Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Riverview

Hey guys! I recently started updating Riverview to be a bit more expansion pack friendly, and I was wondering if anyone else had done the same?

I don't have any pictures right now, but so far I've bulldozed almost every lot down (I saved one farmhouse because I want to remodel it, those pretty garden strips downtown, and I plan on updating the fishery), and deleted all the families.

So what have you done with Riverview? Post pics or share stories, this is quickly becoming one of my favourite towns again and I would love to see what you guys have done with it!

Comments

• Options
    QuickyzQuickyz Posts: 123 New Member
    edited April 2013
    It has been my main town as of right now. Yeah I stuck about every community lot I have available on it save for the giant Late Night Towers which just wouldn't fit well. I've been in the midst of building my first community lot with a dance floor, skating and rollerblade ring, a pool, and a few venues. I'm unfamiliar if it will be treated like a feastival ground though since Riverview made that little industrial building into the feastival grounds. I have added a few parks and houses as well. My sim lives in a modified prebuilt home as well. Building buildings that look nice take a hell of a lot of time though.
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I find that my biggest problem is making the landscaping look natural.

If you change the lot type/zoning thing out of festival ground and into what you want it to be, sims won't treat it like a festival grounds.

Glad I'm not the only one who likes this town. It really is beautiful.
  • Options
    QuickyzQuickyz Posts: 123 New Member
    edited April 2013
    It is quite a nice town. My new building is suppose to be one giant entertainment center. I might stick a juice bar in it. Kind of wish there was something of a cafe you could place. I still need to decide on the flooring, and walls since it is almost complete. I'll probably put it up on the exchange when I'm done since it is kind of neat.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited April 2013
    Quickyz wrote:
    I've been in the midst of building my first community lot with a dance floor, skating and rollerblade ring, a pool, and a few venues. I'm unfamiliar if it will be treated like a feastival ground though since Riverview made that little industrial building into the feastival grounds.

It will only be treated like a festival ground if you zone it as such and use the seasonal markers. :)

I love Riverview. Last time I played it, I kept the little island much the same (except I put the salon where that park is on the end), but changed everything in the little business district to the Late Night rabbitholes and placed a couple of the medium high rise shells.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've updated a lot of the Worlds to Uni, here are some of my Riverview images.

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot-214.jpg

screenshot-312.jpg

screenshot-54.jpg

screenshot-123.jpg

screenshot-134.jpg

screenshot-154.jpg

screenshot-223.jpg

screenshot-262.jpg

screenshot-271.jpg

I have a save game file here http://www.mediafire.com/?7yx45z0volkfqqj

More updated Worlds here http://illyiannasblog.wordpress.com/sims-3-downloads/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited April 2013
    I love Riverview! Here's my pics - sorry about all the snow, it's Winter in my current game :D

This is a small wedding chapel and then a combined store next to it (apothecary and pet store), placed in the town near the city hall:
    Storechapel.jpg

A sports bar, the gym and a salon - kind of opposite the police station:
    Salongymclub.jpg

The two horse places and the junkyard (where houses used to be):
    Horsestuff.jpg

The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 place (lol, I guess some townies have been having Winter fun there) - this is placed on 310 Cypress Lane:
    [IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/elanorbreton/Riverview/🐸🐸🐸🐸.jpg[/IMG]

The fire station, which is next to the science place. The other side of the science place is Shady Joe's consignment store and then the criminal place:
    Firestation.jpg

I put a bowling alley opposite the diner:
    Bowlingalley.jpg

Then I made a festival lot for next to the school:
    Festival.jpg
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow, I don't have supernatural but from what I'm seeing the stuff just looks gorgeous in Riverview! Thanks for sharing you guys :mrgreen: (and sorry for the super late reply, yay school)