Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• Options
    Purpleowl3Purpleowl3 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited August 2013
    ?: Where are you guys downloading brushes for gimp? You know, like the hair and makeup and stuff you're all using?
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited August 2013
    DeviantArt have some good brushes. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    DeviantArt have some good brushes. :)

• Options
    lukeschraderlukeschrader Posts: 248 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Heres my latest mock in a headshot contest!!It looks ok to me :)

15fm136.png

Please dont copy it!
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited August 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    tumblr_msddqb7N1v1seftjko1_1280.jpg

Here's a random edit. It's the first time I used makeup brushes :3! I did something different with her skin, not sure if it's a good thing or not? I used the noise filter on my skin shading to make it more... pronounced? Not sure lol.

Nice. I only ever use eyelash brushes, and even then that's rare... What kind of stuff did you use? I'm curious. x)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Luke, are you sure you put the rainbow on the new layer?
    EDIT: And I guess I was screwing around with this, but... BEFORE and AFTER. :') (I shan't post them, as together they're pretty big).

They look really nice are they going to be on download?It would be really helpful with one of my assignments.
    Eh? I'm sorry, but I'm slightly confused. C: They're not CC or make up brushes, if you're wondering. All of the editing is done with stuff already in GIMP, apart from one brush flower-y pattern brush I used, I think... x)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Luke, are you sure you put the rainbow on the new layer?
    EDIT: And I guess I was screwing around with this, but... BEFORE and AFTER. :') (I shan't post them, as together they're pretty big).

They look really nice are they going to be on download?It would be really helpful with one of my assignments.
    Eh? I'm sorry, but I'm slightly confused. C: They're not CC or make up brushes, if you're wondering. All of the editing is done with stuff already in GIMP, apart from one brush flower-y pattern brush I used, I think... x)

Oh lol!i cannot seem to paint on my pictures from sims 3 in gimp lol!
  • Options
    CaliWavesCaliWaves Posts: 619
    edited August 2013
    I used to edit Sims 3 pictures a couple of years ago. A week ago I found Sims on my shelf and remembered how much I used to love doing it and now here I am. :) Tell me what you guys think!
    Before: http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t579/caliwavesx/Screenshot-6_zpsece8b725.jpg
    After: http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t579/caliwavesx/final_zps75abbd64.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    CaliWaves wrote:
    I used to edit Sims 3 pictures a couple of years ago. A week ago I found Sims on my shelf and remembered how much I used to love doing it and now here I am. :) Tell me what you guys think!
    Before: http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t579/caliwavesx/Screenshot-6_zpsece8b725.jpg
    After: http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t579/caliwavesx/final_zps75abbd64.png
    Oh, nice work with the hair! I never have the patience to make it detailed, but gosh it looks so pretty. C:
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey all <3! I created the official tumblr for 7ims! Check it out ^^ I'm actually superr pumped because I'm gonna host a bunch of contests... >:D Anyway, there's something I've been thinking about and maybe a 'Simblr Feature'. Maybe that will get you guys excited? Not sure lol xP

@Purple No problem ^-^ Yeah like JKS said :3 Usually from deviantART.

@Tacha Thank you <3!

@Kamekoj No problem :)! It will ^^ And thank you :D

@Luke I'm learning makeup myself too :D You should try searching on youtube makeup drawing in gimp.

@knh330 She's gorgeous <3 ^^

@Bebs I downloaded a bunch... like literally; whatever I saw I just downladed without thinking xD! >.< Here:

http://project-gimpbc.deviantart.com/art/GIMP-Eyelashes-Brushes-63531352

I think this was one of them, I can't remember the rest D:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh, I think I have them already. XD Hmmm.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oh thanks angel :) Im learning bit by bit now :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Okay, I am going to do my first edit today, and I'll post it here so you guys can see! Angel, I'll have my app and mock assignment in by tonight, I swear. lol :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    HELP!!! Okay, so I got GIMP the other day, and its the newest version, and I'm following Bliss's skin tutorial, and it isn't working. I can't use the color picker tool to get the skin color, nor can I draw on my picture when I set the mode to overlay.
  • Options
    popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited September 2013
    @Purple: Make sure you are selected on the original layer rather than the new layer,because it allows you to select a color using the tool if you are on the original(first) layer. Select the skin color and then remember to select on your added new layer to then paint on as wished.

Overlay makes your paint less visible to see. If you have already overlayed your first layer of skin shading and completed everything on that step,create a new layer to paint on as usual. I haven't watched Bliss' tutorial in a very long time so I'm not sure about the second part,let me know. Hoped I helped a lil :)
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    popstar7 wrote:
    @Purple: Make sure you are selected on the original layer rather than the new layer,because it allows you to select a color using the tool if you are on the original(first) layer. Select the skin color and then remember to select on your added new layer to then paint on as wished.

Overlay makes your paint less visible to see. If you have already overlayed your first layer of skin shading and completed everything on that step,create a new layer to paint on as usual. I haven't watched Bliss' tutorial in a very long time so I'm not sure about the second part,let me know. Hoped I helped a lil :)

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    popstar7 wrote:

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    @Luke Alrighty

@Purple Great :D! ^^

Omg guys... Such a tiring week D: I start school on Tuesday X__X I just wanna sleep and lay dead for five minutes xD Anyway, I drew this while I was relaxing last night xD!

tumblr_msf8y5vVcU1seftjko1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    That's so cute, Angel! c:

I bothered to patch my game a few days ago (I mean, I think it was a few days ago, but I hadn't, like, patched it since pets, so a few days means nuthin' XD) and it might have been that, or the fact I've cleared something out (as it's supposed to work on all patches?) but I reran the HQ mod and I think it's working... Here:

tumblr_msh0tv4xEf1rpg5cmo1_1280.png

Like, three more examples here, but I think you can only really see it in the headshot. :')
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    jonah-hill-shock.gif

WAIT DID THEY RESIZE OR WAS THAT JUST ME
    Edit: No, I sent this and it went back to being cut off. ;-; Awh.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Bebs <3! Omg! He's so... :O

tumblr_mkskzpjfgz1rnqjkpo1_500.gif

Anddd! I love your new theme :D!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Awh, thank you Angel! xD Originally I was going to enter a female, fantasy version of him into WoF2. o.o
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2013
    Aoki Takashi, I recently re-did her eyes and nose to make her more realistic and closer to her Japanese heritage

f5VEuQ8.jpg

oG50lyn.jpg
  • Options
    popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited September 2013
    Is it just me or are the forums are running very slowly at the moment?

This makes me a sad penguino :(
    (I guess with a lot of members returning to School and such.)
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Heeey guyss... I...AM...SO...TIRED! Leather shoes are so tiring to walk in! I walked a really long way for nothing.... I'm about to go crazy. I need water 🐸🐸🐸🐸 .__. It was the first day for being in highschool. So many crazy people that are tall and omg... I'm ant in that place xD I probably have no time to do anything now, I may just die away and sleep xD