Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drew Up A Quick Houseboat Plan

Using the "Curved Bow, Narrow, 14x6" plan, which is quite small to say the least, I drew up a quick plan of my houseboat. Not the best picture, but only one in existance, since my game crashed while saving. :cry::lol: I also got confused as to which way I was building which is why the second floor is not on the first's right.

screenshot_original.jpg

Green is the ladders, which I'd add another on the other end for traffic reasons, yellow lines means a bunk bed. Blue are the all in one bathrooms and I forgot about the steering wheel thing which will go where the empty room is, second floor.

Anyway, there's plenty of room for my 7 sims and room for one more if I want mermaid babies. Even a real bathroom on the second floor. And there's always a cellar for my...perfectly normal 'nectar' storage where nothing magical happens...ever...and a vampire doesn't sleep. The real thing will be a barge probably, but people were thinking they were too small.

Feel free to post your plans and to comment on mine.

Comments

• Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is pure genius and yeah they are small..O.o I think the spacing is smaller than the high rises in Bridgeport.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sam, I like this! There's also this relatively recent thread about building houseboats. Have you seen it? You could post your ideas there, too, as I think they are compiling people's builds and plans.

https://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/677226.page

The best thing is that SimGuruSemedi popped in to give everyone the dimensions:
    Fun thread idea Lisameesims, and I like your Asian houseboat Let me do my part to help out... While you won't be able to take a normal lot and drop it down onto a houseboat, if I share the houseboat sizes you'll at least get a head start on planning what you'll build when Island Paradise releases.

Here are the different sizes you'll get to work with... Remember, on a houseboat you'll be able to build walls all the way to the edge of the boat. If you want to be able to go fishing off your boat, you'll need to leave an open space somewhere along the edge of the hull that's at least 3 tiles long and 2 tiles deep.

Barge, Small - 10x8
    Barge, Medium - 15x10
    Barge, Large - 20x15
    Barge, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Narrow - 14x6
    Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8

Get building!

Now, if only we could get them to tell us the dimensions of the resort towers. I think I'm going to start a new threat about that.

EDIT: Duh! Reading your OP again, it looks like you do already know the houseboat dimensions.

Hope to see more ideas here and I'll try to come up with my own blueprints soon.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would feel bad posting these blueprints in the other thread. That one seems to be for actual builders, and I'm really awful to be honest. Don't want to mess it up. :lol: It's mainly to show how easily you can utilise such a small space for a large family, since people were complaining how small they were. And yeah, I tried to pick the smallest and most awkward on purpose.
  • Options
    belleshirleybelleshirley Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2013
    i can't seem to find the curved bow houseboats. in empty houses in edit town there are 5 square houseboats, but none with a curved bow. can anyone tell me where they are? or is it a glitch in my game? thanks for helping.