Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 ideas

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited May 2013
    Rinchan7 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    @richen I don't mean to be rude but i did say it would be a mix of the three generations of sims the traits from sims 3 and the personailty points from 1 and 2.

Yes but I put in my version of how the two could be combined

I did like the first idea of the way you had it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    idea: Career people being able to get promotions by dating boss or co-worker who is in the boss' favour?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ejpoper229ejpoper229 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes that all sounds AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    Rinchan7Rinchan7 Posts: 264 New Member
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    idea: Career people being able to get promotions by dating boss or co-worker who is in the boss' favour?
    wow, i foresee a lot of stories using that (if they haven't already :lol: )
    nice more options, what if they were found out and it could affect relationships with other co-workers
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Would there be something like the H symbol we have currently for 'co-worker' and then whichever one is in favour of the boss, would they have a star next to them? (and also having an otpion to place the star icon next to a person of our choosing?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If there's an acting career in Sims 4. How about the ability for a sim to be in the acting career and also be able to have a part-time job if she/he isn't able to find a film/play/TV show

another idea:
    how about the ability for some sims to have two PT jobs.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    so other thoughts?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    xAmethystxSugarxxAmethystxSugarx Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2013
    This thread needs to be sticky! Loving the ideas so far.

My ideas:

Bring back Honeymoons! In TS2 sims would be able to book a honeymoon prior to the wedding, and a limo would pick them up after the wedding reception.

Girl/Boy Scouts:
    Add to the list of things to do for kids. They could sell cookies, help elders cross the street, and learn various skills. When they get older, they could still talk about having been a scout, and this could have a positive or negative effect on the sim they're speaking to. Maybe even land them a high position in their career if the boss was once a scout.

Hotel Rabithole:
    I think it would be cool to have a hotel in town where young adults could spend a romantic evening (kind of like the spa, but it lasts from 8-72 hours). They would hire a babysitter or nanny who would stay the entire time (they need to provide a bed for them).

Elders should have "Elder Wisdom"
    They could tell stories that teach younger sims things about life. The younger the sim, the more effect it could have on personality traits.

Real Estate Sims should be able to own more than one home in the same town. They could allow their kids to live in their other properties or even rent them out. Could really open up the option of being a landlord or real estate tycoon. One rich family could possibly own most of the town. Sims could protest high rents, call them late at night for repairs, etc. Think of the gameplay options!

Maybe sims could even live in the hotel (still functioning as a rabbithole) until they decide to rent an apartment (and bring back TS2 style apartments!) or buy a home.

Long Distance Relatives The hotel idea got me thinking....why does everyone HAVE to live in town to be related? This one may be a long shot, but why not have the option to "Move to Sim City" instead of simply moving out into a house/apartment? Then family reunions, weddings & birthday parties would be even more special.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This thread needs to be sticky! Loving the ideas so far.

My ideas:

Bring back Honeymoons! In TS2 sims would be able to book a honeymoon prior to the wedding, and a limo would pick them up after the wedding reception.

Girl/Boy Scouts:
    Add to the list of things to do for kids. They could sell cookies, help elders cross the street, and learn various skills. When they get older, they could still talk about having been a scout, and this could have a positive or negative effect on the sim they're speaking to. Maybe even land them a high position in their career if the boss was once a scout.

Hotel Rabithole:
    I think it would be cool to have a hotel in town where young adults could spend a romantic evening (kind of like the spa, but it lasts from 8-72 hours). They would hire a babysitter or nanny who would stay the entire time (they need to provide a bed for them).

Elders should have "Elder Wisdom"
    They could tell stories that teach younger sims things about life. The younger the sim, the more effect it could have on personality traits.

Real Estate Sims should be able to own more than one home in the same town. They could allow their kids to live in their other properties or even rent them out. Could really open up the option of being a landlord or real estate tycoon. One rich family could possibly own most of the town. Sims could protest high rents, call them late at night for repairs, etc. Think of the gameplay options!

Maybe sims could even live in the hotel (still functioning as a rabbithole) until they decide to rent an apartment (and bring back TS2 style apartments!) or buy a home.

Long Distance Relatives The hotel idea got me thinking....why does everyone HAVE to live in town to be related? This one may be a long shot, but why not have the option to "Move to Sim City" instead of simply moving out into a house/apartment? Then family reunions, weddings & birthday parties would be even more special.

love these ideas! What about an heirloom system? An heir loom system would make a very convenient reason to have 'bridal stores' or having a sewing machine..which the sim in question or their parents can make a gown for them.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    if sim parents (or other relative) doesn't have time to teach toddler kids to 'potty' should this lead to 'bed wetting' as a child?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    fears:

women: left at the altar. fire, electrocution,drowning, being cheated on

men-left at the altar, fire, electrocution, drowning, being cheated on

children? Failing school, depending on the traits, being send to boarding school. Not making team/club? Parents dying young?

Teens same as children. But with fire, electrocution, drowning added, parents dying young?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mlucas22mlucas22 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I LOVE most of the ideas for everything but the schooling. I think that for elementary school, kids should have a little bit of homework, go on field trips, and maybe have one fun science project. Like making a volcano or something, just an idea.
    For middle school, kids should have the opportunity to pick classes. Like they can make them advanced or just regular, advanced giving them double the homework/projects. Maybe we could even add in some clubs or sports teams.
    High school! Finally, high school students should be able to pick every class, and be given the choice to make a class regular/honors/ or AP (meaning it counts as a credit in college). High school should also seem more like 4 years. Maybe every year lasts like a sim year? (goes through every season except summer, and you get the designated seasonal days off as a break) And we should definatly have dances like homecoming in the fall, a winter ball, girls choice in the spring. Prom should definatly happen as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mlucas22 wrote:
    I LOVE most of the ideas for everything but the schooling. I think that for elementary school, kids should have a little bit of homework, go on field trips, and maybe have one fun science project. Like making a volcano or something, just an idea.
    For middle school, kids should have the opportunity to pick classes. Like they can make them advanced or just regular, advanced giving them double the homework/projects. Maybe we could even add in some clubs or sports teams.
    High school! Finally, high school students should be able to pick every class, and be given the choice to make a class regular/honors/ or AP (meaning it counts as a credit in college). High school should also seem more like 4 years. Maybe every year lasts like a sim year? (goes through every season except summer, and you get the designated seasonal days off as a break) And we should definatly have dances like homecoming in the fall, a winter ball, girls choice in the spring. Prom should definatly happen as well.

This was kind of what I kind of meant in the school. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was sick on the day you post.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Pumperkin148Pumperkin148 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    :evil:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited June 2013
    Pregnancy - expand the age groups for who can get pregnant, dont have the music play to alert a pregnancy - they should have to go to doctors or hospital to take a test to find out, have birth control option and have failure of that as an extra option, just woohoo and take a chance on unplanned pregnancy, have to go for scans and check ups

The age groups are limited due to ESRB ratings, and asking for them to be expanded is actually against site rules.

I suggest you read this topic:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/410411.page
    Illness and injury - have bones broken, diseases and specific illneses, have treatments that they need to take like antibiotics, asthma inhalers, allergy medicine, acne cream, have accidents like if they are clumsy and a bad cook they could cut themselves, bee stings, pet scratches

How about no to a lot of these? Broken bones are very difficult to deal with for programming and effective impossible in every Sims game to date, the diseases and illnesses have always been limited due to ratings, a lot of people would be offended by asthma included in a humor game, and allergies are no laughing matter.
    Appearance - hair that grows and can be cut, brushed, coloured, restyled at salon or home, acne, dark circles under eyes

This is BARELY possible with games using the highest-end graphics on the market, and even most of them can't attempt it. Sims 4 won't be using the highest-end graphics from what we've seen, so it's not actually possible.
    Outside - grass grows and needs to be mowed, flowers and bushes grow

Works.
    Banks - for loans and mortgages and savings

How about no? Loan systems in video games are always disasters. People treat them like credit cards, with the usual results. Animal Crossing series has a successful system that claims to be loans, but playing the actual game reveals they're really not.
    Courts - for fines, divorces, adoptions

Why? This is totally unnecessary and adds a bit of frustration to the game.
    Church or town hall - for deaths and marriages christenings or naming ceremonies, divorces

No churches. You DO NOT want to see the arguments those would spawn. And divorces are best handled the way they are in Sims 3 to avoid frustration.
    Relationships - spouse/other half knows if you have a child and it isnt theirs and reacts badly or accepts it, chance to adopt a partners children, in divorce the child can go with either parent and go on weekends, evenings for shared custody

How about no? This isn't fun. This actually can make a game very frustrating.
    Weddings - be able to pick best man and matron of honour

That's a very good idea ^^
    Money - if not working be able to get support like income support or welfare

So you want to remove what little challenge the game series has left? Why include this on the same list as loans?
    Theres soooooo many options to make the sims a bit more like real life!!!

*slaps you with the Carp of Common Sense*

This is a video game. Not real life. People play this game to escape real life, not have all of their problems thrown back in their faces.

If you want to experience all of this crap, then get off your butt and go live an actual life.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited July 2013
    Pregnancy - expand the age groups for who can get pregnant, dont have the music play to alert a pregnancy - they should have to go to doctors or hospital to take a test to find out, have birth control option and have failure of that as an extra option, just woohoo and take a chance on unplanned pregnancy, have to go for scans and check ups

The age groups are limited due to ESRB ratings, and asking for them to be expanded is actually against site rules.

I suggest you read this topic:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/410411.page
    Illness and injury - have bones broken, diseases and specific illneses, have treatments that they need to take like antibiotics, asthma inhalers, allergy medicine, acne cream, have accidents like if they are clumsy and a bad cook they could cut themselves, bee stings, pet scratches

How about no to a lot of these? Broken bones are very difficult to deal with for programming and effective impossible in every Sims game to date, the diseases and illnesses have always been limited due to ratings, a lot of people would be offended by asthma included in a humor game, and allergies are no laughing matter.
    Appearance - hair that grows and can be cut, brushed, coloured, restyled at salon or home, acne, dark circles under eyes

This is BARELY possible with games using the highest-end graphics on the market, and even most of them can't attempt it. Sims 4 won't be using the highest-end graphics from what we've seen, so it's not actually possible.
    Outside - grass grows and needs to be mowed, flowers and bushes grow

Works.
    Banks - for loans and mortgages and savings

How about no? Loan systems in video games are always disasters. People treat them like credit cards, with the usual results. Animal Crossing series has a successful system that claims to be loans, but playing the actual game reveals they're really not.
    Courts - for fines, divorces, adoptions

Why? This is totally unnecessary and adds a bit of frustration to the game.
    Church or town hall - for deaths and marriages christenings or naming ceremonies, divorces

No churches. You DO NOT want to see the arguments those would spawn. And divorces are best handled the way they are in Sims 3 to avoid frustration.
    Relationships - spouse/other half knows if you have a child and it isnt theirs and reacts badly or accepts it, chance to adopt a partners children, in divorce the child can go with either parent and go on weekends, evenings for shared custody

How about no? This isn't fun. This actually can make a game very frustrating.
    Weddings - be able to pick best man and matron of honour

That's a very good idea ^^
    Money - if not working be able to get support like income support or welfare

So you want to remove what little challenge the game series has left? Why include this on the same list as loans?
    Theres soooooo many options to make the sims a bit more like real life!!!

*slaps you with the Carp of Common Sense*

This is a video game. Not real life. People play this game to escape real life, not have all of their problems thrown back in their faces.

If you want to experience all of this crap, then get off your butt and go live an actual life.

*applause*
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I agree with most of your points Tayna

But non-biological father should at least know if they haven't had woohoo with their wife/Girlfriend in awhile and the wife/girlfriend is pregnant that the kid isn't theirs. What we have currently is every time a female sim is pregnant even if the kid isn't the husband/boyfriend the husband/boyfriend always 'thumbs up' when the female 'announces pregnancy"

Also there should the chance for kids who parents are separated to see the parent they don't live with. Since the way we have it currently the only way a kid can 'visit' the parent they don't live with is if the parent has kids which are this kid's half or maybe even step siblings. I mean if its the mom the kid lives with the only time the dad is ever is in the kid's life is when the kid's born (if the dad lives in a different household before the birth).

I don't see what's wrong with the idea of the non-biological parent adopting a kid who isn't his (stepson/daughter whether its during or before the marriage). I mean one of my Aunts had a kid from a previous marriage. My Uncle who this aunt married, adopted the little girl when they married.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited July 2013
    Love some of these ideas, especially event planners. I love throwing parties but they always either end sourly, end up being lame, or just don't look like a good time. I also like the idea of having the usual three different schools... and maybe more than one school per town as well! Then maybe there would be real competition and maybe a division between this team and that team or something to make forming a family even more interesting... sports games might have a meaning as well. I always wondered who they were playing against. I mean lumping all the children and teens together doesn't make any sense. Plus... art classes in a school? Why not have a public art/dance studio or something?
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    the animated cartoon Arthur (the one with the ardvark). Shows in at least two eposides an art class in elementary school-so techinally that is fine with me.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    how about the school kids can go to zoo/pioneer village/theme park for field trips?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AdventurousPairAdventurousPair Posts: 1,775 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Everyone has great ideas. I just found out about the fourth installment yesterday, so am just beginning to come up with things. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Here's something if a sim's relative is a wedding planner, cateer, DJ or a Musican. They can get discouts on food,etc or get it for free from their relatives.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    340000453340000453 Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think they should put layers like they did in sims2 ps2 like undershirts and over shirtss and all that
  • Options
    simseatcakesimseatcake Posts: 230 New Member
    edited July 2013
    340000453 wrote:
    I think they should put layers like they did in sims2 ps2 like undershirts and over shirtss and all that

That would be perfect.
  • Options
    Jamima3Jamima3 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I wish sims could get drunk or high on drugs. Then they could be rebellious and have fights and stuff.