Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninvited Party Guests

Something that has always bothered me is when I throw a party and put a lot of thought and effort into the guest list, there are always way more people that show up... uninvited people. I ran a search for this topic before posting and was surprised to find that no one has brought it up. So here we are... what I'm wondering is, 1) are these the neighborhood mooches, 2) the party animals who can't resist a party, 3) did the people I invited, invite other people? (how rude)... what makes them show up? And how do I get rid of them? Is anyone else bothered by this?

It's beneficial if you're holding a campaign fundraiser, but if you already have a family of 8, invite 8 sims to the party, and then another 4 random sims show up it gets a little crowded! And by the way, why do the guests always leave plates all over the house? (true to life I suppose)

Comments

• Options
    peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited July 2009
    you can go up to them specifically and ask them to leave. yes this has happened to me. i had a perfect guest list then i saw a couple of random peole.. i was like.. uhm i didn't invite you. lol.
  • Options
    Sam_A_1992Sam_A_1992 Posts: 474 New Member
    edited July 2009
    you can ask them to leave, but it is annoying for them to turn up in the first place.
  • Options
    SeaMonsterDylanSeaMonsterDylan Posts: 216 New Member
    edited July 2009
    And another thing... people who show up at these parties often bring their toddlers and children, yet I can't get them to bring my sim's kids. (my male sim fathered a bunch of babies with holly alto so I'm trying to get the 4 toddlers to age up by inviting Holly, Nick and Vita to the party but they never bring the toddlers... yet other sims do) I don't get it. I'm essentially trying to throw a party for my sims's out-of-wedlock babies... as his house.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sam_A_1992 wrote:
    you can ask them to leave, but it is annoying for them to turn up in the first place.

I've tried but they don't go away, lol.
  • Options
    Sam_A_1992Sam_A_1992 Posts: 474 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sam_A_1992 wrote:

I've tried but they don't go away, lol.
    perhaps their just annoying glitches in the system to make it more realistic?
  • Options
    maddy444maddy444 Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited July 2009
    And another thing... people who show up at these parties often bring their toddlers and children, yet I can't get them to bring my sim's kids. (my male sim fathered a bunch of babies with holly alto so I'm trying to get the 4 toddlers to age up by inviting Holly, Nick and Vita to the party but they never bring the toddlers... yet other sims do) I don't get it. I'm essentially trying to throw a party for my sims's out-of-wedlock babies... as his house.
    Maybe the sims who bring there kids have the (mind blank, this might not be what its called) "family oriented" trait.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    lol, might not be so bad if they were all "neat" and "friendly" sims but they aren't. often times they are innappropriate slobs. I've never seen a bookworm at a party... I should hold a party with nothing but bookworms and see if they are all on the couch reading by the end of the night. Now that would be funny. (set up a few bookshelves, serve espresso, light a fire... they'll think they are at a nice coffee house)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    maddy444 wrote:
    Maybe the sims who bring there kids have the (mind blank, this might not be what its called) "family oriented" trait.

Good point, family oriented is probably the more likely culprit
  • Options
    BzakBzak Posts: 90 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Alot of times they are spouses, good friends or kids of the guests you invite. Its just like real life, you throw a party and some of your guests might bring a friend. I dont see why this is so so annoying to you. I like this feature. It just means I might meet someone new.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    To answer your almost-question, it's annoying because I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my sims...well, and now that I think about it, everything else in life too. If I tell my sim to do something, I expect them to do it... if I invite certain people over, it's because I have a master plan and other people who show up randomly steal precious party time from my sim who is trying to accomplish a goal (ie: univited sims are monopolizing conversations, or they are insulting people I'm trying to ask for money, or they are making messes and forcing neat sims to clean up after them...)

After years of analysis, I've realized that my need to control every aspect of my sims life comes from an abusive childhood and living under the thumb of a dominent mother...growing up as an only child...and without a dad...

(PS, that was a joke)
  • Options
    Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    edited July 2009
    This happens to me all the time. I had Thornton Wolff diviorce Morganna and she was always showing up at my parties uninvited. I don't usually mind the uninvited, but the last party I threw there was a sim I didn't recognize so I had my sim start to get to know her and found out she was a kelpto. I asked her to leave, which she did. I've had teens show up at my parties, but never children. Unless they were invited.

• Options
    KittyHoshiKittyHoshi Posts: 61
    edited August 2011
    lol, i don't think i ever had that happen to me... but i have another (partly related) question: if you wanna invite more sims to a party than you are allowed to, can you get two or three other sims to all hold their party at the same place? or will the game tell you a party is already going on there? what if it is at 15 minute intervals that the guests are invited from each party?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2011
    Uninvited guest have never bothered me, I always say, the more the merrier. But I’m not a control freak, I always play my game on high free will, and most of the times let Sims be Sims. There have been a few times in the past some “big time celebrities” showed up at my Sim’s party uninvited, and my Sim never had to impress them. These guys would always approach my sim and start chatting away with them. And then a day or two later they would call up my sim and invite them to their own party.
  • Options
    ChubbyKatzeChubbyKatze Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 2011
    When I was playing Beau (the patriarch of my entire family lol) for his second daughter's BDay to becoming a young adult, two people who were very much not invited showed up and decided to play their guitars. At first I was like, "Oh what a cute and wonderful surprise!" But Beau being evil as he is and Emperor of Evil to boot, picked up on either their coward or good/friendly traits and started to glow that weird hue of red around them. They dropped their instruments and started booing him. At his daughters Graduation/BDay. So I killed them ^_^b I set the guy on fire and starved the old lady on the front step, they still had an epic party and Beau was happy so all was well again. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited August 2011
    KittyHoshi--As far as I know, you can have more people at your party by doing the following: when your guests start showing up, just invite more people over on the phone. They will still show up.
  • Options
    MLittlepawMLittlepaw Posts: 17,193 New Member
    edited August 2011
    This happens to me a lot... but almost my entire Sunset vAlley is filled with Sims from a single family. So it's useful when the Sims I couldn't invite because I had maxed out the list show up.
  • Options
    starfire1997starfire1997 Posts: 3,238 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Why bring an old thread up? :?
  • Options
    MLittlepawMLittlepaw Posts: 17,193 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I didn't. :shock: I just saw it on the fourth page and decided to post. *shrugs*
  • Options
    evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited August 2011

blah blah blah I know this is a old thread but I'm posting this because I can :roll:

When that happens to me I always have a vampire in my family and I have them go to the ones that wasn't invited and turn them. What can they do? Nothing, they in my Sims house and wasn't invited in. :twisted:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2011
    I asked this yesterday and was told their party crashes.I asked the uninvited sims to leave and it effected my party score.

Edit: Sorry I didn't know it was old.I don't pay attention to dates, I just figured it wasn't old cause it was on the first page.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2011
    I haven't had uninvited children at my parties but I have had uninvited, and often unknown, elders who show up and die at my parties.

PS: at fundraiser parties you don't have to ask for money, all guest automatically donate as they leave (or at least they used to. I haven't played a politician in a long time).
  • Options
    starfire1997starfire1997 Posts: 3,238 New Member
    edited August 2011
    MLittlepaw wrote:
    I didn't. :shock: I just saw it on the fourth page and decided to post. *shrugs*

I wasn't talking about you haha. I was talking about the person who brought it back from 09.
  • Options
    koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Yay! Old thread 8). My elder sim (who recently passed) threw parties a lot since she was a party animal and often times this woman from her past named Mary would show up uninvited. I wouldn't have mind if Mary hadn't spread a rumor about my sim that nearly ended her marriage. They use to be friends, but after the rumor they grew apart and by the time my sim reached the elder stage, she didn't even remember her :lol:.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited August 2011
    I had an uninvited party guest die at my Sims' party :shock: Not exaclty how you want to remember your birthday party...

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    ChubbyKatzeChubbyKatze Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 2011

:roll: Because people are *obviously* interested in it. :roll:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top