Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Valley

I just wanted some input from fellow simmers. I have a concern with the mini dragons, as it looks like they can set people on fire? NPC sims already have problems feeding themselves so they starve to death, I don't know if I like the thought of more of them dying from a fire. I fix the starvation problem by hiding fridges on every community lot, but I don't know how I'd be able to stop them from starting on fire from a dragon. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps the best thing to do would be to wait until the world is officially released so you can see if this would be an issue. Then you can decided what actions you want to take.

If you would like to speculate, however, you can always put showers on every lot.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    It looks like Sims get singed but not completely burned to death, at least from the shots I've seen. Grim Reaper would probably go on strike with all the extra work. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sims can still be burned to death in Dragon Valley. But the little purple dragon can bring sims back to life. They can also summon other sims to your homelot. :D
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have never seen a witch kill someone by setting them on fire. Not even if I'm the one playing said witch. HOWEVER... if your witch sets fire to the GROUND at another Sim's feet then the resulting flames WILL usually kill the Sim. Ah, EA and the little things that escape them... *cue evil witchy laughter* Ahem. Soooo... I am rather doubting that the dragons will do more than singe Sims. BUT... the evil among us may find a way around that. ;) *cue more evil witchy laughter*
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    edited May 2013
    OP there are no wild dragons so you don't have to worry about that happening. Dragons will be able to kill sims though because I saw one die when a red pet dragon set her on fire. It was in one of the russian videos that was released.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited May 2013
    The green ones don't set sims on fire. They just revive plants/help harvest and etc. So if fire isn't your thing, talk about the weather to a dragon egg and get a green one. They are sweet, not vicious.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I have never seen a witch kill someone by setting them on fire. Not even if I'm the one playing said witch. HOWEVER... if your witch sets fire to the GROUND at another Sim's feet then the resulting flames WILL usually kill the Sim. Ah, EA and the little things that escape them... *cue evil witchy laughter* Ahem. Soooo... I am rather doubting that the dragons will do more than singe Sims. BUT... the evil among us may find a way around that. ;) *cue more evil witchy laughter*
    No, and you probably won't. But I have had one of my sims burned to death because the hand held torch that they was using to sculpt with blew up in their face. I didn't have a bathroom near their sculpting station at the time, and another member of that household couldn't get to them in time. Oh, a lesion in sculpting. Never have a sim sculpt in their skivvies with a torch. Unless you want them to burn to death.:D :lol:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    No, and you probably won't. But I have had one of my sims burned to death because the hand held torch that they was using to sculpt with blew up in their face. I didn't have a bathroom near their sculpting station at the time, and another member of that household couldn't get to them in time. Oh, a lesion in sculpting. Never have a sim sculpt in their skivvies with a torch. Unless you want them to burn to death.:D :lol:

That's why I always put a bathroom near where my sculpting/inventing work area is...and why I'm definitely looking forward to the All-In-One Bathroom because it's going to save me a ton of space.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited May 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

That's why I always put a bathroom near where my sculpting/inventing work area is...and why I'm definitely looking forward to the All-In-One Bathroom because it's going to save me a ton of space.

It's going to save a ton of space on community lots, too. Just plop down six or so of them, and dirty sims can shower as well as taking care of toilet needs. Soooo nice to have.

:shock: They will work on community lots, won't they???
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

I started placing the sculpting, and inventing stations near a bathroom after that. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    amjoie wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

It's going to save a ton of space on community lots, too. Just plop down six or so of them, and dirty sims can shower as well as taking care of toilet needs. Soooo nice to have.

:shock: They will work on community lots, won't they???
    They'll definitely come in handy at the community gym, when it comes to saving space there. :D