Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ability to have 2 jobs at once

I think it would be a cool feature to allow sims to have more than one job, lets say a career and then a part time job on the side for money.
WLfAA9V.png

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited June 2013
    yeah. It would work very well if a Superstar/Showtime/Nightlife EP combo shows up again in Sims 4. I mean isn't in popular culture in places like I think NYC, actor-wannabes are also severs?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would love this.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,998 Member
    edited June 2013
    Brookesaywhatx,

It might be nice in some instances, and it would be good for players who like the story telling aspect of the sims game. However, I don't really think I would use that feature very often if they included it, and I have a feeling most players would not. Its difficult enough with just one career. I also have a lot of trouble whenever I try to have my teen sims juggle school and a part time job in the sims 3. Its difficult enough for me to make sure my sims are in a good mood when it comes time for them to go to work and that's only if they have one career. Also, what if there were scheduling conflicts conflicts. If both careers ever, have the same hours, how would that work? Plus I have a feeling that most careers in the Sims 4 base game at least will be rabbit hole jobs, like in the Sims 3. You probably wouldn't get to play with a sim with two or more careers very much, especially early on, since they'd probably spend a huge chunk of their time inside rabbit holes and I would imagine they'd be really tired when they were done with work for the day.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:
    Brookesaywhatx,

It might be nice in some instances, and it would be good for players who like the story telling aspect of the sims game. However, I don't really think I would use that feature very often if they included it, and I have a feeling most players would not. Its difficult enough with just one career. I also have a lot of trouble whenever I try to have my teen sims juggle school and a part time job in the sims 3. Its difficult enough for me to make sure my sims are in a good mood when it comes time for them to go to work and that's only if they have one career. Also, what if there were scheduling conflicts conflicts. If both careers ever, have the same hours, how would that work? Plus I have a feeling that most careers in the Sims 4 base game at least will be rabbit hole jobs, like in the Sims 3. You probably wouldn't get to play with a sim with two or more careers very much, especially early on, since they'd probably spend a huge chunk of their time inside rabbit holes and I would imagine they'd be really tired when they were done with work for the day.

Hi :) I hear what you are saying. It was kind of a quick little type of thought, in all honestly I don't know how it would work and don't really care if they add it or not lol. I thought it might be nice for the realism of it. Its silly to see the sims I start off homeless all of a sudden get a job (because most jobs will not hire a homeless person off the streets to work for them), and although sims can invent and things to make money, how many people do you know irl who go and just invent things or collect rocks and stones to make some extra cash? Lol. Like I said though, no big deal if its not added. Just thought it would be a cool little feature. :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like it! :D

My sim would be a billionaire,playboy, and philanthropist. IRONMAN! :twisted:
  • Options
    MissOzzylowMissOzzylow Posts: 20
    edited June 2013
    It s a good idea whether or not it really is needed I don't know but there has been times when I have wanted a second job especially when your sims are high there career and only working three days or so
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great idea! :D
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2013
    so for workaholic sims who can't get enough of working, have two jobs, work 9-5 weekday and on weekends have a part time job, that works well for me, yes, I'd love to see this in sims 4, should also see little kids have a job as well, on the weekends, like walk the neighbour's dog/cat, or clean out the neighbour's lizard/bug cage and see them do it, clean up the yard/water the palnts, and if they are good at being a green thumb, this is a great job as a full time gardner(which I'd love to see a gardner come back in TS4) we might even see the children's job at delivering newspapers, see them applying for a newspaper boy/girl deliverer in TS4.:)

milestone: reached 3500 posts, yay! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks everyone :)

Congrats on reaching 3500 midnightpearl! :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like this idea.

My Mam worked at a grocery store and a clothing store at the same time when I was younger, so I think'd be good for our Sims to experience the same thing hand have two jobs.

Awesome Idea!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks everyone :)

Congrats on reaching 3500 midnightpearl! :)

thanku :)
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like this idea as long as they improve the time management aspect. It's already difficult for my Sims to get even the basics done most days, let alone another job. I never even let my teens get jobs because they can't get their homework done, work, and have some kind of minimal life as it is.
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't mind it anyway! It's sort of possible to do it in the game already and I have my sims do it sometimes - I have my sim in a regular job and then have them work at a bar/club on the side bartending, or have them play instruments/dj for tips somewhere. Technically it's not recognized as a job in the game but it basically is and is a way to bring in a little extra money :wink: I actually prefer that as opposed to having two rabbithole jobs.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for posting! I totally agree, the time management needs to be fixed. I'm tired of having to use mods for something that should have been there in the first place. They give us SO much to do in the game, but barely any time in a day to do any of it!

Neon, I agree with you too. I like to play for the realism aspect and having sims do side jobs such as gardening, bartending, etc. fit in (in my games)- I would also prefer those to rabbithole jobs. :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited June 2013
    When I saw this, this was all I could think of:

tumblr_lrjnseuCro1qc3udb.gif"width=400"
    tumblr_lwl78ttPQJ1r6hdx4o1_250.gif"width=400"

I would really like sims to be able to have two jobs.
    More work = more money, but more work = less energy...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    knh330 wrote:
    When I saw this, this was all I could think of:

tumblr_lrjnseuCro1qc3udb.gif"width=400"
    tumblr_lwl78ttPQJ1r6hdx4o1_250.gif"width=400"

I would really like sims to be able to have two jobs.
    More work = more money, but more work = less energy...

Hahahaha, best show ever!
    WLfAA9V.png