Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is dragon valley worth buying? - Question for those who have bought and played

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited June 2013
    If anyone else wants to see:

screenshot_original.jpg

and now I'm going to abandon my hidden springs and head on over to Dragon valley.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2013

MV and DV my 2 favorite towns I cannot pick one over the other (besides that I have more build investment in MV, which doesn't count for another player ;D)

I've done so much in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for my supernaturals....But the buildings and roads in DV are amazing. My only thing is, I wonder if I can put fog in DV like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, or is fog just for 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited June 2013

MV and DV my 2 favorite towns I cannot pick one over the other (besides that I have more build investment in MV, which doesn't count for another player ;D)

I've done so much in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for my supernaturals....But the buildings and roads in DV are amazing. My only thing is, I wonder if I can put fog in DV like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, or is fog just for 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

If that is you concern I'd personally just place fog emitters on frequented lots or set season to a fall/winter? But is is not as hazy and foggy as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (which is my fave EP world :D). Hues wise it is like a hybrid of MV warm sun and the WA china world for vivid green and red landscaping.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2013
    Placing fog emitters is better than nothing. Thank you. :wink:
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited June 2013
    Placing fog emitters is better than nothing. Thank you. :wink:

np ;D
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2013
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Dragon Valley is my new favorite town in the Sims 3. With Monte Vista being a close second. Here's why...

1. This town is gorgeous and loaded with charming details.
    2. The addition of dragons is fun.
    3. The price is GREAT! Here's why- the venue is not included in the town, this allows players to decide if they want the venue or if they would rather spend the points on other content. I hope to see EA do this more in the future. I chose the venue because my kids were all about the black dragon.
    4. There is a lot of bang for you buck which has been an issue in previous towns and stuff packs.

Now for anyone going into this thinking oh I'm supposed to be stepping back in time... THINK AGAIN.

Try to envision this world as a theme park version of a medieval town. It's kinda like Busch Gardens Williamsburg without the amusement park rides. If you take that into account- Dragon Valley is a fantastic new setting for your Sims to live out their lives.