Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Double-Billed For Purchase Of Dragon Valley...Please Help

This is my first post so of course it would have to be for a problem. I found in my billing history that I was billed twice for Dragon Valley (it shows up twice in my purchase history also). I also see I have double for the purchase of "March 2013 Compilation" (should only have been once). I used my 1900 Simpoints to purchase the Duke of Bows Ren. Fair then decided to get some things from my Wishlist. I started out with about 10700 Simpoints before I went into my Wishlist (now showing just over 4200). Had only gotten the compilation, the gothique window, and the double down poker/roulette bundle before I had to stop shopping for a while to take care of some things and when I came back I found these problems. Could somebody please help me figure this out? I really can't afford to lose $36.93! Thanks in advance.
Call me Dee :p
Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello and welcome to ghe forums.

Firstly you will need to write down exactly what happened in the order it happened including when you realised what had happened.
    Give as much detail as possible and get screenshots if possible.

Then contact customer support. You can find their details on the origin page under help. You'll need to answer a series of questions before you'll find the spot you need. Questions like what platform you are on (PC or Mac) and a few other things. Then you will get a link to click for live chat or a phone number to call. Expect a long wait. Probably over an hour. But you should follow it up ASAP to have a better chance of getting the out one you want.

Good luck. ( I've been successful with this sort of thing in the past. You just have to know what happened and know what you want and specifically ask for your money back. They won't volunteer to do it. )
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you are in the USA or Canada phone them on their toll free line.
    You will have a longggggggggggg wait before you hear a human voice
    but it has always been the best option for me.
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've been on hold for "live chat" for about 2 1/2 hours now. Is this normal?
  • Options
    privateer3privateer3 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited May 2013
    They double billed my PayPal account, so I disputed the duplicate transaction. And it STILL doesn't show in my purchase history, so pretty soon I am going to dispute the other transaction too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's been over 3 hours now. Does anyone have a suggestion? I cannot sit here for extended lengths of time. I am caretaker for my 87 year old mother who suffered a fall in February and broke her shoulder and her femur so I have to be able to assist her as she needs it. Would just like this taken care of as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have now disputed both charges made against my PayPal account because EA is not delivering the product they double charged me for to being with.

The heck with Dragon Valley, it isn't worth $70.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Went back and changed "live chat" to "call me". After about 2 hrs got a call from Josh in Customer Service who advised me I can get a refund of $36.93 after charge finishes processing. Just have to call them back after I get the email. He also checked on the double purchase of the March compilation and got authorization to refund 2900 Simpoints to my account. Very pleased with this outcome. He was super helpful. Thanks, Josh. Also, thank you to all who offered advice.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I was in live chat, typed in my problem, and then nothing.

Five minutes. No response.

Had no chance to change it to "call me".

I can't believe EA is doing this to so many people, it is unbelievable they would double charge and not even deliver the product, and then not even answer the question on live chat.

And they want me to get excited about Sims 4 ? I don't think so.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    Went back and changed "live chat" to "call me". After about 2 hrs got a call from Josh in Customer Service who advised me I can get a refund of $36.93 after charge finishes processing. Just have to call them back after I get the email. He also checked on the double purchase of the March compilation and got authorization to refund 2900 Simpoints to my account. Very pleased with this outcome. He was super helpful. Thanks, Josh. Also, thank you to all who offered advice.

Well done.

Also, when they process the refund check your card until the reversal goes onto it. I found after a month nothing had happened so I went to my bank and they found it immediately - somehow the bank hadn't matched the refund with me or my card until I queried it.
  • Options
    northangel27northangel27 Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Where is live chat for customer care? I've looked all over the sims3 site and can't find any contact info for customer care anywhere. I need to get a hold of them, also about Dragon Valley.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Where is live chat for customer care? I've looked all over the sims3 site and can't find any contact info for customer care anywhere. I need to get a hold of them, also about Dragon Valley.

I find it under Origin Help menu. You have to dig around a bit and answer a few questions but it eventually leads you to the point where you can click Live Chat. It will probably be a long wait today as there will be lots of people with problems.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Privateer3--I just abandoned the "live chat" request. I then went into Origin again and went through all the steps but instead of hitting the "live chat" button hit the "call me" button. More questions pop up (first name and phone number) and then send request. He called back in about 2 hours (they're probably pretty busy today).
  • Options
    paraselenicparaselenic Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2013
    If you've been double billed through paypal and are having trouble resolving the issue through EA support you can report through paypal and they can get your money back. Also contact your bank if you used a credit/visa card to pay.

I'm having problems too. I paid extra for the 1900 simpoints and having received them. And customer support is such a headache with EA -.-
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    It's been over 3 hours now. Does anyone have a suggestion? I cannot sit here for extended lengths of time. I am caretaker for my 87 year old mother who suffered a fall in February and broke her shoulder and her femur so I have to be able to assist her as she needs it. Would just like this taken care of as soon as possible.

Isn't there an option for somebody to call you back if you can't wait for the live chat?

Has the other posted mentioned get together as much info you have about what happened and provide them with a copy of statements, paper work, ect!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    lucelielucelie Posts: 116
    edited June 2013
    Wow, now I do not dare buy anything until EA do not write that problems are resolved I will not risk it. I'd rather stay without knowing who are the dragons. Good luck to the boys!