The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Music Types?

I love listening to the Sims music groups while playing the Sims. I just was wondering if anyone knew what kind of new music types there will be? I haven't really found anything yet and I am very curious. I am kind of hoping for like a Hawaiian or luau kind of music.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited May 2013
    Simguru Mike says two new radio stations are coming with IP.
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited May 2013
    Simguru Mike says two new radio stations are coming with IP.

Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hope that one will be Caribbean type music: reggae, steel drums, that sort of thing. (Think like "Under The Sea" from The Little Mermaid.)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That's pretty much a given. The song in the trailer is one of the new songs that will be in one of the new stations. It's a caribbean song so I would expect they will add a few with steele drums to the Caribbean Station.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hope that one will be Caribbean type music: reggae, steel drums, that sort of thing. (Think like "Under The Sea" from The Little Mermaid.)

I didn't even think about steel drums or Caribbean music! I cannot wait!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    KyuWolf13 wrote:

Yes the song in the trailer has steele drums. Without these it wouldn't seem like a Caribbean Vacation to me. Isla Paradiso is based off the Caribbean.

Also these 2 new stations will work great in Sunlit Tides.
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's pretty much a given. The song in the trailer is one of the new songs that will be in one of the new stations. It's a caribbean song so I would expect they will add a few with steele drums to the Caribbean Station.

Do you happen to know what the song is, or who sings it? I like it and would like to download it, but haven't been able to figure out the name or group. It's driving me nuts! I even tried using Shazam...apparently it doesn't recognize simlish :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    DCExplorer wrote:

Do you happen to know what the song is, or who sings it? I like it and would like to download it, but haven't been able to figure out the name or group. It's driving me nuts! I even tried using Shazam...apparently it doesn't recognize simlish :oops:

Keep trying Shazam because I have found a few Sim songs using Shazam.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks KyuWolf, I'll give it another chance! So far I've gotten about 5 different song suggestions, but none are correct. Good to know I'm not the only one who has tried to decipher simlish using Shazam :wink:
  • Options
    DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited May 2013
    KyuWolf13 wrote:

Yes the song in the trailer has steele drums. Without these it wouldn't seem like a Caribbean Vacation to me. Isla Paradiso is based off the Caribbean.

Also these 2 new stations will work great in Sunlit Tides.

Good to know! I love Sunlit Tides!! More "drooling" for Island Paradise now!! lol

Thank you for the information, CLP!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    DCExplorer wrote:

That song was made by the sims studio so it isn't available for download.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That song was made by the sims studio so it isn't available for download.

Oh, that's too bad, as it would've helped me with my PEPS! I just thought it was a mainstream song turned into a simlish version. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    New info from Simguru Sarah note one of the new stations is a beach party station.

Bunbunnyny ‏@bunbunnyny 17 May @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruTrev @SimGuruSarah Do you know the name of the song in the Island Paradise trailers? I LOVE original Simlish songs!

Sarah Holding ‏@SimGuruSarah 20 May @bunbunnyny @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruTrev I love it too! It's so catchy! It's called "Uppsie Bray" by The CayMan

Michelle Hilbrands ‏@ProcessDenied 8h @SimGuruSarah @bunbunnyny @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruTrev Are we going to get that song in the game? Or will it be released. I love it too.

Sarah Holding ‏@SimGuruSarah 6h @ProcessDenied @bunbunnyny @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruTrev I am happy to say it is in IP! It's a part of the new Beach Party radio station!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Unfortuanly Uppsie Bray by Cayman isn't on amazon.com mp3's. I was hoping to download it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Beach party radio.....I now have a new favorite music type think you CLP for putting that here!! And I looked up the song and couldn't download it either. Darn...I just wait....33 days to go!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Unfortuanly Uppsie Bray by Cayman isn't on amazon.com mp3's. I was hoping to download it.

Thanks for the info! I was hoping to find a downloadable version of it too:( Well, at least I know the name and artist of the mystery song.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sarah announced the other station today Island Life. Sounds Awesome.

Sarah Holding ‏@SimGuruSarah 21h @sharkloverplaye @ProcessDenied @bunbunnyny @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruTrev The two new radio stations are "Beach Party" and "Island Life"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sarah announced the other station today Island Life. Sounds Awesome.

Sarah Holding ‏@SimGuruSarah 21h @sharkloverplaye @ProcessDenied @bunbunnyny @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruTrev The two new radio stations are "Beach Party" and "Island Life"

These two stations work great with the new world!! I cannot wait to hear the music playing as I play the sims! Thank you CLP for keeping me and the others updated!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I might send some tweets their way and ask them to play them stations during the Next LB while their demoing the ep.