Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

power outlets

i think sims 4 could do with power outlets and light switches o.o i would really like light switches to turn of lights and electronic stuff in the middle of a room with no cables or anything o.o hopefully plugs can me added and basic cables at least and sims have to turn of the tv and radio i hate that you turn everything off for them o.o you can turn off anyone's lights

Comments

• Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited June 2013
    hmm no one else want power outlets? people want realism but dont want power outlets thats strange i certainly would like to design things taking into account power and water at least
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited June 2013
    This is one of those things that just adds another unnecessary step. I wouldn't want to spend an extra 20 in-game minutes for my Sim to get up and physically turn the lights off when they leave a room. I wouldn't mind if sockets or light switches were in Buy mode as a decorative object, but I have no interest in giving my Sims another menial, useless task that eats up time.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    they could add different kinds of lights if they made it so sims had to turn them off. they could have those automatic lights. the ones you can clap to turn off :P personally i hate that my sims are somehow psychic and can turn everything off from their bedroom
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hmm it posted 2 times >.<
  • Options
    treelifetreelife Posts: 254
    edited June 2013
    I would like this. As long as the user still had the option to turn on/off all lights in a room/lot by clicking on the light. And to set automatic Lighting via the same method. :)
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sorry no. Rather have motion detecting lights and able to place around electronics, than going around aimlessly trying to find the dang light switch, and being limited to place all electronics to the nearest wall socket. Just seems like wasted time to do it all.
  • Options
    29241902924190 Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Icarus wrote:
    This is one of those things that just adds another unnecessary step. I wouldn't want to spend an extra 20 in-game minutes for my Sim to get up and physically turn the lights off when they leave a room. I wouldn't mind if sockets or light switches were in Buy mode as a decorative object, but I have no interest in giving my Sims another menial, useless task that eats up time.

Same with me: I don't want sims to waste time turning on and off lights, expecailly if you have an absent minded sim who might take a sim hour trying to walk to the light switch. I wouldn't mind them as a decorative item like you said but if they're going to be a hassle they shouldn't be in the game.
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2013
    As a decorative object I would like it a lot. As a object with functionality, as most said it would be a bit of a task that is unnecessary in gameplay
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited June 2013
    I get what your saying but no Id rather not have working outlets and switches. I would be cool with decorative items though
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd love power outlets as a decor item! Different kinds too, like those multi socket expander jobs :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry no. Rather have motion detecting lights and able to place around electronics, than going around aimlessly trying to find the dang light switch, and being limited to place all electronics to the nearest wall socket. Just seems like wasted time to do it all.
    probably thinking more of lights here. and cables if you want them i know i wouldnt mind cables and sockets but it could be like laundry. if you dont place any in your house you dont need them :)