Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuru I need Your Help (Support says that)

Hi,

I have 2 general problems / 1 question and support says thay only You will be able to help me:
1) I own Monte Vista but on my page the badge for this world isn't matched as owned.
2) For more then 5-6 mounths I can't read my messages from friends/SimGuru
the last one:
3) If I buy Goodie Boxes for 900 or 1500 simpoints will I be able to get Aurora Skies (standard or gold edition)?

Thank you for your involvement in the game, thank you for your help SimGuru.

By the way, I have to remind you of the two errors that affect me the most:
+ Lack of animation in the fountains from the store
+ No animation for some fish in an aquarium if you have it from the Sims 3 Store or High-End Loft Stuff

You may be mentioned a person solves problems before you prepare a new patch

Comments

• Options
    Magicman34Magicman34 Posts: 213 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have the same issue but with Hidden Springs, owned, but my page doesn't show it.

I've never been able to read messages, often see "1 Message", click and nothing shows, then it disappear.

Hope you get your answer as It may help me too.
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited April 2013
    Problems Galore! :shock:

I also have a similar issue: I own and have registered every EP and SP out so far and have pre-ordered Island Paradise. My problem is that on My Page, the icon for Master Suite indicates I do not own/haven't registered it. I double checked and it IS registered. :?
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited April 2013
    I also have the problem with Monte Vista not showing up as 'owned'. Not on my MyPage and not on my PurchaseHistory. (It does show up as 'download' when I go to the page direct, so it's not a really huge issue, but still...)

Also, for the Xth time I have had a set paid for twice in a row - so I now own two copies of the chicken coop set and the Store took 3000 points instead of 1500. I e-mailed, but I didn't get an answer. I can't find live chat and I am afraid calling overseas would be expensive...

• Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've had the problems with the messages and gift messages for awhile too. I posted a thread about it and Gurus were apparently getting this fixed, but then they just went quiet. Disappointing.
  • Options
    Marit_WateryMarit_Watery Posts: 302 Member
    edited April 2013
    There is a sticky on the technical forum about these issues:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/588346.page

About the worlds not showing up, I wonder if it is only worlds you didn't buy directly through the store, but through origin or retail? I bought all worlds through the store and mine all show on my page, but those who reported worlds missing on their page and who said how they purchased the world, all mentioned a non-store purchase. SO maybe the issue is there?

Regarding the messages this is a known issue for quite some time and the web team will probably need to completely redo the whole thing, at least that's my understanding from SimGuruRusskii's post.

On the Goodie Boxes I can't give a definite answer, but last time they did them you could get all worlds even in the gold version if you were lucky, so I don't see why they would exclude AS from this. It's probably easiest to just include the whole store (minus free items) anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    KarinL wrote:
    I also have the problem with Monte Vista not showing up as 'owned'. Not on my MyPage and not on my PurchaseHistory. (It does show up as 'download' when I go to the page direct, so it's not a really huge issue, but still...)

Also, for the Xth time I have had a set paid for twice in a row - so I now own two copies of the chicken coop set and the Store took 3000 points instead of 1500. I e-mailed, but I didn't get an answer. I can't find live chat and I am afraid calling overseas would be expensive...

Hey, about your being charged twice issue:

All you have to do is click on the 'Help' button at the top of the page and choose 'Frequently Asked Questions'. Once you are on that page, you may have to log in and dig around a bit, answer some questions, etc, but you should end up with an option for 'live chat' evetually. That is how I got my issue, the same as yours, resolved.

There seems to be a whole lot of double billing in the store lately. :(
  • Options
    kittana514kittana514 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited April 2013

About the worlds not showing up, I wonder if it is only worlds you didn't buy directly through the store, but through origin or retail? I bought all worlds through the store and mine all show on my page, but those who reported worlds missing on their page and who said how they purchased the world, all mentioned a non-store purchase. SO maybe the issue is there?

For me - it's Barnacle Bay that's not showing up - and it was purchased via the store 9/23/2010 - even shows in my history. So unfortunately, while that would be a great guess, it's not the case :/
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited April 2013
    kittana514 wrote:

For me - it's Barnacle Bay that's not showing up - and it was purchased via the store 9/23/2010 - even shows in my history. So unfortunately, while that would be a great guess, it's not the case :/

Same issue - Barnacle Bay purchaced via the store, but does not show up on My Page.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    Marit_WateryMarit_Watery Posts: 302 Member
    edited April 2013
    kittana514 wrote:

Sorry, that is something I forgot to mention. It seems that with BB there is another layer to this issue because at the beginning BB came out separate from the bucaneer's bounty set, but at some point those 2 were linked together and you can only buy BB WITH bucaneer's bounty now. It seems that people who bought BB before that link have the problem you have and in all other cases (MV, HS, later copies of BB) my previous statement seems to be true.
    Like I said, it's just a guess and I forgot to mention this one special case initially, but I still have not seen any report that contradicts this :(

@JEREMYSIMS01: When didi you purchase BB? Did it already include bucaneer's bounty?
  • Options
    seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I hope SimGuru can help us :oops:
  • Options
    SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited April 2013
    Marit_Watery is so on the mark!

I bought Barnacle Bay 01/02/11 through the store and a year later Buccaneer's Bounty as a free download on the 03/27/12 through the store.

This fits justs as you say.

Mine is not showing as owned in the new My Page feature of Owned Worlds and I can't get into my Purchase History now to see if it is still owned there. I have printouts of my Purchase History that was the only way I could give dates.

I think things may settle after a little ironing out of the wrinkles.

Heres hoping :D
  • Options
    PrincessTink384PrincessTink384 Posts: 611 Member
    edited April 2013
    i own barnacle bay and it says i don't own it!
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited April 2013
    MV doesn't show as owned for me - I bought it on sale from origin and got a code to redeem.

I can't read system messages either - this has been going on for months. Sometimes I can see gifting messages, sometimes I can't, but at least those I can retrieve from my emails.

I would also like to know if we can get some of the new sets via the goody boxes
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We’re sorry, this option is not available because of the amount of Store content you already own. Thank you for being such a great customer! :oops:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hello everyone :)
    Firstly, the new look 'my page' is awesome :) Also I love the new 'store' page layout. I find it alot easier to use :)
    I too am having 'my page' icon issues. SimGuruRusskii has offered assurances in the technical thread that although our 'my page' icons are missing, we do still in fact own the world :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just thought I'd pop in to report that, for some reason, my Master Suite icon has reappeared, so it shows I own it. I hope the issues everyone else is having get sorted soon!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited April 2013
    I am seeing blank icons for Seasons; University Life; 70s 80s 90s Stuff; Barnacle Bay.

The EPs and SP are all registered and I've had BB since it first came out. I am one of the purchasers of the world who didn't get the staircases.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited April 2013
    You all have got to get out and visit other parts of the forum. :wink:

See SimGuruRusskii's thread sticky'd at the top of the Technical Forum.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/672312.page

If you want to know about the Worlds and other icons, take note where it says...

HUGE NOTE:

Cheers! :D
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited April 2013
    blunote00 wrote:

If you want to know about the Worlds and other icons, take note where it says...

HUGE NOTE:

Yes. I know. I already read it a few times. But thanks anyway. I was thinking about that when I added the fact that I too am missing some items off my page. I hope they fix the badges soon too.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    blunote00 wrote:

HUGE NOTE:

THX for the info.

P.S I'v got AS in goodie box :lol: (but as well have some problems :oops: )