Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Riverview

I know this world is extremely old and free, but I never put a family in it before. Is it worth starting a family on this world or am I better off sticking to other worlds such as Hidden Springs and Aurora Skies. Any input will be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really like Riverview. And when I delete most of the community lots and place my "multi-lots" there are plenty of lots to place homes/households and some unique community lots.
  • Options
    Effix79Effix79 Posts: 500 Member
    edited May 2013
    We don't know what you prefer, I would just check it out and see if you like it. Loading it up shouldn't take as long as a world that you've been playing for a while.

What I don't like about it:
    - No beaches
    - Looks too much like my real surroundings
    BIGSbne.jpg
  • Options
    amberaura23amberaura23 Posts: 434 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I say it's worth checking out simply because it's free! I played in it for awhile, it's pretty cool. However, I would say there are more exciting worlds to play in. It has some pretty cool lots. There's one park that I absolutely loved, but I can't remember the name of it. Don Lothario makes an appearance in Riverview, and there's some pretty countryside in it.
  • Options
    vermesmikevermesmike Posts: 106 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'll check it out, just to do it. I like the nature-friendly worlds, which is why I listed Hidden Springs and Aurora Skies. Might as well! Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm currently playing my legacy in Riverview. I like it, especially since I've edited it. I don't like the pool. I wish it was an outdoor pool, that's probably why I don't send my Sims to it frequently. I like the river and every summer send my Sims to swim there. I will be moving the 4th generation of my legacy to starlight shores for a change.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like riverview, apart from some of the buildings so I normally edit it,

mts as a riverview empty which I normally use to recreate the farming type worlds and have added more farming buildings in it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just feel like NOBODY plays the worlds that first came out anymore. Even Twinbrook, Sunset Valley, etc. I can't say I'm any different because I've been on Aurora Skies and Sunlit Tides lately. For some reason, I just feel like the newer worlds always seem to have more glitches. I guess that's why I'm somewhat motivated to go back to the basic worlds.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,569 Member
    edited May 2013
    vermesmike wrote:
    I just feel like NOBODY plays the worlds that first came out anymore. Even Twinbrook, Sunset Valley, etc. I can't say I'm any different because I've been on Aurora Skies and Sunlit Tides lately. For some reason, I just feel like the newer worlds always seem to have more glitches. I guess that's why I'm somewhat motivated to go back to the basic worlds.
    I think Sunset Valley has always stayed popular with quite a lot of people :wink:

I play most of the worlds and do it with a different family in each, on a rotation basis. So each week I will spend time in RV, SV, TB, ST, MV, AS, AP & 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I like all of those very much.

One of my favourite families comes from Riverview (Hannah and Aiden Jones in their big house on the hill).
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have an older save in Riverview; I took Liam O'Dourke from Hidden Springs, got him a wife from the Wishing Well that I added to the world, and they had 5 kids when I last played: Brandon, Sarah, Gerald, Darren, and Anwen. I pull it out and play it occasionally.

Riverview has some really nice houses for families with plenty of space. And I like the collection of Sims in town, though the Brokes and the Shallows tend to take over all the cheap houses so there's no place for Sims starting out to live (fortunately Liam and Rebekah have a ton of money so they were able to start Brandon out right in a nice house right down the street).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    vermesmike wrote:
    I think Sunset Valley has always stayed popular with quite a lot of people :wink:

I play most of the worlds and do it with a different family in each, on a rotation basis. So each week I will spend time in RV, SV, TB, ST, MV, AS, AP & 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I like all of those very much.

One of my favourite families comes from Riverview (Hannah and Aiden Jones in their big house on the hill).

Brandon O'Dourke (son of Liam and his wife Rebekah) is engaged to Hannah and Aiden's daughter, Beatrice. Hopefully NRaas Story Progression will get them married off not long after she graduates from high school (he aged up a couple of days before her).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2013
    To this day I play RV a lot. Not as much as HS, but more than a lot of other worlds.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I still play Riverview, I like the world and it's my favourite to use for farming.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just made a family. The Late Night and Ambitions lots were auto-placed, so I should have plenty to do. I'll give this world a shot, finally'