Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A quick question. Thank you for your help everyone:-)(solved)

follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
Iam building this little starter for DV and I have fog indoors :shock: is this normal? If not how do I stop it, I have tried turning of the fog in options but that does not work. :? Folly
Screenshot-134_zps14e2c354.jpg

Screenshot-13-1_zps28369df1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited May 2013
    Is there a bit of exterior wall that isn't enclosed? Maybe under a staircase? That tiny wall piece by the bottom step? Somewhere you must have an opening and the game is reading the house as open. Look at your exterior walls, Folly. Is the a roof section that you are using as an exterior wall and maybe a tiny piece got deleated?

And this isn't a basement level, right?

T
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited May 2013
    Or!

You lot has a spawner you didn't know of?

Try testingcheatsenabled on
    Buydebug on

Then look for a spawner or fog emmitor.

Maybe?
    T
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    But, are you sure it's fog? Did something horrible happen in the cottage?
    Did someone eat too much ghost chili? We have to rule out everything before we can proceed! :lol:
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2013
    just fog? No snow or rain? I don't think it's an unenclosed area making the game think it's outside. There was an EP world where I had that happen, I forget which one (I think the one that came with Adventure's?) but it was in houses that were near the swamp area. (I feel like it might have happened in some area's in Supernatural too.) If it's not a the fog emitter thing, maybe it's just the location of the lot?

PS; Nice house! :D
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I think the wall is fine Taryn but I will check out the roof, it is a pagoda roof and there is a small loft in this build so that might be causing the fog. Also I will check for sneaky spawner since I did use Buydebug in this build.
    :lol: Hi Manssom No so far so good in this little cottage, but of late my test sim's have not been very lucky.
    It is just fog Treece it can be snowing ,raining or sunshine outside but the fog is swirling about in my build. :shock: The world is Moonlight Falls I thought that might be a possibility too, I will move a copy of the build to another world.
    Thank you so much for all your help I will hopefully have time later in the day to play and check out all these helpful suggestions. :D I will let you know how it goes. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hmmmmmmmmm....the only thing I can think about is that maybe this is because of the buydebug menu? Never happened to me before. Do you have the greenhouse roof anywhere at the back, as a sunroom roof? That might cause problems too. Good luck Folly. Hope you can fix it. *Hugs*
  • Options
    Larifari2009Larifari2009 Posts: 679 Member
    edited May 2013
    hmm not sure I can contribute anything smart here but try to grab the house and place it on another spot - to see if the fog disappears. I think there are some places in the game where there is fog around so maybe you built on such a lot.

Lari :)

P.S: looks beautiful btw :)
    bannerforum1.jpg

• Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited May 2013
    Folly, I've had that happen before and it was caused by spawners to close to my build? I would look for those first!

The house is fantastic so far by the way! I can't wait to see it on exchange! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A small window of opportunity for some computer time, my daughter has 2 assignments to complete for Uni by tomorrow and needs the computer. :D
    But I wanted first to thank everyone for taking the time to stop by and try to solve this problem. It is a reminder how wonderful the people are here at this forum. :D:D
    The cause of the fog was from me placing a lot in edit town to close to a spawner. It was solved by moving the lot to another world.
    Thank you Judy :D Hugs to all Folly
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2013
    YAY! :D:D Glad you found the problem and was able to fix it. *Yanti makes a mental note for future issues* :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Yanti :D Yes, I think placing the lot in a different position would work too. I learned something new too thanks to Judy. :D