Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gothique Library

Hello,

This is my first time posting, I hope you are all well.

I am thinking of buying the Gothique Library (especially as it is currently on sale) but I don't want it as a library, I want it as a home.

My questions are:
1. Can I do that?
2. Does anyone have floorplans/pictures so I can see it to help make up my mind?

It's gone midnight here in London so I'm off to bed. Good night all and thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,900 Member
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to the forums!

I believe you should be able to convert the library into a residential lot in 'Edit Town'

You may need to change the lot type from Residential to Community in order to place it in town (I did) and then you can switch it back again in the same way.

Hope that makes sense, I'll try to restate/clarify if necessary
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello and welcome to the forums! :-) I have the library, but I haven't put it in my game yet and have no pics of the inside, etc, but I am sure some other simmers may have some.

I do know, however, that you can change any lot from community to residential and visa/versa by selecting the lot type from the drop-down menu when or after you have placed the lot. :wink:

Have a good night and sleep well!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that it is a venue and it needs to be placed on a community lot. I think you'd have to change the lot type after you placed the library.

It is an interesting building with many levels and interesting little rooms to explore. It also comes with the spell book and that can be a lot of fun.

Once you have it converted to a residence and have made all the changes you want to it, then you could save the converted lot to your library as a lot instead of a venue and then you could add it to your new games as a residential lot. And still have the library venue in your venues so you could still use it as a library later on if you wanted to.
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    The problem is that it is a venue and it needs to be placed on a community lot. I think you'd have to change the lot type after you placed the library.

It is an interesting building with many levels and interesting little rooms to explore. It also comes with the spell book and that can be a lot of fun.

Once you have it converted to a residence and have made all the changes you want to it, then you could save the converted lot to your library as a lot instead of a venue and then you could add it to your new games as a residential lot. And still have the library venue in your venues so you could still use it as a library later on if you wanted to.

Yes, you are correct. It will first have to be placed on a community lot and then have the lot type changed. :-)

That Spellbook is VERY expensive also, I hear, so it would be good to place a copy as a library so your sims could go use it there instead of having to buy it, unless of course you have very rich sims or like to use money cheats to get things. :wink:

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Daleyetton wrote:
    Hello,

This is my first time posting, I hope you are all well.

I am thinking of buying the Gothique Library (especially as it is currently on sale) but I don't want it as a library, I want it as a home.

My questions are:
    1. Can I do that?
    2. Does anyone have floorplans/pictures so I can see it to help make up my mind?

It's gone midnight here in London so I'm off to bed. Good night all and thanks in advance for any advice.

I think it would make quite a good gothic home, and the windows and furniture that come with this set are really good if you like gothic style.

The annoying thing about this venue is that it in on a non standard lot size (what are they thinking of when they create these venues???), its on 40x30 so you either have to
    1. find a ready created 40x30 lot, bulldoze whatever is on it and then place this lot
    2. Get the mod from mod the sims that allows you create a custom lot size in edit town
    or 3. Place the venue on a 40x40.

I have taken some screenshots of the layout for you, strangely it already has a bedroom on the top floor, so maybe when they designed this lot they put the bedrooom in to suggest that this could also be used as a home.

I like your idea of having this as a home, I might do that myself. Although the venue comes with the premium content Spell book thing, I dont see it in the venue anywhere. There is an odd spawner in the very lowest basement, ive no idea what it does and it does not seem to appear in buydebug, but the lot can be turned into residential as ive done it in game to test. It costs just over $170k as a home. The spellbook costs $72,000 in game to add to the venue, so that would make the lot cost just over $250k if you added that in.

Here is a link to a sideshow, im also in UK and its 2am I think so im too tired and lazy to post the pics indiviually here.

http://s997.photobucket.com/user/zabydecolicious/slideshow/gothique library

• Options
    DaleyettonDaleyetton Posts: 110 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you folks for your responses and advice. Thanks litabelaqua for the slideshow I love the layout especially the courtyard.

Roll on payday on Friday as I know what I'll be getting now :lol:

Thanks again.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Daleyetton wrote:
    Thank you folks for your responses and advice. Thanks litabelaqua for the slideshow I love the layout especially the courtyard.

Thanks again.

Meh... payday pah! Happy Bank Holiday, enjoy the library :)
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    I know there is at least one fantastic simer who has converted it to a residentail brb with link
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just now got the Gothic Library w/Magic Spell Book, as it is on sale in the Store right now, at what I thought was a pretty good price. Haven't played with it yet though, but enjoy yours!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also the library is part of the current DD rotation. If it makes it that far the library will be available for 600 sp. Currently scheduled to appear on the 29th, but with stuff selling out early could come around sooner.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    Daleyetton wrote:

Thanks again.

Meh... payday pah! Happy Bank Holiday, enjoy the library :)

Aww... seeing random acts of kindness like this makes me really happy! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just hope he sees it lol, I wish we had some kind of notification when a gift has been accepted, otherwise you just wonder if they got it or not. Anyway, it was a great idea to turn it into a home and im definately going to try that out.
  • Options
    DaleyettonDaleyetton Posts: 110 Member
    edited May 2013
    Blimey just got home from Sunday dinner at the folks to find your extremely kind and unexpected gift litabelaqua.

As a first time poster I was only hoping for advice so this is above and beyond. Thank you so much and I am now going to load it and spend the rest of Sunday tinkering (thankfully it's a Bank Holiday tomorrow as I don't think I'll hear the call of my bed till late).

Cheers again.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Yayy! you got it! Please let us know how it turns out as a home :)
  • Options
    ZeulaZeula Posts: 506 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I modeled several houses in my town after the style of the Library. I love it. I believe I even have my favourite one available in the exchange. It's called the Little Gothique Manor. Love that house. My family still lives there. Feel free to download it. :3

(Edit): I haven't uploaded creations in like 9 months. I have so many more new ones to put up!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2013
    Zeula wrote:
    I modeled several houses in my town after the style of the Library. I love it. I believe I even have my favourite one available in the exchange. It's called the Little Gothique Manor. Love that house. My family still lives there. Feel free to download it. :3

(Edit): I haven't uploaded creations in like 9 months. I have so many more new ones to put up!

I'm going to check out your creations because I really like this look. :wink:

In The Gothique Library I added icecream and coffee. Yeah I know, ice cream all over the books, but my sims get hungry and it's safe for the old books. lol

8850332620_60da1b1cfc_c.jpg

Also, for the Olympian Physique, I was trying to capture that Gothique Library look too. Then I realized, it doesn't look as "old" as the library. But I'm still working on it little by little.

8849679461_abfbb8909a_c.jpg

8849679359_6a2cc118a0_c.jpg
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have considered making this a home a vampric home myself just never got around to it I love the gargoyle columns and used the Mounted Candle Box more often than I thought.

I got mine on sale and recommend if anyone is to get it to do it on sale (especially if they have the PC from another set like More Magic! or Dark Dealings, cause yes I have all three due to not researching planning well).

Happy Simming :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Zeula wrote:

I'm going to check out your creations because I really like this look. :wink:

In The Gothique Library I added icecream and coffee. Yeah I know, ice cream all over the books, but my sims get hungry and it's safe for the old books. lol

8850332620_60da1b1cfc_c.jpg

Also, for the Olympian Physique, I was trying to capture that Gothique Library look too. Then I realized, it doesn't look as "old" as the library. But I'm still working on it little by little.

8849679461_abfbb8909a_c.jpg

8849679359_6a2cc118a0_c.jpg

BlkBarbiegal, I love your Olympian Physique remake! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thanks hon. :D

I absolutely love your work. Steampunk is another awesome look. We had a survey some time ago about what we would like to see in future, well I agreed with you and one other person for the Steampunk/victorian package. The way you described it was awesome. lol Hopefully an upcoming store world and decor. ;)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thanks hon. :D

I absolutely love your work. Steampunk is another awesome look. We had a survey some time ago about what we would like to see in future, well I agreed with you and one other person for the Steampunk/victorian package. The way you described it was awesome. lol Hopefully an upcoming store world and decor. ;)

Thank you and I would be in heaven, you'll have to drag me kicking and screaming from my Sims 3 :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thank you and I would be in heaven, you'll have to drag me kicking and screaming from my Sims 3 :P

LOLOL! :P
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited May 2013

LOLOL! :P

:P ;)
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited May 2013
    Daleyetton wrote:
    Blimey just got home from Sunday dinner at the folks to find your extremely kind and unexpected gift litabelaqua.

As a first time poster I was only hoping for advice so this is above and beyond. Thank you so much and I am now going to load it and spend the rest of Sunday tinkering (thankfully it's a Bank Holiday tomorrow as I don't think I'll hear the call of my bed till late).

Cheers again.

Lita is awesome. Congratulations on your library. It really does make a great home, but I always struggle with the kitchen placement. Show us pictures of yours so I can get some ideas :).
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Idontrcall, do you have pics of yours to share? :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think I do ... I typically just take pictures for contests. Next time I'm in game I'll see if I can find it and take some pix.

I always would change it into a house or a Vampire Lounge. I didn't like it as a library.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh