Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cosy home for a family of four

LulielouisaLulielouisa Posts: 65 New Member
I'm creating small starter homes and would love some feedback (positive or negative). I'm finding it quite difficult to keep the costs down and still make the house really attractive. Some tips would be very welcome. Would also like to know how to add a picture here. But for now you can go to my page: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lulielouisa. The house I want feedback on is called: "suburban Bliss 01"

Comments

• Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hello. Highlight the url of your image and press the "Img" button on top.

I really hope this helps. Please keep in mind that there are probably better strategies to building a starter home, but I’ll just tell you what I did when creating the Mini Manor.

First, try to think of a house that is relatively simple in design but has some kind of eye-catching or interesting element to it. It has to be simple because you don’t want the floor plan to be maze-like, especially in such a petite home.
    After you’ve built the exterior of the house, cover the exterior walls with the cheapest wallpaper and use CAST to spruce it up. By using CAST, (I love CAST because it’s free) you can make the cheap and plain wallpaper into bricks, wood, etc. Then place the roof. Since roofs are free, you can be as creative as you’d like.

Then pick out all the furniture that’s going to be needed and just place them randomly around the house. I do this to see how much money is left over and if I am staying within the budget. Then try placing the furniture to different spots of the house to get an idea of the floor plan. After you’ve placed all of the furniture to your liking, section the house with walls.

Then place doors and windows, cover the interior walls and floor (constantly checking to see if you’re still within the budget). Then hopefully at this point, you’d have enough money left over for landscaping. Place trees, flowers, rocks, etc. Try using terrain paint (since it’s free) to keep it interesting.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks Allure. I'll try out your strategy when building a new starter home. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    tavoris08tavoris08 Posts: 344 Member
    edited July 2009
    ya im bilding starter houses too if you wont you can ckeek out theme at my pag. if you wont to plaec a photo you will need a photo host lik photobucket.com, so u can copy tha URL. dont worey its Free to join just go to Photobucket.com and join than upload your photos to it an then copy the URL an plaec it on your forum.

for examp [ img ]tavoris08[ img ]

put img befor and after the copeyd URL, it should do it for you so you may not need to do it

Tj08.jpg
    Tj08-2-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks Tavoris08. I managed to place images on my "The Little Red Farm House" thread by using your tip and it worked perfectly.
  • Options
    tavoris08tavoris08 Posts: 344 Member
    edited July 2009
    np im glad i helpd

Tj08.jpg
    Tj08-2-1.jpg