Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different male and female animations/More indepth traits system

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    Curlykatz wrote:
    It might just be me, but I've always thought it would be interesting to have different animations for the male and female sims. At the moment all sims do the same animations when chatting and stuff, like the hands up and then clapped together when they're enjoying what they're chatting about. I've always thought the male characters look a bit strange doing that. It would be cool if maybe the animations were more connected with the traits. So maybe if one trait was 'manly' their animations would be a lot more subdued when chatting than someone who was 'girly' etc etc.

No. Dear gods no.

You have no idea the can of worms that opens. I've seen the arguments that result from it; no matter how realistic the animations are to reality, accusations of sexism start to fly. Even on civil game forums, those get quite heated and involve people being offended; on this site, the flame war would dwarf every other flame war in the site's history and might involve dozens of bans just to bring it back under control.

I don't care how good you think this idea is or how little you think this idea will cause trouble; reality has always proven this idea is horribly, horribly bad.