Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crest Falls - My first CAW World! [WIP]

WillikesartWillikesart Posts: 98 New Member
Hi, so this is my first world ever. I recently started. I figured it'd be more fun to do each piece of the world so I'm not overwhelmed at once with all the terrain painting or I'm overwhelmed with all the sculpting or building.

Anyways, I hope it really isn't too bad! Trying my best with sculpting and trees and painting right now based on the tutorials that I can understand. Crest Falls is kind of a Sun Lit Tide crossed with Aurora Skies.

afNHX5c.jpg

I kind of want it to have that sandy kind of feel, but also the inner-forest kind of homey feel. So I kept the grass light, and tried to keep everything sandy-ish. A vacation/livable place. As I know that my Sims could live in Aurora Skies, but Sun Lit Tides is more of a vacation spot than a livable place. You'll find a town community, and some more vacation areas and beachfront homes later on. They'll be several rivers too. So I figured, I'd combine the best of both worlds in this world! :) Hope you like it. More screenshots to come.

Update: Here's a direct overview of the world, some trees and other enviroment and tree items have disappeared due to the height I'm at. This is part of the actual falls area. (Falls haven't been added yet.) I have yet to add a bridge on the other side and finish the road on this little river-cut island.

iWaHkT2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2013
    This looks like a very promising start! I'm liking the sandy textures. :D

However, I do see one thing that could be a potential problem. It looks like some of your lots are overlapping onto the road/sidewalk.
  • Options
    WillikesartWillikesart Posts: 98 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, it's not overlapping onto the road, just the textures that are surrounding them to make them more sandy. :)