December 14 - Friday Highlight is ready! Click here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    That is amazing. It's such a delicate subject and ah you write so beautifully. I really like the very end. My brain can't figure out whether it wants to be sad or happy
  • DragonAge_13172792DragonAge_13172792 Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2013
    Nice to meet you all. Been registered on the forum but never posted. The contests are what drew me in, new to them for the S3 but have done many in S2 lol O & never mind the username It must have gotten picked at random when I played DAO sometime ago but you can call me Netra 8)
  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hahah that picture, wandering around towns as randoms. Barney is an adorable name. My girlie is Rebecca and she's sort of a diva
    Hi Netra!
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Ikr! This is the one thing I'm looking forward to most >_< If they mess up... OMG... I'm gonna go to EA Company place thingy, and shove a picture of the little mermaid in their faces >_<

    have you ever seen this?



    this is what i grew up to :)
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    That is amazing. It's such a delicate subject and ah you write so beautifully. I really like the very end. My brain can't figure out whether it wants to be sad or happy

    that's how i felt at the end of her entry to one of my contests! beautiful!
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Netra! ^^

    Thank you Nat :) I'm soooo lazy to write now XD I don't know why... I guess it's because I'm getting older like 15 and I'm too lazy to put any effort into anything >_<

  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Nice to meet you all. Been registered on the forum but never posted. The contests are what drew me in, new to them for the S3 but have done many in S2 lol O & never mind the username It must have gotten picked at random when I played DAO sometime ago but you can call me Netra 8)

    Hi!!! welcome! I love dragon age (actually i only really love origins and Awakening :( i hope DA3 makes up for 2)!!
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    I wrote this story when I was 11 I think... The book is called a Rose to Remember this is the first chapter typed out and edited XD I used to write with my hands before... with a PEN! I know right? So old fashioned of me :wink: But I type stories on the computer now.. I basically lost the strength to hold a pen... .-.

    P.S Sorry if it's too long... XD I tend to go overboard a lot

    Chapter 1
    The Dreamer

    A new life, a new sun, and a new me. My Lord banished me to the Realm of Mortals… That means leaving my family here in this Realm. I don’t really care if he banished me or not, it was bound to happen one day. The reason he banished me was because I refused to be married to his daughter. It’s complicated as to why I said no, I already have someone in my heart… even though I can’t remember her, a very complicated situation. When he went into my mind and captured this thought, he banished me to the Realm of Mortals to find a strong and suitable bride to bring to him, and to prove that his daughter is not good enough to be my bride.
    The day before my transfer, I think about what it’ll be like there. I already visited about 90 years ago. I studied a lot of the Realm of Mortals, and it seems everything has changed… I’m interested what mankind has evolved to today. Certainly, they are completely different from us. We are obviously more evolved and higher than the levels of Humans. But why do I have this feeling that something is waiting for me there… I’m not sure, because I’m usually wrong at these predicaments.
    Humans are disgusting filthy creatures, well since I last visited. These so-called ‘human women’ makes me want to revolt every time. They’re useless, selfish, oblivious, simple-minded… need I say more? They are exactly like Demon women. Except Demon women are merciless and more evil. An example is my mother Evangeline. She was the head of the Demon Army long ago, during the Bloody War. She spared no one’s life, killed many of her comrades, but for the right reasons. Those kinds of women I respect. Women are just pointless beings in the world… That have no power over the opposites.This trip to the Realm of Mortals is just what I need right now, to get my mind off my father and my brother.
    “Devin.” My mother called. “You’ll be staying with Clyde when you get there. He owns a school somewhere, and you’ll be attending.”
    “Mother.” I sigh. “What’s the point of going to school there? Nothing but useless information.”
    “This is the only way to keep a low profile.” She backfired. “You know there are DemonHunters in the Realm of Mortals, don’t you?”
    “I can handle them.”
    “I won’t let my son get hurt.” She glared. “No fighting, no blood, no sign of evidence. End of discussion.”
    I rolled my eyes with sudden rebellion. I’m not a kid anymore, I thought.
    “I heard that.” She said, startling me.
    “You should ask permission first before you read your son’s mind, that’s very impolite.”
    “I’m your mother, remember? I can do what I want.”
    Either way I had to let this go, or else this conversation will take forever.
    “By the way, Devin.” She said with a serious voice. “Your new identity was discussed today, and I have the results.”
    “Okay, tell me.”
    She grabs the paper on the other side of the table.
    “You are Adam Anderson. 17 years old. You travel the world a lot but your main home is in Europe. Your parents are wealthy in all countries. The Elders say that you can keep your appearance, however the scar on your cheek has to go. You’re a shy and un-social person. You’re not noticed by many, and you have no friends.”
    “17 years old?” I scoffed. “Mother, don’t you think they’re being unrealistic?”
    “That’s how it is there and they die at the age of 70. The lifespan of a human is very short. You know that.”
    “I got it.” I said, looking the other way.
    “Keep a low profile.” She said, glaring at me.
    She knows that a lot of people have lots of interest in me because they see a powerful aura, but I don’t believe it. There’s something wrong with me that all type of people seem interested in. I just don’t see it me. My mother says it’s a curse or something, but my dad says it’s something that’ll make me the Lord someday… I don’t agree with both of them, because it’s not true. There’s nothing special about me, not then, not now, not ever.
    “I know.” I reply.
    There was a sudden cold silence in the air, that prevented me from talking to her… That gloomy and awkward feeling when you have nothing to talk about… that kind of feeling filled the air.
    “Is she still appearing?” My mother asked suddenly.
    I looked up, my jaw dropped lightly… and I gave in.
    “Yes.” I sighed.
    “When you come back…” My mother started. “We’re having your mind checked by this Doctor I know. Those dreams of yours, they aren’t safe. I’ve told you this before, haven’t I?”
    “Dr. Emma already said that-”
    “I know what she said!” My mother interrupted. “Dr. Emma was weak, and she didn’t have enough power to erase it all. I found a stronger one that might be able to erase every memory of her.”
    “They aren’t nightmares you know.” I say, trying to let her down easy.
    “These dreams are dangerous.” She says.
    I had enough of this!
    “What do you know?!” I yell, getting up from the chair, slamming my hands on the kitchen table. “What do you know about her?!”
    My mother stayed motionless and expressionless. She stared at her ring. It was a ruby ring that was given to her from her friend during the Bloody War. She’d always stare at it for some reason whenever the subject of my dreams enters our conversation.
    “I know more than you think…” She said, leaving the room, griping her ring.
    I stand in front of the gates of St .Celine Academy, thinking what a messed up world this is. The Realm of Mortals changed somewhat a lot… in a horrible and revolting way. There are so many people that are obese and very… I can’t even find the right words to describe the horror. It just gave me chills. I looked up to notice how tall the gate was. It was white with a fancy detailed C in the middle.
    The doors opened and I walked inside the school grounds. I stare at the long pathway leading to the actual school… Clyde you’re an plum for making such a long pathway just to get to the doors of the school. As I walk along the path, I notice bushes on the sides of the pathway; each one perfectly aligned and cut the same way. The only difference is that they all had roses on them with different colors.
    I admired Clyde’s taste in roses. At this moment, it occurred to me why this school was named St. Celine Academy. I don’t know of any Saint in the Realm of Mortals that I’ve studied these past hundred years. Well, seems like a question that Clyde can only answer. I’m looking forward to spending time with an old friend.
    Clyde is a much older Demon than I. Younger than my mother, but older than my father. We met a couple years ago, at a meeting. My father’s boss’ son is Clyde. He may look like a Barbie doll, but he’s a typical guy, that’s fun to hang out with. However, I always feel that he’s hiding something from me. We met a long time ago, and it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other. He’s normal but mysteriously odd at the same time, if that makes sense.
    He was my best friend. When I started to have dreams of her… He was the only one who understood. For some reason, Clyde always had this ability to really connect with me. It’s like he knew what it was like when I lost her. Clyde was the only person in my life who really understood me. It was hard when I lost her, but Clyde was always there for me. I really looked up to him when I was younger, but now it’s like everything’s changed.
    After maybe 7 minutes of walking, I finally arrive at the doors of the school. I roll my eyes. What plum made the school exterior design? There were big white doors in front of me. Each with the letter C. Clyde have you become a narcissist? Clyde’s favorite color was white, even thought that was a sign of the Angels, he really liked the color. And I admired him for that. Clyde goes against tradition. We do not have a side in Evil or Good. We are simply in the middle, as Warlocks are. It was against one of our laws to pick a side, and Clyde was probably the one who broke a lot of laws in his days, that’s why he was eternally banished here. Well who knows what Clyde did in the past; that’s his business.
    As the doors opened before me, a sudden thrush came beaming down on my body. It was human scents inside the school. Who knew there were so many of those creatures in this school? It wasn’t a pleasant scent either. I haven’t been here in a long time, so my body is not used to the environment here… This type of scent almost made me vomit. That’s how really bad human’s smell. No matter what they put on themselves, I can still smell the horrible odour.
    It was a difficult power to handle when I first reached that stage where my powers came in. It’s difficult to adapt, but it’ll become very useful. Using our powers against the same kind is a Forbidden Act, in my Realm. No one knows what happens to those who get punished, because those who go in our Lord’s castle… never come out of the Lord’s castle… ever. Anyway, each being has their own scent. It may be bad or good, it depends on their blood. Demons don’t smell like normal beings, each Demon possesses a power to smell their blood first and their scent second. If their blood is bad, meaning they have an illness in their body, or they possess Black Blood… now that’s a sign of pure evil. It’s just the way it is for us, it’s one of the ways to know about your prey faster before you eat it.
    I felt a cold breeze pass by me all of a sudden. Someone or something passed me… I could feel it. I leaned in to see what went on inside, but all I could see was black long hair swiftly falling on a girl’s back as she turned the other corner, where the wall separated us. I couldn’t see her face, and her hair was only shown. I wonder if she was the cause of the breeze. I couldn’t really be a know at-all in this situation because I never experienced or studied about this before. That moment felt too ominous but strangely familiar.
    My eyes focused on the man that suddenly appeared in front of me. For some reason, when I look at Clyde, I always notice his eyes first. His eyes were magically transformed into human eyes. It wasn’t a choice; our Lord simply forced it upon him, for committing a dreadful crime. Clyde never talked about this ‘crime’ he committed, and I guess it was just to painful to bring up in a conversation. That’s Clyde’s life, full of mystery. He told me once, when I asked about what happened back then, that it’s dangerous to involve him in my life that much. I didn’t really understand it back then, because I was a child. But now, I understand that Clyde is a man that has too many secrets to hide, and he’s a good friend, because he doesn’t want me to get hurt. It was nice to know that Clyde had a nice side too.
    “Devin,” he started. “Long time no see.”
    “Hi Clyde.” I say, as he leans in and gives me a welcome hug, it was a forceful but heart-warming hug… I guess. “It’s been too long.”
    “ You’re mother told me you needed to stay here.” He said seriously. “What did you do?”
    “I didn’t do anything!” I lashed out.
    I also had a habit of talking without thinking… which was a habit I couldn’t get rid of.
    “Okay, okay.” He replied, backing down, returning to his normal voice. “What happened?”
    “I was out in a club.” I started. “And the Lord’s men came after me. I tried to run, but obviously they always know where we are. So I got caught… and talked to him.”
    “Devin.” Clyde said, with a cold tone.
    “I know!” I said, regretfully. “I messed up.”
    Our Lord doesn’t talk with just anyone. He shows his face to certain people, and rarely goes in public. Urban rumours were spreading when our Lord was replaced. Our new Lord was harsh; he was like Adolf plum in the Realm of Humans. That man was horrible person, however I did admire his ways of torture, it was… clever. Our ex-Lord died somehow, and people believed it was the new Lord that killed him. Ever since our Lord’s wife died, she was killed by humans; our Lord became brutal and merciless towards others. They say those who dare look into his eyes will die 1000 shameless deaths. The mystery behind his hatred is unknown, but meeting our Lord in person was a very rare thing. It can be a horrible thing or it can be a good thing, the chances are it’s horrible. Nothing good comes out from the mouth of our Lord. So, if you say to another regular Demon in our world, that you met our Lord. They will kill you instantaneously. There are also superstitions that if you say you met the Lord, you carry a Demons Curse. It was obviously a myth, because people were too scared of him. So, if you say so, they’ll immediately kill you before it catches onto them. It was silly.
    My meeting with our Lord was very odd. I did not see his face we were in his court yard. We were in his wife’s old garden, where all plants were withered and it looked simply dreadful. I dared not to make eye contact with him, and I didn’t. My Lord kept staring out into the garden, for it is acres and acres of sorrowful weeds. Everything was grey and dead in that horrible garden. It was unbearable. He did not look at me, however I glanced at him a couple times. My Lord looked perfectly normal from his side view. People say he had a face of a monster, or he didn’t have a face at all! It was all superstitions! Completely ridiculous. If our Lord orders someone to see him, that probably means something big is about to change…
    “What did he tell you?”
    “I am one of the candidates to become the next Lord in a couple hundred years, right?”
    “Of course.” He replies.
    “He told me,” I started with a sigh. “There’s a 100% guarantee that I’ll become the next Lord if I marry Princess Avery.”
    “Devin…” He sighed, with a tone of compassion.
    The thought of even marrying her was dreadful it just made me vomit every time. It’s not that she’s revolting in every way possible. She is a beautiful woman, however not the right one that holds the key. However, now that I think about it, she did have some negative points about her personality. Princess Avery loves bloodshed. She is a merciless assassin and merely laughs at others despair. She’s a nice woman, just not and never will be the right one.
    “Do you still dream about her?” He asks softly.
    “Every night.” I reply.
    “Is that why you’re here?”
    “Yes.”
    “You couldn’t marry Avery, because you know she’s still alive.”
    “I can feel it, Clyde. I know she’s here in the world. I just have to find her.”
    “So what did our Lord do?”
    “I told him it was impossible. However, he became furious. He went on and on about his daughter’s charm and speciality. He banished me here, until I find a suitable bride to show him. I have to find someone powerful because our Lord thought that his daughter wasn’t powerful enough for me, and there was someone much more special and stronger than Princess Avery. He’s given me one week. At the Full Moon, I return back when the first wind blows. If I have a bride, she will fight against Princess Avery. If I don’t have one, I’m being wed to a remorseless beast.”
    “That’s tough.” Clyde replied, almost bursting with laughter. “In those movies here, the guys fight over the girl, but with you, you’re the girl!”
    “Shut up, Clyde!” I say, laughing along.
    Clyde cheered me up, with his awkward jokes.
    “Now…”Clyde said, returning to his normal self. “Shall I take you around your new school?”

  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    Hahah that picture, wandering around towns as randoms. Barney is an adorable name. My girlie is Rebecca and she's sort of a diva
    Hi Netra!

    yeah i was like 4 and really liked barney hahahah
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    oh man, im going to have to read that one tomorrow :)

    (but i will read it... i love reading)
  • DragonAge_13172792DragonAge_13172792 Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Hailey, Nat & Angel! : ) Hailey I loved DAO & Awakening too, felt like I wasted money purchasing DA2, it was no where near as good as the original game. Looking forward to DA3 I hope they make up for it too lol
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hehe sorry , it's pretty long. :XD:

    I can't wait to start the new competition this weekend... Which one would you all prefer? Dark vs Light (Angels vs Demons) or Fantasy (with mermaids, fairies, etc. etc.).
    Both are comps I was thinking of hosting since I canceled the other one. :?
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi Hailey, Nat & Angel! : ) Hailey I loved DAO & Awakening too, felt like I wasted money purchasing DA2, it was no where near as good as the original game. Looking forward to DA3 I hope they make up for it too lol

    RIGHT?! I just read an interview with the developers and they were being pretty adamant that they learned from their mistakes... so let's hope >_<
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Hehe sorry , it's pretty long. :XD:

    I can't wait to start the new competition this weekend... Which one would you all prefer? Dark vs Light (Angels vs Demons) or Fantasy (with mermaids, fairies, etc. etc.).
    Both are comps I was thinking of hosting since I canceled the other one. :?

    I'm starting my Fairy Games soon and adding a modeling part (i sent you a message check your mypage! ;) ) so don't do fairies! :D
  • DragonAge_13172792DragonAge_13172792 Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Hehe sorry , it's pretty long. :XD:

    I can't wait to start the new competition this weekend... Which one would you all prefer? Dark vs Light (Angels vs Demons) or Fantasy (with mermaids, fairies, etc. etc.).
    Both are comps I was thinking of hosting since I canceled the other one. :?

    Both really sound cool, I like the Dark vs Light idea though!!
    MissBrite wrote:
    RIGHT?! I just read an interview with the developers and they were being pretty adamant that they learned from their mistakes... so let's hope >_<

    YES!! Let's hope they have, I'm looking forward to the release of it :wink:
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    they also said they were going to make character customization even better than origins... which is my favorite part ^__^
  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Ooh I just finished reading Angel
    Did you write the whole story out? Either way it's impressive!! :D
    Haha is that the jingling of new competitions I hear? :mrgreen: I hope the forum picks up this summer. Both your ideas sound cool :)
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    Ooh I just finished reading Angel
    Did you write the whole story out? Either way it's impressive!! :D
    Haha is that the jingling of new competitions I hear? :mrgreen: I hope the forum picks up this summer. Both your ideas sound cool :)

    yeah, nat- im going to start the Fairy Games 2 soon.. this time bring it to the S+M forums as well with a modeling competition and you were a great judge on model madness (so sad we haven't heard from the host.. i hope she's okay) i'd LOVE it if you were a judge :D but then i'd also love for you to participate so it's your choice ;)
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Hehe sorry , it's pretty long. :XD:

    I can't wait to start the new competition this weekend... Which one would you all prefer? Dark vs Light (Angels vs Demons) or Fantasy (with mermaids, fairies, etc. etc.).
    Both are comps I was thinking of hosting since I canceled the other one. :?

    I'm starting my Fairy Games soon and adding a modeling part (i sent you a message check your mypage! ;) ) so don't do fairies! :D

    Something's wrong with my My Page, they haven't fixed it yet so I can't access it T_T :cry: Sorry >_< Where will the Fairy Games be posted? GG or on here?

    @DragonAge_13172792 Thank you ^_^ I think I should do the Fantasy one, because I had canceled my other one which was a fantasy themed... So I think I'll re-do it all over again :/

    @natrules12 I wrote the whole story out yeah ^^ It was my first book when I was 11. I just can't believe I wrote like 11 chapters with pen! I look back and wondered how I wrote so much with my hand >_<
  • natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    natrules12 wrote:
    Ooh I just finished reading Angel
    Did you write the whole story out? Either way it's impressive!! :D
    Haha is that the jingling of new competitions I hear? :mrgreen: I hope the forum picks up this summer. Both your ideas sound cool :)

    yeah, nat- im going to start the Fairy Games 2 soon.. this time bring it to the S+M forums as well with a modeling competition and you were a great judge on model madness (so sad we haven't heard from the host.. i hope she's okay) i'd LOVE it if you were a judge :D but then i'd also love for you to participate so it's your choice ;)

    Oh my goodness yes absolutely! I will see how my time works out when it gets started- if I am not busy, I'd love to compete and otherwise judging would be excellent :mrgreen:
    Angel, that's awesome! It is kind of funny how computers make a huuge difference. But really writing for fun is such a great habit/ pastime. It's literally something you can apply to everything.
    Haha I think it's past my bedtime so I'm going to sleep :P good night!
    (And yeah this post has been edited... It's hard to keep up with refreshing the page :lol: )
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    Night Nat! Sweet dreams ^^
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel-this is what i posted on your page: Hey love<3 I know you have a ton on your plate right now... but i wanted to extend the offer just in case... i'm starting my Fairy Games contest (part two :D) and this time i'm doing a modeling portion and would love to have you help judge :) if not at least participate xoxo

    Nat- yay!! i'm so glad to hear you're down :) it won't start for at least a week and even then judging won't be till after we get models :)
  • DragonAge_13172792DragonAge_13172792 Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    they also said they were going to make character customization even better than origins... which is my favorite part ^__^

    Mine too!! Miss playing it. I think I may have played DA2 two or three go rounds and was done with it...DAO I've played countless times, hoping 3 is like Origins and better :mrgreen:

    Angel you should, I may try joining if I'm able to handle it : )

    Have a good night Nat! I'll be going soon myself, you ladies have GN 8)
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    Angel-this is what i posted on your page: Hey love<3 I know you have a ton on your plate right now... but i wanted to extend the offer just in case... i'm starting my Fairy Games contest (part two :D) and this time i'm doing a modeling portion and would love to have you help judge :) if not at least participate xoxo

    Oh, I'd love to, but I'll have to think about it once the competition is posted. This other competition I'm in might get canceled, I'm not sure so I don't want to make hasty decisions just yet. I'm all excited now lol. Before, the modeling forums are so dead but now with you, Nat, and all the others it's starting to re-collect some of its members and models ^^ I'm glad people are coming back :P
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm just gonna post some random songs every now and then XD

    What About Now-Chris Daughtry
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top