Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worried About Adding Lots...

I was worried about adding lots to already edited to hilt EA worlds with new Island Paradise specific lots, but after reading about a tweet from SimGuruMike on another site I feel better about it.
Periandre wrote:
Originally Posted by Twitter Brett Downey ‏@Bigbruin78 18 Apr @SimGuruMike can you build lots with both land and water when editing the town? Mike Zamora ‏@SimGuruMike 18 Apr @Bigbruin78 Yes, in Edit Town you can now pretty much place lots anywhere in the world even fully on water like an island.

Create your own island? This opens up possibilities...

Agreeing with that simmer, this does open up possibilities. I have a cabana resort I built long time ago for the Recurve Strand in Sunset Valley, wanted to update it when IP comes out, but also wanted part of it in the water so I can build huts over the water with the stilted foundation. I am so happy to see this information.

The lot I plan on updating:

Screenshot-2421.jpg

Not a good view, but this gives an idea of what I was talking about. :)

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

Comments

• Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited April 2013
    i'm still wondering if we can place lots away from roads. i noticed the private lots on small islands didn't have a road connected to them, i'm just wondering if you can that with any lot in any world. :?
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited April 2013
    According to the tweet, you can place lots in the water and make an island, or place the lot partly in the water, or anywhere now.

I have been dreaming (really I have dreamed) about lots and remodeling or creating new residential/community ones.

I do believe you can place lots away from the road. I do hope the "unroutable terrain syndrome" is fixed by then. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh blewis, what a beautiful resort. Will dl/rec for use now and replace when you get the other one up and running. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    I hope this means that lots will no longer have a huge square of terrain visible underneath them when they're placed in water. As a CAW user it's something I've hated since forever.