Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want Sims 4 online or not?

Hi, I really would want to choose to play online with other simmers in sims 4 :mrgreen:. I believe if I can join other simmers or even be put in a huge world away from my own game would be awesome! Whats your view?

Comments

• Options
    ShooterIIShooterII Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2013
    Personally I would not like it, as you never know if the other simmer is going to kill people in your world which woul be depressing. Not to mention the fact that it is being able to build the city of your dreams, and with other simmers playing in it, they might ruin your work.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited May 2013
    NOT. But I know there are people who want it so I hope there's an option to have it online or completely offline.
  • Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2013
    No, I wouldn't. If they announced that they were in the future going to make Sims 4, and also Sims Online, then I would be fine with it. The Sims is a one player game in my opinion. If they want to start another, SEPARATE, franchise for online play, count me out but at least I'd be able to carry on with my favourite games. Alone.

Lol. I know we are a grumpy lot but I really don't want anyone else in my game. It's MINE :p
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    taylor7878taylor7878 Posts: 151 Member
    edited May 2013
    while a cant wait for sims 4 a don't want it online with other sims players a like it just me and them,

I would imagine that if it was online it would be very confusing lol
  • Options
    KimberleyKimberley Posts: 392 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't want it to be online. I like to play The Sims for just me, I wouldn't want it to be online.
    And I certainly don't want it to go down the same route as SimCity. That was absolutely tragic.
    As long as there is a completely offline mode, I will be happy.
  • Options
    melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited May 2013
    Only if it's 100% optional. I don't mind the idea of some online aspects (like your town being populated with sims other people have uploaded to the exchange) and I can understand other people would like to interact with a friend's sims.

But really, I play the sims as my own little private dollhouse and no one interferes. If any friends of mine want to play, I give them a new world instead of one I've been playing in for a while.
  • Options
    ian111199ian111199 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I find it a bit creepy that my sims would woohoo with other people. Plus My internet is not great.

Rather have a extra online feature than the whole game be online.

Maybe have a option to have your world open when you are connected. So people can play in your world, but only if you want to.

• Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited May 2013
    my biggest issue is the online with people you dont know.

we have a lot of different ages playing this game, female and male. So when does the mods come in to protect issues from happening.. but also not being so picky and doing punishments left and right.

only way i can see it working online is:

1. you can go completely offline.
    2. you can invite 2-3 friends to your world only ..and you share the same world ..

you all laugh now, but the moment we are stuck to no cc / no custom worlds.. the game will sadly go down hill.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited May 2013
    i played the first sims online and i loved it altho alot abused it,they would have to try to control it somehow,but i would play it again in a heartbeat
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited May 2013
    If sims 4 is online I would be absolutely heart broken and I would never play it. Don't fix what isn't broken, EA should have known that with Sim City and the Sims
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't want it to be an online only game. I like some MMO's, but I don't want my sims to be one of them.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2013
    No, I would not like The Sims 4 to completely online, but I would like it if there was a multiplayer section :D You could head down to the park and see actual other Simmers there swimming in a pool across the road or having a picnic which would be so cool to me :mrgreen: But then I don't want it to be always online because, well, just look at Simcity!
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    CaptobvsCaptobvs Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited May 2013
    Only if it's 100% optional. I don't mind the idea of some online aspects (like your town being populated with sims other people have uploaded to the exchange) and I can understand other people would like to interact with a friend's sims.

But really, I play the sims as my own little private dollhouse and no one interferes. If any friends of mine want to play, I give them a new world instead of one I've been playing in for a while.

^ This. Plus my Sims games are my go to game when my internet goes down or the 2 MMO's I play are down for maintanence or updates.
  • Options
    TearsDropFastTearsDropFast Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really want it to be online actually! Me and my friends could play all the time together. Though there should be an option to turn it on or off.
    5zmdfp.png
  • Options
    JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2013
    I can understand the appeal of 'ZOMG ONLINE GAME PLAY'..... but I swear, if they make it manditory I won't be joining. I've Seen what happened with Diablo 3 and Sim City, I have no want or need to join in on that debacle again.

I like being the God of my own world. sometimes I am generous, sometimes I am wicked, but it is my decision to make >=|
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't want Sims 4 any which way. I'm content with TS3.
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    Absolutely not, I want nothing to do with online gameplay. Simport was bad enough and I don't even use it.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited May 2013
    Online if it could be like Elder Scrolls open world, economic system, super graphics.
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't want the game to be online dependent. They should only use it to enhance the gaming experience and not in a way that you need it to basically run the game.
    *looks at Simcity 2013*
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited May 2013
    NO
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't want Sims 4 to be a online only forced multiplayer game like SimCity. If I were a Sim I would have the loner trait and I like to play my Sims games by myself, and not need to worry about other people. I never bought Showtime because of Simport, and I won't buy Sims 4 if I'm forced to interact with other people.

I want to be able to play Sims my own way and not need to worry about what other people are doing.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind visiting sims friends in game, but I don't think that's going to happen. Pretty sure I just heard them say ts4 is single player.

ETA: I was iffy about it, but am good now that I know it's not going to happen.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited May 2013
    No online at all. And if they do add online features they better be 100% optional and they better not affect my single player game. I'm looking at you Showtime.
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited May 2013
    NO

This! lol :lol:
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...