Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My idea on how we can bring back the ability to play multiple families in a world.

Don't you guys miss how in TS2 you had your neighborhood filled with your lots, your families and made it your own place. Im tired of making a new neighborhood in the sims 3 all the time, especially replacing lots and putting down lots and edit lots all the time. If i had two families i would play in Lucky Palms for example, one family would get married, have babies and all that when im playing the other. Thats why i think in the TS4 neighborhood we should have the ability to turn off story progression on some families. Just simply going into edit town mode, click on a house and the family information pops up as usual. Theres usually just evict family, change to active household and things like that. Between those buttons could be turn off story progression.
What i mean by turning off story progression is by letting them not marry anyone, move houses, have a kid or anything like that. So when i leave the family and play another in the town they would stand exactly where they were when i left them. This doesnt mean they cant go to the park or nightclubs or not seeing them anywhere in town, but just stopping them from doing things i didnt make'em do.

I will try to edit this post so it makes more sense later for now i just wanted to get this idea out before i go to class and hopefully hear your ideas. Please respect others opinions as usual. I would be pleased if you have your own ideas too. Oh and it isnt necessary but im not that good at English but i try my hardest.

Comments

• Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree 150% with You!
    I miss how in TS1 and TS2 when you played lets say-- Claire Charming and made her meet Michael Bachelor, and make'em fall in 'Lurve' than you could switch over to Ginia Kat and have her do something, then switch to Michael and play his side of the story.

With TS3, if I switched over to Ginia, Michael and Claire would of already probably gotten married and had at least two kids and a dog.

I fully support this idea.
    Thanks for bringing it up! :]
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want this back 100% ^.^
    This is the feature I've missed most, and probably the reason I haven't played The Sims 3 for a while :P
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

I've always wanted something like this since I first played TS3. Some families can go on with their lives and it wouldn't bother me but I would also like to keep a few to my own storyline. :D

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes!! I've wanted this back more than anything!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like this idea. Most families, I don't mind them going about doing their own thing, but there are some I want total control of.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yep, I miss playing more families too. I get bored with just one family
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    vllygrlvllygrl Posts: 31 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree! Multiple families is how I like to play, and for some of the challenges that I like/play, you really need multiple families. :)
  • Options
    Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow that is a great idea! What a simple way to give us the best of both worlds! I really hope the developers see this post :D
  • Options
    DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2013
    An interesting idea, but I'd like to see it go further. Instead of just completely disabling Story Progression for certain families, I'd like to be able to choose individual things that Story Progression can or can't do with certain families. Maybe I want some sims to be able to go steady with other sims but not get married, or get married but not have children. If my sims did have children, I'd like to have the option to choose exactly how many they're allowed to have. I'd also like the option to pick which families are allowed to have pets, what kind of pets, and how many pets in total they can have.

Most importantly, I'd like to be able to choose which sims are allowed to move and which ones are allowed to be kicked out of town entirely. I go to a lot of trouble to find the right lots for the right sims and find it a little frustrating when the game decides to move sims around to places that don't even fit them just because they earned a certain amount of money.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2013
    DragonWyng wrote:
    An interesting idea, but I'd like to see it go further. Instead of just completely disabling Story Progression for certain families, I'd like to be able to choose individual things that Story Progression can or can't do with certain families. Maybe I want some sims to be able to go steady with other sims but not get married, or get married but not have children. If my sims did have children, I'd like to have the option to choose exactly how many they're allowed to have. I'd also like the option to pick which families are allowed to have pets, what kind of pets, and how many pets in total they can have.

Most importantly, I'd like to be able to choose which sims are allowed to move and which ones are allowed to be kicked out of town entirely. I go to a lot of trouble to find the right lots for the right sims and find it a little frustrating when the game decides to move sims around to places that don't even fit them just because they earned a certain amount of money.
    Thats when Twallan Master Control comes in handy and you can just get rid of everyone in the town and basically have the entire town to your self.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited May 2013
    I know you want this for Sims 4, but if you want this for your game NOW (Sims 3) I would recommend googling NRaas Story Progession.

It is a mod that will let you do all of this. And it's a scripting mod, which means if you don't want it in your game anymore, just delete it and everything goes back to the way it was.
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love this idea! I play multiple families and though I want the rest of the town to carry on, I had to cut off story progression for the game because one of the families I played regularly moved away! Luckily I saved the game a Sim day before they moved, thank heavens!

But even playing with story progression turned off for the game, some things still progress. I leave a household for a day and suddenly they have a cat :? A cat who had kittens :shock: And they called one of the Sims in the household I was currently playing saying they have kittens up for adoption. This has happened so many times with cats, dogs, and horses in the families I play, then I have to go and get rid of them... it's tiring!

Even when I do get the household a pet myself before moving to another household, if I leave that household (with story progression for the game off) and that pet is not expecting, I don't want to come back and see them with a litter of their own.

And sometimes the Sims suddenly have jobs. Story progression is off, but you have a job or a profession? And it's usually always as a stylist. Better story progression (both on and off with specific household options) would save me from so many of the 'When the heck did that happen?!?!' moments that I've had with the Sims 3, lol.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    MissOzzylowMissOzzylow Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree with this post. It was my one thing I didn't like about sims 3.
  • Options
    cwurts00cwurts00 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree that we need multiple families in one world, but I would also want to knock out the open world completely. We need multiple save slots - when you switch families, you not only lose control of the story progression, but also the progression of your skills, motives, and career levels, and the time management strategy you have set up to make sure they go to work with full motives.
  • Options
    TinkerballTinkerball Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    The way I was thinking about it, you wouldn't have to turn off story progression entirely. Instead, you can just set up the things you would like each family/family member to be able to do while you're away with another family. To clarify, currently, once you switch families, you lose all wants, etc. In the TS4, they can make it where you can select the actions for those slots and that would be what your Sims will focus on until you return (in addition to taking general care of themselves, go to work/school, etc.). That way, your Sims are still active and engaged in the neighborhood while you're working on something else and you don't have to bother with the business of negating all the different things you don't want them to be able to accomplish.

On a side note, I enjoy the funny little things that happen in the lives of my Sims when I'm not looking. Except when they start a relationship or have a baby with the wrong person. That has been an issue at times.

• Options
    Beowolf7773Beowolf7773 Posts: 44 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I feel another good thing would be able to switch families during game play. Have it to where your selected family is the family with progression, when you switch to another family, progression stops with the other and picks up with the selected family. I was mad the first time I put two families in a town, when I went back to 1st family the adults had died.
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree and miss this ability as well,but why not when we choose a town have to the ability to set that game like we do with the vampires to being able to play with a certain amount of families or let it be open neighborhood setting.I hope they add this ability before going to sims4 for those that may not be able to go to the next series.