnical Bay on a port but at that one the tables and chairs are behind it so you wouldn't have a view of the water.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited June 2013

Diners don't let sims eat outside. I don't know why they don't but you could put some food in your sims inventory and have them sit down and place it on the table.

Your best bet for this is a bistro not a diner. And this is something they need to add in a patch a way for sims to eat outside at diners. I can't understand why we don't have that now.

I want to place the ship diner from Barnical Bay on a port but at that one the tables and chairs are behind it so you wouldn't have a view of the water.

Maybe now that we have the ability to turn buildings around on a lot, that ship diner could be turned so the tables face the sea. We can hope! :D