Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My gay sims want a baby!

I know I can adopt, but are there other ways for my two guys to have a baby? and still fulfill their wish to have a baby?

for example, if one were to become pregnant from an alien abduction, would the both of them get their happiness points, or just the pregnant sim? same with plantsims?

and are there other ways my sims can have a baby other than adoption/aliens/plantsims?

thanks! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2013
    Get a woman in your neighborhood pregnant, and when she gives birth, ask her to be friends and then go to edit town mode, move the woman and the baby out of their house, move in with you, then move the woman out of the house, then ta-da! You have a baby.
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2013
    If you have Seasons, get abducted by an alien and they can make your male sim pregnant.
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited June 2013
    There is also mods for this.
  • Options
    loileeloilee Posts: 614 Member
    edited June 2013
    Plantsims don't fulfill the 'have child' wish. :(

May I suggest you try mod? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DrataniDratani Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2013
    When I have gay sims I usually just knock some randon townie up and take the child. But I think that would only fullfill the father of the child's wish though. Alien abduction or a mod is probably the best way to do it. (:
    powerpuff-girls-criminals-costume.jpg
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited June 2013
    If you have the wishing well from LP you could wish for a baby. Sometimes you get an evil child though. :lol:
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2013
    I do have an idea if you want both to be biologically connected to the baby, but it will take a little bit of cheating though.

Turn on this cheat

testingcheatsenabled true

Then take once of the sims to CAS and change their gender. Then have them try fro a baby. Once the baby is born, go back into CAS and change that sim back to what they were before.
  • Options
    NetNet11215NetNet11215 Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks guys! But I don't use mods/cc or want to cheat, so alien baby it is! :D
  • Options
    roboticromanticsroboticromantics Posts: 242 Member
    edited June 2013
    for example, if one were to become pregnant from an alien abduction, would the both of them get their happiness points, or just the pregnant sim? same with plantsims?

When it comes to alien pregnancies, I believe it will only fulfill the one who is pregnant's wish. My Sim got pregnant by an alien and after the birth, the child was only listed as him and a female alien's child. The father's wife was listed as the step-mother.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2013

When it comes to alien pregnancies, I believe it will only fulfill the one who is pregnant's wish. My Sim got pregnant by an alien and after the birth, the child was only listed as him and a female alien's child. The father's wife was listed as the step-mother.

Yes - the alien will be listed as the mother.
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited June 2013
    I know I can adopt, but are there other ways for my two guys to have a baby? and still fulfill their wish to have a baby?

and are there other ways my sims can have a baby other than adoption/aliens/plantsims?

thanks! :mrgreen:

Twallen's "Story Progression" lets you set same-sex couples as able to have babies. It also has the option to set the number of sims and of pets allowed on a lot - I always set those to 20 each. Plus so much more ... I love his SP an d his Master Controller!
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited June 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I do have an idea if you want both to be biologically connected to the baby, but it will take a little bit of cheating though.

Turn on this cheat

testingcheatsenabled true

Then take once of the sims to CAS and change their gender. Then have them try fro a baby. Once the baby is born, go back into CAS and change that sim back to what they were before.

:shock: :shock: Cool idea! I never would have thought of doing that! Tell me, when you look at the child's family tree afterwards is it listed as father 1 and father 2 or does the CAS cheat guy get listed as mother?
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sorry to hear you don't use mods, OP. I have the SP and Master Controller mods, and one of them lets me do an instant baby and pick the parents. When I wanted my gay sims to have a baby with their genetics, I used the "Instant Baby" option with both men being the fathers. The story line I used was that the baby was a product of science, but they were both listed as the fathers.

I fear, in order for both of their wishes to be met as the parent, you may have to cheat a little.
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited June 2013
    If you have the wishing well from LP you could wish for a baby. Sometimes you get an evil child though. :lol:

I experienced that for the first time ever last week. Scariest thing I've witnessed in the sims. Straight outta The Ring pretty much.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I suppose I could use mods. I just have no idea where to find them or how to install them. if someone would like to explain, i'd appreciate it.
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited June 2013
    the female of my married couple wanted a girl, and a boy. the father wanted a boy
    a boy was born.
    two days later, his mistress living in the same house gave birth to a girl.
    ... the wife's wish was completed to have a girl. :shock:

SO!
    you could knock up a random townie and as long as your original couple is married, they should have their wish fulfilled!
  • Options
    DarkGamer7DarkGamer7 Posts: 308 Member
    edited June 2013
    Steffstar wrote:
    Sorry to hear you don't use mods, OP. I have the SP and Master Controller mods, and one of them lets me do an instant baby and pick the parents. When I wanted my gay sims to have a baby with their genetics, I used the "Instant Baby" option with both men being the fathers. The story line I used was that the baby was a product of science, but they were both listed as the fathers.

I fear, in order for both of their wishes to be met as the parent, you may have to cheat a little.

Hi, I just downloaded Master Controller thanks to you, do you know if it lists both fathers in the family tree as well? Thanks!
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited June 2013
    http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Installing_Package_Files

Start there to learn to use mods and get your game set up for them.

Once you get the no intro mod working, head over here and get the mods.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

Then go back to ModTheSims and find some male maternity wear - if you don't pregnant male sims will be without bodies. (It will install the same as the mods, in the same place)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited June 2013
    DarkGamer7 wrote:
    Steffstar wrote:

Hi, I just downloaded Master Controller thanks to you, do you know if it lists both fathers in the family tree as well? Thanks!
    I've done the Master Controller - instant babies
    Both fathers will be in the family tree.

Technically, the wish for a baby is filled by adoption. Both of the partners will be completely happy with that. I've done that as well.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    Cate_0014Cate_0014 Posts: 765 New Member
    edited June 2013
    This is the video I used to help me with MODS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ISOSZVPYI

I think using mastercontroller is the best bet, since both men will be listed as the father!
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2013
    DarkGamer7 wrote:
    Steffstar wrote:

Yeah. Jaimey, my current heir for my legacy, has both her dads listed as father.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Alright! thanks all, i'll try those out then!
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would impregnate one male sim by the other using a mod. They will both have the wish fulfilled, and the genetics will carry on.

I think Twallans Master Controller can do this. Probably your best option if you don't mind mods. And this particular mod doesn't negatively affect uploads to the site in any way, meaning it doesn't attach to creations you wish to share on the exchange.

Master Controller is by far the most useful tool/mod I've ever installed, that and overwatch (fixes stuck sims, removes excess vehicles, turns off tv and radios left on throughout the hood etc etc etc), and error trap. I am also very fond of debug enabler. :wink:

Those who boast about playing mod free, yay! I have not been able to play this game mod free, not because I want to cheat, but because my game won't work after around 2 or 3 generations in one family. The neighborhoods always become corrupt beyond repair at that point. Using overwatch, errortrap and mc I have been able to play my games far past what I used to be able to. Overwatch fixes all the minor things that bog down the game, errortrap allows you to fix issues that would render your game corrupt and unplayable, and mc allows me to fix any other issues that may come up (like the family tree being broken).

Plus being able to add skills, ltr rewards, and outfits to sims to fit their personalities before I upload them allows for more individual and unique sims.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    DarthOmixDarthOmix Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2013
    If anyone's still having problems with this, I believe having a "Genetically Engineered Baby" in Oasis Landing from Into the Future might work and do know that the "Door of Life and Death" from Grim's Ghastly Manor in the store will definitely work.
  • Options
    CalvinBruce_ukCalvinBruce_uk Posts: 576 Member
    edited November 2013
    Where is the option for instant baby in master controller?
    Must admit I've not really explored this mod completely, I'm still finding out the things it can do!