Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot find My Electronic Arts folder on Regedit?

I lost the serial codes for some of my Sims 3 games, but I've got them on my computer, just not registered on The Sims 3 website. I would quite like to register them here. But I've lost the serial codes.
I was told to go into Regedit, and do the step by step tutorial that will eventually lead to me finding my serial codes on my computer.
So, I've done the first few steps, and then I go and expand software, look for the EA folder, and it's not there. Boom. Gone.
I don't understand, because I definitely have EA on my computer.
Please help?

Comments

• Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited May 2013
    I lost the serial codes for some of my Sims 3 games, but I've got them on my computer, just not registered on The Sims 3 website. I would quite like to register them here. But I've lost the serial codes.
    I was told to go into Regedit, and do the step by step tutorial that will eventually lead to me finding my serial codes on my computer.
    So, I've done the first few steps, and then I go and expand software, look for the EA folder, and it's not there. Boom. Gone.
    I don't understand, because I definitely have EA on my computer.
    Please help?
    Since you still have the game installed you can go to RUN and type regedit to find the keys in the Windows Registry.

The paths to look for the CD keys depends on what type of computer/laptop you have.

See the following registry paths (for Seasons) as an example:

For 32-bit OS:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Seasons\ergc

For 64 bit OS:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 Seasons\ergc

ETA: I am running Win7 64-bit.
    Here's a screen shot (reg key hidden), of that path as a visual aid. Make sure you follow the path exactly (for your system), which will show at the bottom of the registry window.

ev4483.jpg

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    sims3rockslike2sims3rockslike2 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I can't find my ergc underneath my sims 3 pets or sims 3. Please help me please
  • Options
    twinkleberrypietwinkleberrypie Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this thread may have died out (most certainly did, Judging by activity) but I am having the same problem. But I can find the ergc folder for the game I am looking for, but under data it doesn't hold a serial code. everything else in that folder is filled in except that. What is wrong?! please help me, whoever is left to listen. please.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @twinkleberrypie How did you buy your game? These days, packs purchased through Origin don't come with serial codes of their own; Origin itself handles the authentication (at least in Windows). So if you're planning to reinstall through Origin, you won't need any codes—just sign in, download the base game from your Library, and then click More > Expansion (or Stuff) Packs to get a list of your owned content.

The only problem is if you're looking to install into mac OS, in which case you'd need to contact EA and ask for codes.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

P.S. There are still a few of us here, even if this particular thread has been dormant for several years. If you have other questions, there's a thread specifically for new members who can't start their own discussions yet:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest