Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So that's it?

That's it? The announcement....NO info AT ALL? Not even a picture? I'm not going to be a happy camper if they make us wait months for a simple picture. I'm happy to hear about the announcement, but really it just feels like they are messing with us. Not even a press release?

Someone please refresh my memory.. When sims 3 was announced, didn't we get pics, trailer, and info the same day? How do they expect to reel us in and get the hype up if we don't know what to be hyped about?!

Comments

• Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    They live to turtore us.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    Game is a year away :D Relax :P

There is a massive community event in August, pretty sure we'll get tons of pictures then :D
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    What were you expecting? TS3 still has 2 EPs and an SP to go. They've already taken away a lot of hype from those games, they're not just going to eliminate it all with a whole ton of TS4 info, are they?
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully they'll show it off for real at E3. I'm not sure of the chances of that, though, as I've never watched E3 for The Sims series before. And I remember at E3 in 2011, they didn't show the newly announced Pets EP at all (aside from the console versions being playable on the floor, IIRC), which seemed rather odd to me. So The Sims series (computer version) may be one of those series they like to announce independently, but who knows?
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    germangirl16germangirl16 Posts: 339 New Member
    edited May 2013
    It just seems kinda nuts to wait 3 months to show us a picture or tell us SOMETHING!
    I'm unfortunately not a patient person.
  • Options
    KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's it? The announcement....NO info AT ALL? Not even a picture? I'm not going to be a happy camper if they make us wait months for a simple picture. I'm happy to hear about the announcement, but really it just feels like they are messing with us. Not even a press release?

Someone please refresh my memory.. When sims 3 was announced, didn't we get pics, trailer, and info the same day? How do they expect to reel us in and get the hype up if we don't know what to be hyped about?!

They specifically didn't talk to the media because 3 hours before the official announcement they had a conference call with all of their fans/fansites that are part of the community and let them all exclusively know beforehand. They also want them to influence the development of the game, which is also why they told them to be free for something special the 3rd week of August.

They let us know that Sims 4 is coming, but for now I think they want us to focus on the last few expansions for The Sims 3 in the meantime as something to concentrate on. As we go through those expansions and experience more new content, by then we will probably have some more information that will let us become more excited for Sims 4. This way, we have some more time to play with Sims 3 and we also know it won't be the end of the franchise because Sims 4 is definitely on the way.

Edit for bad grammar.