Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Goodiebox! Lets find out some nice info

So, goodieboxes are out once again. I really want to find out how big of a chance there is to get a world and, find out how many we usually get and so on

Share if you did CAS or Build buy and then share all the items/sets/worlds

My first:
CAS
1. The Marie Antoinette from Palace of Versailles, http://bit.ly/ZL2sLm
2. Goddess Contemporary Top from Date Night, http://bit.ly/Y7fRis
3. Rainbow Sherbet from no set, http://bit.ly/15KfQUg
4. Riding Boots from Palace of Versailles http://bit.ly/Y7gpVC
5. Show Stopping Style- Backstage Security Pants from Show Stopping Styles collection http://bit.ly/ZnB2LY
Bonus: Hewnsman Dining Room Set, http://bit.ly/Zwo0wH

From what i saw here i got 5 pieces of crap i never use and an ugly set (my opinion) :S Not happy with this one at all

If you feel like not using up time on getting links to everyone and find their name just do it like this:

Build buy, i got a chair, a dining table, Aquarium, Window, End table, Trash can, Sink and for bonus a male hairstyle

Comments

• Options
    VadeilVadeil Posts: 312 Member
    edited April 2013
    out of the 21 build boxes i have bought so far i got.

a ton of decoration items yay!
    a couple sets.
    and these couple things i have been wanting.

cow plant
    wind chime
    the Hibiscus Trio

• Options
    bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm so tempted, but I'm afraid to get a bunch of stuff I don't want. I would have been very disappointed if I got your stuff, Eivindbroen :?

Vadeil: sounds like you got cool stuff, but I don't want to buy 21 boxes either.

I would love to be surprised with the Sunlit Tides Gold Edition! But I wonder how often that happens.
  • Options
    AliceMarieAliceMarie Posts: 124 Member
    edited April 2013
    I bought 4 decor boxes and 4 CAS boxes, so a total of 1800 points.

Some of the better things I received were:
    outfits and decor from the last two releases (Tudors and Farming)
    the Date Night set
    Full Bayside set
    Sun, Surf, and Sand (swim + sleep)set
    Bak 2 Skool set

Alas, no worlds. I was hoping for Sunlit Tides.
  • Options
    MistabibblesMistabibbles Posts: 129 New Member
    edited April 2013
    First box I bought, I got...

The 390 (bike)
    Cutkelvin's Sofa
    Bayside Bathroom Set, which I'm excited for, since I'm building my beach house for Island Paradise, so I'll be remodeling my main bathroom with that some.

Second box:
    The Sims Classic- Survival of the Fittest Fixture (been wanting this actually)

Steampunk Kitchen- Primotrashcoggler Compactor (been working on this set slowly, got the dishwasher last night from DD)

Hillside Dusk Lamp (eh)

Hanging Kimono Wall Art (pretty, but eh)

Tranquil Trickle Fountain (Didn't know it existed, but I'm liking it lol)

The Alex (Men's hairstyle)

Both were buy/build boxes. And like others, I was hoping for sunlit tides gold edition, so I don't have to pay like $43 in simpoints for it.
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited April 2013
    This was my first time buying them, I got 3 plus a bonus 1. I am very disappointed.

Dionysus Sofa
    Steampunk Kitchen- Nuts, Bolts and Food Processor
    Futureshock Loft- Moisture Minimization Station
    Aurora LushStyle Waste Receptacle
    Chocin Bamboo Lantern Light
    Pearlescent Candle
    Bonus - Romanza Cermony + Reception

Three of a Kind Wall Lamp
    Party Banner
    Cleo Couture Sconce
    Check This Home Hokey Table
    Gothique Curtain II
    Imperial Dynasty End Table
    Bonus - Luxe Lounge Spa

Championship Football Trophy (Already Owned)
    Top Hat Trash
    Sweey Lullaby Chair
    Gothique Curtain
    Surf's Up Floor Lamp (Already Owned)
    Hidden Treasures Dining Table
    Bonus - Ultra Dryer

Ceiling Lamp
    Mini Mountains Table Light
    NeoRetro Chair
    Perpetual Long Ceiling Lamp
    Secret Stash by Marble Ash
    Pedro Estate Chandelier
    Versailles Mirror
    Bonus - The Alex

First of all, why so many lights?!

Secondly, I own 2 of those items already, both the Surf Floor Lamp and Football Trophy are in the Championship Dreams set, which I own.

And hair as a bonus?

I think there was only one item that I got that was on my wishlist, which is the Sweey Lullaby Chair, but as I have the whole set on my wishlist, this feels like a waste.

The Bonus Romanza wedding set seems good, but I already own most of the items from that and all the ones I wanted, the same with the Luxe Lounge Spa, I own the lounge chair and other chair.

The Ultra Dryer was a disappointing Bonus Item, I get it would be a bonus for those that don't have the EP/SP (whatever it is) that introduced the washer/dryers, but I do, so this doesn't feel like a bonus.

I have a pretty long wishlist, many single items, quite a few sets and a couple of worlds and to only get 1 item that was in a set on my WL (that I had really hoped to get in these Goodie Boxes) is very disappointing. But it was a gamble and it was my gamble, but it wont be one I will make again, especially when I don't know if I can get more points.
  • Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited April 2013
    I clicked on the goodie box and this is what I got:

"We’re sorry, this option is not available because of the amount of Store content you already own. Thank you for being such a great customer!"

I guess they're limiting it to how many items you own. :lol: :x :lol:

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    PrincessTink384PrincessTink384 Posts: 611 Member
    edited April 2013
    janeDoe001 wrote:

"We’re sorry, this option is not available because of the amount of Store content you already own. Thank you for being such a great customer!"

jD001

lol!!!
  • Options
    sawcat69sawcat69 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited April 2013
    janeDoe001 wrote:

jD001

Yeah, I got that when trying to get a buy/build box. So I got 8 CAS, since I don't usually buy clothes sets.

One duplicate set (Gothic Glamour Living)
    Bayside Bath
    tiki dining
    wind chimes
    Faire Folk bedroom,
    Hewnsman dining
    Its Game Time
    The Alex

And various single cas items. Luckily nothing all that bizarre (Oddest thing is the pilgrim lady's dress)
  • Options
    werepoetwerepoet Posts: 516 Member
    edited April 2013
    janeDoe001 wrote:

jD001

I got this message too but only for the decor box. I managed to buy a CAS box and I am mostly happy with it (funnily enough my bonus was Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer set, which doesn't have any CAS items in it at all). I just don't get why I can't buy a decor box. I probably don't even own half the store.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited April 2013
    I got it too! That message offended me! I'm like "What? Theres tons I want I don't have?" I think it's a bit disloyal to those who've actually bought enough to be told NO MORE! Rude! I just tried with the 1500 simpoint option, so maybe theres a threshold? I'm gonna try the lower one next... which is good because then I can get 1 of each of the 900 options. I'm broke as a joke but had a bad day and figured the goodie boxes were fun more so than anything else when I bought a few on Christmas morning. It was fun :)

So yes, I just bought simpoints via the phone lmao pathetic, but hey I wanted to go shopping at the store. LOL I'm actually considering picking up an EA cash card to get simpoints to get AS. I've wanted it but didn't want it. However, I have saved the "Science" career exploration since starting Sims 3 and I'm kinda in the mood to finally do it (being a scientist myself) and the whole concept of AS was a world I voted for in a survey but never thought would happen. However, I'm just overwhelmed with worlds and was at the time but now I'm ready for something new and AP still isn't doing it for me. LOL And I want that toddler stuff like crazy.

So to the EA employee who suggested since AS was getting bad reception they should hold off on releasing the good PC items as an inecentive to buy the world you can add "Conclue" to that list of suckers, I mean simmers! ;) JK but still I am succombing to that stupid marketing mentallity. just thought I'd note that since I'm being told no by the stupid gift boxes and thats why I just bought simpoints on my phone. LOLOL
  • Options
    LJCHRIS90LJCHRIS90 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I actually got the full set of the Tutor of Tudor as a bonus set. I was pretty happy with that because I didn't have any plans to buy it unless it was on sell or part of a DD.

I also got: the Playtime rug
    Center Stage bed
    hula dancer lamp
    Musabi Hunter video game
    and a lot of lamps and décor items.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited April 2013
    I got among other things the October 2011 set, 63 items! Then I realized I already own half of them.

I'm also kind of disappointed that I got the Ultra Loungd dining set. I bought it last year as part of the Full Ultra Lounge Set, but I guess it doesn't register that way.
  • Options
    manismithmanismith Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2013
    I just got the 3 + 1 bonus box (build/buy) and feel pretty meh about the items that were in it. Lots of individual items plus one set. My only issue is that at least 3 of the individual items were part of the set I recieved. I wish they had a way to be sure things like this didn't happen :roll:.

• Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited April 2013
    This is what I got, you can see all of the repeats. I'm not complaining about those at all.(should I be?)
    I just want to buy more boxes. Addiction is a terrible thing.
    goodiebox1.png:original
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited April 2013
    I got a bunch of stuff, a lot of it came from futureshock and drifter's desire it seems like lol. I would probably use most of the items. I'm not incredibly pleased but I think it's fun to open them so eh.

I did get Bahhaus as a bonus set, which makes it kind of worth it, it is a cool set and I never bought it. I also got the magic items bundle but I had everything but the spellbook. I did really want the spellbook so that's fine!

I got tiki dining room as a bonus and already own that. I also got haute hacienda cactus sculpture and I already owned that. Pretty annoying when they made it a big deal about no repeats :roll:

• Options
    chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited April 2013
    So, I bought a 300sp CAS box. I'm not usually a big fan of CAS but figured that it couldn't hurt.

Here's what I got:

Little Bows *75sp
    Modern Interpretation Outfit *75sp
    Newcomb Dress *75sp
    Long Mandarin Coat *75sp
    (Bonus)Wild Bed Head *100sp
    (Bonus)Haute Hacienda Fireplace *200sp

Total value of items 600sp, so I got them at a 50% discount. It's not too bad but I think that the DD would have better.
  • Options
    Cookie_Jar3Cookie_Jar3 Posts: 137 New Member
    edited April 2013
    They said i own to much stuff which i really dont... I hardly own any of the male clothing or hair
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited April 2013
    Lemonpawz wrote:
    I got a bunch of stuff, a lot of it came from futureshock and drifter's desire it seems like lol. I would probably use most of the items. I'm not incredibly pleased but I think it's fun to open them so eh.

I did get Bahhaus as a bonus set, which makes it kind of worth it, it is a cool set and I never bought it. I also got the magic items bundle but I had everything but the spellbook. I did really want the spellbook so that's fine!

I got tiki dining room as a bonus and already own that. I also got haute hacienda cactus sculpture and I already owned that. Pretty annoying when they made it a big deal about no repeats :roll:

Yeah, I am with you on the repeats. Problem is, I think, they put items into sets, and then put those sets into bigger sets, and then they make large compilations out of them. Therefore, it would probably be nearly impossible to code everything so that nothing repeats, which blows. :roll:

@chasingAJ: Yeah, you would think the DD would have better, but not so much the past couple of days. Seems to be a lot of (almost) repeats on there as well. :?
  • Options
    thegiltreysthegiltreys Posts: 241 Member
    edited April 2013
    I got the four box deal. I'm kind of disappointed because most of the clothing items I got were things I probably would never have bought individually. I also didn't get very lucky with the bonus items. I already owned a couple of the bonus sets that I received.

It serves me right for gambling. I was really hoping I'd get lucky and get the Stones Throw Greenhouse, Le Cinema Plumbob, or the Al Fresco Street Market. I should have known they wouldn't be very likely to give those away. Oh well.

I did get a couple of cute outfits, including A Sit Down Affair, Jacket and Pencil Skirt for Elders, Zippy Sweater, and Festive Azteca Shorts and Socks. The bonus items I got were a sweater, Hewnsman Dining Room Set, Hak 2 Skool Arcade Machine, and Tiki Living Room Set.

Somehow I got almost all toddler clothes, which sucks because I only let toddlers exist for two days in my game. I'm not big on kid Sims since they can't do very much. Oh well. It was fun playing the lottery. :-)
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have never done a CAS goodie box, just the build/buy stuff. I'm not a fan or most of EA's hairs and clothes are such a hit or miss.
  • Options
    NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited April 2013
    I managed to get a set and then a compilation which featured the same set out of one cluster of boxes :(
    Other than got the sun surf and sand (that was the duplicate one with one of the smaller sets in it), Hewnman set (dining i think it was), faire folk outdoors, fairfolk furnishings and attire (though i already owned one of the smaller sets in the compilation), several arcade machines, the forest bedroom set, show stopping styles collection (sadly already owned several outfits from it) and a load of random bits and bobs.
    I would say what i got was ok, not great but not vexing either.
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited April 2013
    okay so here is my updated list, and just like Noxxi said it's neither amazing nor underwhelming. :!: Caution: You may need a magnifying glass :!: :lol:
    overallgoodiebox.png:original
    The greyed out portion is from last years Goodie box deal. There are lots of repeats and but there are also lots of things that I didn't own. The worst portion of this was the OH MY Goth compilation (which I owned every part of :cry: ). The best part of this was the Itadakimasu set which I've wanted for a bit now.
    Maybe I'll get more, but I doubt it. I think I'll be waiting until Digital Monday sales in November (hopefully they have them) to splurge like this.
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    kiircatkiircat Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2013
    janeDoe001 wrote:

jD001

I got this too so I bought a bunch of CAS boxes instead.

I got a bunch of okay clothes and a couple of decent bonuses including:

Through the Spy Glass
    Ultra Lounge Study Set
    Warbling Wind Chimes
    Island Villa
    Faire Folk Slumber
    Championship Dreams
    Jet Set Elders
    Ultra Lounge Dining Set
    Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Collection
    Full Storybook Set
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited April 2013
    With the kind of luck I've had today, I'm not going to chance buying a goodie box. I'll wait until tomorrow. Blah.
    giphy.gif