May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating Game With CC

I know we are going to have updates and patch updates coming up here soon. And Im still rather confused on how I update the game with CC involved. I got all my cc from the exchange from downloading Sims and other stuff as well.

In The Sims 3 game launcher installed content section I see a "Run without custom contain" do I just push that and wait for the game to update. Than once its down do I just un-click it or is there more to it?

As well if we have a patch update do I still have to do it?

Probably a lot of questions and I feel so stupid asking them but please help :oops: :oops: :?: :?:

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've never bothered changing anything or removing launcher installed CC and never had a problem - except when the pets patch changed the slotting and broke every CC surface there was a couple of years ago.

The one you need to remove to update is your Mods folder if you use package file mods and cc - then you just drag that folder to your desktop, update, put it back and see if everything still works, remove what doesn't until it's updated.

Hair, clothing and objects are rarely a problem, it's mods that usually need to be updated for each patch.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited May 2013
    I update and install expansions and stuff packs differently. Here is my guide: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/657008.page

• Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks everyone. I don't really use mods because I have no clue how to install them. I rather just paly the game with what I get.

Also thanks Browin2 the guide helped me a lot. I love your way a lot better.