Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~*~The Little Lots Contest~*~ ATTN. bandcampsquirrl, Rayshizzie, & psychochick

6f30355b7c1cb203c61705e00f86cd271428125.jpg

Be they Cottage, Craftsmen, Victorian, Modern, Cabin, or Adobe one thing is for sure... I LOVE THEM!! Little tiny houses are my favorite houses to live in, and build. I have been a big fan of the "Tiny House Movement" for a few years now. (If you don't know what that is, please Google it) I have wanted to host a Tiny Lot contest for a long time now, as they are by far my favorite, and also the most interesting in my opinion. I haven't ever had the chance though, as a lot of people host contests like these often, I don't blame them. These Little Lots Contests are super duper fun! So here I am, hosting this awesome contest... and without further adieu, I present...

The Little Lots Contest!!

For this contest, 4 different size lots will be accepted, and considered "Little" they are:
10x10
10x15
15x20
20x20

What I am looking for is a house of any type built to suit the lot. You may only build up to three (3) stories up. And you may also have only one (1) level basement (you don't have to have a basement at all if you don't want one.) There is absolutely no price limit. Please be as creative as you possibly can be. :) You may use any and all cheats that you know of for this build, but please remember to turn them off when you have finished, and also make sure there are NO routing issues.. one of the most annoying things ever is a Sim, stomping his feet and complaining because he can't use something. You can build your house to suit a single Sim, couple, or family, it is your choice. Please include objects that will enrich your sims lives. You can chose to upgrade stuff, or not. It doesn't matter, and will have no effect in judging. But you MUST play test your house. Routing issues will effect judging. :) This Contest will end on Saturday June 15th at 12 am Pacific standard time. Please have all entries in by then. :)

I would very much greatly appreciate some help with judging by anyone that has custard, and the time to help check out the amazing entries that will soon be showing up.

As always, sponsors are more than welcome to come forward and help out (they are not needed) But greatly appreciated!

PRIZES:

Prizes are being changed due to Ray being super generous again. lol.. please bare with me as I work this out.. *wishes I was good at math* lol

(Prizes may go up, depending on sponsorship, but they will not go down.)

1ST: 1,000 SP. Plus a specially made Base Game friendly creation made by me, just for you.

2ND: 600 SP. Plus up to 100 recs in your studio

3RD: 500 Sp.

4TH: 300 SP.

5TH: 200 SP.

6TH: 190 SP.

6 Honorable mentions 50 Sp.

Sponsors:

Myself = 1,000 SP
Rayshizzie = 1,500 SP.. **thank you very very much!!**
Bandcampsquirl = 500 SP.. **Thank you so so much!!**
PsychoChick966 = 90 SP.. **Thank you soo much hon!!**

Comments

• Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited May 2013
    RULES:

1: This should go without saying, Your creation that you turn in must be your own. Should I find out that you have plagiarized someone elses hard work you will be disqualified, and kicked out of the contest.

2: This Must be a new build, and cannot have an upload date before 5/12/13.

3: Absolutely NO CC, or CAP patterns please.

4: No being rude, mean ect. name calling, and dirt flinging do not belong here, and wont be tolerated. Those who break this rule will be disqualified no questions asked.

5: Your entry must be built on one of the following size lots listed in the first post, it is after all a tiny house. :)

6: You may enter as many times as you chose, but please pick only ONE (1) that you want to be judged. You may do this by stating so on your post.

7: When posting pictures of your lot, please limit it to FIVE (5) so we don't break the thread. If you have additional pictures feel free to post a link to a slideshow, or site you have them hosted on.

8: Have fun... This is a very serious rule, You absolutely MUST have fun. :P

I reserve the right to add, and change the rules as I see fit, Providing I have missed something. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Judging Criteria:

Possible score of 70

routing issues will cost 5 points per routing issue that is found.

1: Architecture: 10

2: interior design: 10

3: Landscaping: 10

4: Description/Presentation: 10

5: Creativity: 10

6: Wow factor: 10

7: Name: 5

8: Entry form: 5

Judges:

1: Myself
    large.jpg
    Just my studio, nothing else to see.. move along. :)

2: Rayshizzie
    large.jpg
    A wonderfully juicy WL just dying to be disturbed. :)

3: Bandcampsquirrl
    large.jpg
    Another really juicy WL just waiting to be disturbed. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Entry Form:

Name:
    Name of build:
    Type of house:
    Download link:
    Description:
    Pictures:

:) = Interested
    :mrgreen: = Turned in clean
    :cry: = dropped out
    :oops: = CC was found
    :evil: = Kicked out

Entries:

1: BekahSue :mrgreen:link
    2: Walkingstick :mrgreen:link
    3: 40675672 :mrgreen:link
    4: SeriphinaFyie :)
    5: suepea :mrgreen:link
    6: whatsociallife :)
    7: Sonia016 :)
    8: marystarbright :)
    9: Jessabeans :mrgreen:link
    10: Dorymae :)
    11: baxter_milo :mrgreen:link
    12: QuiBeMe :mrgreen:link
    13: colton147 :mrgreen:link
    14: YellowJane :mrgreen:link
    15: ELIROC :mrgreen:link Judge this one
    16: 6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA :mrgreen:link
    17: Kariussa :mrgreen:link judge this one
    18: Rawr2019 :mrgreen:link
    19: Spunke :mrgreen:link
    20: luckyheather :mrgreen:link
    21: HarleyJean :mrgreen:link
    22: rattbait :mrgreen:link
    23: sashraf :mrgreen:link
    24: tristarin :mrgreen:link
    25: nyxi :mrgreen:link
    26: stevesuzz :mrgreen:link
    27: Sandraelle :mrgreen:link
    28: ArretStrife :mrgreen:link
    29: GreenDream19 :mrgreen:link
    30: LilgirlShadow :mrgreen:link
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Winners:

1ST: Sashraf
    2ND: 40675627
    3RD: Eliroc
    4TH: suepea
    5TH: walkingstick
    6TH: Tristarin

HONORABLE MENTIONS

in no particular order:

1. lilgirlshadow
    2. greendream
    3. Sandraelle
    4. luckyHeather
    5. Rawr
    6. Kariussa
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You may now post!!! :) have fun
  • Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    edited May 2013
    This looks like a fun challenge!! I love trying to be creative on teeny tiny lots :D

This next week is busy for me, but I'll have an entry in by the deadline for sure.

Bookmarked and I'll be checking back in when I have time :)
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes please. Sign me up :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    added both of you, I cant wait to see your entries. :)
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'M IN LOVE WITH TINY HOUSES!

Totally joining ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    40675672 wrote:
    I'M IN LOVE WITH TINY HOUSES!

Totally joining ;)

Yaay!! :) i will add you
  • Options
    RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello! Are you still looking for help with judging? I absolutely love looking through builds made by the many talented simmers in this community..Oh and I do have a tiny bit of experience if it's necessary, as I have hosted 2 of my own contests..just an fyi :P
  • Options
    ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oooh... I love this! I might enter, but I'll try to let you know by June 5 because if you still need a judge by then I might do that, instead. If I do judge, I can even sponsor a few points, if you'd like.

I'll let you know, though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Elimarna wrote:
    Oooh... I love this! I might enter, but I'll try to let you know by June 5 because if you still need a judge by then I might do that, instead. If I do judge, I can even sponsor a few points, if you'd like.

I would be happy with whatever course you chose. :) Though I am pretty sure I will have all the judges I need by then.

Rayshizzie wrote:
    Hello! Are you still looking for help with judging? I absolutely love looking through builds made by the many talented simmers in this community..Oh and I do have a tiny bit of experience if it's necessary, as I have hosted 2 of my own contests..just an fyi :P

I would be honored to have you as a judge, My email is in the about me section on my page, feel free to drop me a line anytime. :) And thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bump :)
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to participate in this contest. I'm shooting for second place ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013

yet another awesomely talented contestant.. I cant wait to see your entry. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    godshelpio wrote:

yet another awesomely talented contestant.. I cant wait to see your entry. :)

I can't resist. Like those tiny bottles of shampoo and travel size toothpaste. Tiny houses are too cute to resist!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2013
    oh I hope some will make family homes... I be watching....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    RayshizzieRayshizzie Posts: 2,650 Member
    edited May 2013
    godshelpio wrote:
    Elimarna wrote:

I would be happy with whatever course you chose. :) Though I am pretty sure I will have all the judges I need by then.

Rayshizzie wrote:

I would be honored to have you as a judge, My email is in the about me section on my page, feel free to drop me a line anytime. :) And thank you so much! :)

Great, will do! I'll send ya an email some time tomorrow, gotta get ready for bed, I'm beat, but talk to ya soon!
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would love to help you judge it..I might even be able to throw in some simspoints...how about 500? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would love to help you judge it..I might even be able to throw in some simspoints...how about 500? :mrgreen:

That would be wonderful! Ty so much for your generosity! :) My email is in my about me section on mypage, please feel free to drop me a line. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Bandcampsquirrel <3 Where have you been hiding?? :shock:
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited May 2013

Thats so sweet that someone missed me :shock: I got a new job last year and it was a brand new program that i had to get up and running so i have been really busy with that and then in the last few months I have had a few health issues that put me down for a while but Im back with a vengeance :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thats so sweet that someone missed me :shock: I got a new job last year and it was a brand new program that i had to get up and running so i have been really busy with that and then in the last few months I have had a few health issues that put me down for a while but Im back with a vengeance :wink:

I'm so glad you're doing better! And glad to have you back! *hugs*
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I'm so glad you're doing better! And glad to have you back! *hugs*

that^ I remember you from a long while back. :) I have had my times where I have disappeared for months at a time here and there.. It is good to see you around hon. :)