Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mesa Grande

Comments

• Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like it, can't wait to see more :D
  • Options
    PlumbobGuy96PlumbobGuy96 Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    Wow your recoloured rabbitholes are beatiful :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2013
    There's just something so clean and fresh about this world. Very professional. I look forward to seeing more :D
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2013

Nice :D
  • Options
    Amerikajin42Amerikajin42 Posts: 123 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like how this world looks. No, I love it! Bookmarked! :-)
  • Options
    aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2013
    Really appreciate your comments guys. Been working on rabbit holes today. Very happy with the results!

Also added a couple of new pics to the first post :-)
  • Options
    natchnatchnatchnatch Posts: 78 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Agree with all the comments above, looks really nice!
    Have also bookmarked :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here's a set of new trees and plants I'm working on. Im going for oranges and reds with this world. They also change color in fall. The fall colors in the pic aren't final though :mrgreen:

Trees_zps85ab09e3.png

TreesFall_zps5c8bfe7f.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Still been working on this world. Don't have any new pics for now but everything is going fine, just needs a few fixes here and there and it'll be good to go. I'm hoping I can get a downloadable version of this world with just community lots uploaded by next week!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :)

It looks really good. Love the recolors and the trees. :D
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited May 2013
    Here's a set of new trees and plants I'm working on. Im going for oranges and reds with this world. They also change color in fall. The fall colors in the pic aren't final though :mrgreen:
    I love these recolors. This is beautiful work. Lovely world you've got going here, Aaron!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I should mention that the trees are brand new and don't overwrite any trees from the basegame or expansions.

I was wondering if it would be better to upload two versions of this world. one with fall color trees like the pic above and another version with green trees like my original design. Would that be a good idea?
  • Options
    frenchpoodle777frenchpoodle777 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I should mention that the trees are brand new and don't overwrite any trees from the basegame or expansions.

I was wondering if it would be better to upload two versions of this world. one with fall color trees like the pic above and another version with green trees like my original design. Would that be a good idea?

Yes! I for one love to have a green tree world, so it doesn't remind me of fall all year. Your world is absolutely beautiful by the way, very new and it reminds me of this place I used to go to!

Is it a big world or is it on the medium small size? And what kind of houses do you plan on making with it? Very pretty! :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't agree more with that. The world looked great with red and yellow trees but I though that with seasons they weren't really needed anymore.

The world is on a large template. It's pretty huge because it's got a custom distant terrain mesh. I'd love to share a pic of the whole map but I'm keeping it under wraps for now :mrgreen:

Here's a few more pics and a new icon I made for fun!

MGIconcopy_zps0898d188.png

MG10_zps19471770.png

MG9_zps940b1476.png

MG8_zpse2a8f3b3.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Love, love love! So do you think it will be out still by next week?

I plan on making a family before Island Paradise and building up everything and I'd love to use your world! :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping to release it next week with just rabbit holes and venues only for the time being. Building houses is soooo much hard work.:lol:

At the minute I'm getting the fall colors of the trees finished and doing some testing with my new items. After that I need to create a better initial flyover and bundle my objects and world into a neat package file like the store worlds are. :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait! It looks like it'd have really pretty summers too!

Any more pictures today? :wink:
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited May 2013
    What a nice and refreshing world. It is lovely. I love the rabbithole recolors. Bookmarked.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well as much as I'd have liked to release the world today it wasn't meant to be. Package files have become corrupted after converting them to sims3packs and the game is showing that my world has no empty lots. I can and will fix these problems but it may take some time. Don't have any new pics yet sorry frenchpoodle but I'll definitely post more soon :-)

apologies for the delay by the way :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It took all day but finally I've finished my new movie theatre. The old one glitched out on me after installing it for some reason :shock:

Mesa Grande is coming along fine again and is back on track. Will probably release a Beta for a short time but should be bug free anyway.

MG6_zpsb41b565b.png
  • Options
    poodleponchopoodleponcho Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2013
    This looks amazing! :) Your recolors are spectacular, as are your terrain painting skills! Bookmarked! :) Can't wait to see the finished product!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Uploading it today! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bump :lol:
  • Options
    poodleponchopoodleponcho Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded Mesa Grande last night but haven't had much time to actually play (I've been adding homes and sims). It looks great though! :)
    Although, I did have a bit of trouble the first time I downloaded it. It downloaded fine (no crashing or anything)but a lot of the rabbit holes were missing. I solved the issue though, and came to the realization that it was my own fault...I didn't read the Read Me file therefore I downloaded the files into the wrong folder. :oops:
    Anyways, you did a wonderful job! Your sculpting and terrain painting are both unbelievable. I'm really surprised that more simmers haven't commented on this post. Their loss I guess, but once again, GREAT job! :)
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi Aaron, I have a problem downloading the file. The server where you uploaded it looks like this:
    problemamesagrande_zpsfe059c73.png
    I can't see any link or anything :( Any ideas?
    I use Chrome but I've tried to access this page with Internet Explorer and it happens the same.

It's a shame because I really want to explore this world. I hope you can help me, thanks :wink: